“B&B which is a home from home...”

and 1 more site!
The Lawn Guest House
Ranked #8 of 21 Maidenhead B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We stayed at this B&B a few weeks ago, as had a wedding in the near vicinity and pretty much took over the place. Whilst not plush, it was great value and very homely. Also had more character than going to a bog standard Travelodge or Premier Inn which would be a similar price. Owner made us very welcome. Would recommend if you're in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Lawn Guest House

Reviewed 1 October 2012

This a relatively large guesthouse with a range of different room sizes. We had a double room in which was clean, tidy and complete with a large flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi . The en-suite had recently been refurbished and was excellent (Room 6). We were warmly welcomed and throughout our two day stay all the staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast consisted of a very good fresh fruit salad that I really hit the spot. There are a number of reviewers that had commented on the standard of the breakfasts. I was consequently slightly disappointed when the food did not have the appearance of "cooked to order", for instance the fried egg must have been sitting somewhere warm and although the yolk looked runny this was only skin deep. Also it was a bit surprising to have no amenities other than liquid soap. Nonetheless it was good but not exceptional. As observed before this is a guest house and not a hotel. We would stay here again but felt that some of the rave reviews about the breakfast are slightly over the top (other than the fruit salad!).

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Booked this B&B for a buisness trip.Arrived 6.30pm to a warm welcome and swiftly taken to my room.Clean comfortable bed ample room space and a flat screen tv.Asked if it was possible to fax some paperwork back to my office and Connor was more than obliging and said he would do this within the hour without any hesitation.I have stayed at other establishments and made to feel you were putting them out but not here 10/10.Breakfast was spot on and served to accommodate buisness people from 7am.Would def stay here again and would recommend to anyone.A family run affair which I do firmly beleive your get a much better service.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We booked a room got there and there was slight mix up we were given an instant discount. great room with crisp white cotton bedlinen (no polyester) and breakfast fit for Kings and Queens such variety and great service excellent and thank you.

Room Tip: none to offer
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank lesrosesblanches
Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Lawns Guest House for 2 nights when in the area for a wedding.

We arrived late on the Friday evening and were warmly greeted by the owners and shown to our room.

We were in room 4 which was a large double room with an additional single bed. There was ample space, tv with freeview and the bathroom was clean with a good shower and bath. Bed was comfortable and we didn't have any issues with noise during the night.

Breakfast offered a selection of cereals, toast and a full cooked English breakfast which on both days was perfectly adequate.

It is a traditional B&B and for us had the main things we would expect from a good B&B - clean, nice breakfast, tea/coffee facilities in room and good hospitality from the owners.

Would stay again if in Maidenhead.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Euan R
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I live in the Cotswolds, however I work near Heathrow - and so for almost twelve months now I have spent every Monday and Tuesday night at the Lawn Guest House.
After spending many depressing nights in impersonal hotels, I stumbled upon the Lawn. And I'm very pleased I did. My stays are always comfortable and the service from Phil and his team is always very pleasant. It's the small things that can make such a difference - a smile and a chat on arrival, the IPOD docks in the rooms meaning I don't need to remember my charger, Phil providing me with cutlery so I can eat in my room, the occasional ride to the train station and the amazing fresh fruit salad that I have every morning for breakfast. The rooms, whilst yes, a little bit dated, are clean and comfortable and are in the progress of being updated - the bathroom in room six is lovely. The area is lovely as well and it makes a huge difference to my week to be able to safely go for a walk in the evening when I'm staying down.
Thanks Phil and team.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Claire H
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We stopped en route to Heathrow on our way home. We were put in an attic room up two flights of stairs which was a challenge for my wife with a hip problem,. The room was clean and adequate but a bit shabby. The bathroom was excellent. It was a bit surprising though to have no amenities other than liquid soap. Breakfast was very good and the people were pleasant.. Overall good value. Would recommend it for short stays.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple