“Good quality food and great service”
Review of Blue River Cafe

Blue River Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue River Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 152 Restaurants in Maidenhead
Price range: US$9 - US$34
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on the River Thames, it has the ideal scenery with a large beer garden and terrace perfect for summer dining. Indoors is spacious, with comfy seating areas and live sports throughout the day. Live music is also available on Friday evenings in our bar area.
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The food was all really good, the Fillet steak was one of the best I have had, all presented beautifully. The kids meals were really tasty and good value for money. The service was second to none and I would highly reccommend the Blue River Cafe to anyone. The staff couldnt have been more helpful and they were exceptionally good with the kids.

Paul T, Manager at Blue River Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Job123

Thank you for your recent review and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Blue River Café. It is always pleasing to get great feedback and I will be passing on your comments to all the team with thanks.

I look forward to seeing you again soon

There are newer reviews for Blue River Cafe

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Just returned from a relaxing family meal here. Food was excellent - especially the Fillet Steak. Service was exceptional. My only 'criticism' would be that there wasn't any fruit salad available despite having requested this at the time of booking. (This is a general criticism of many, many restaurants). Would definitely visit again and sample other aspects of the menu.

Paul T, Manager at Blue River Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear TheJenster72

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us. I was delighted you and your family had a relaxing time with us and enjoyed the food. It is also pleasing to hear that you found the staff exceptional and I will pass on your great comments to them with thanks.
I know my team would normally accommodate requests from our customer's so apologies that we did not have any fruit salad available. I will speak to Chef to look at for the future.

I hope to see you soon

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I recently ate here with my family and we were all very disappointed by the entire experience. It was a very busy night and I knew immediately that the service was not going to be up to scratch. After having been kept waiting for a while just to be greeted by someone and shown to our table, we were given a table that was right on the edge of the restaurant and next to the busy bar area. It made the entire evening very loud and we had to shout across the table to hear one another. The service was slow as expected but also at times one waitress was particularly rude. Twice our order was taken wrong and the food generally was very average and left much to be desired. Although the food was inexpensive, they made up their quota with their wine, which was very average but very pricey. We may have just caught this place on a bad day but it's most likely we will not be returning.

Dear Imogen73

Thank you for your recent review and I am sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience with us. We have been getting a lot of great reviews as you can see from recent postings but obviously we failed to deliver on this occasion. Regardless of how busy we are it should not affect the customer experience and I will be speaking to the team to ensure we take the appropriate corrective action
I do hope you reconsider your decision to return in the future

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Good menu - good food - good service - great location what more could you want this riverside location is ideal for business or pleasure.

Dear SuzieWR

Thank you for your recent review and I was pleased to hear that you had a good experience with us. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Came here with a friend and had a lovely evening. Great food-I had the lasagne which was excellent, a good portion and very fresh ingredients. I was really impressed. We also had an eton mess which was amazing. I would definitely recommend going here and would like to go back in the future. We booked on a Friday evening but it was quite quiet so I doubt this was necessary, but we did just in case.

Paul T, Manager at Blue River Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Liz M

Thank you for your great review and I was delighted to hear that you and your friend had a lovely evening. I will pass on your great comments to the team and it is very much appreciated.
I look forward to welcoming you again soon

Kind Regards