US$137
Book now, pay at stay
US$105
US$99
US$90
Norfolk House Hotel(Maidenhead)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$176
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
1,228 results
All reviewshealth clubmilk and cookieslegoland packagepancake machineactivity packplay arealeisure facilitiestwo double bedsbar areakids buffetplay roomchanging roomsswimming poolreception staffkids eat freefamily hotelvisiting legoland
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed for one night B&B. Hotel pretty average, room the same, breakfast good and service was good. I am a parent myself so I really do not object to families and kids but this hotel was beyond normal. The moment we arrived there were kids rolling around on the carpet in reception. The Bar was just the same with the kids running around chasing each other. There is a slope leading to the rooms and Kids thought it was a great place to run down and do handstands. There is a play area next to the bar but not one kid was using it. When we went for dinner kids were playing football in the bar and we had to step over the ones rolling around the carpet. Breakfast was a noisy affair with tantrums being shown and that was by the parents as well.... I really admire the staff and their ability to switch off from the mayhem around them. I was going to use the pool etc but the over powering smell of chlorine was enough to tell me that there was something else in the pool other than water....

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrKarisma
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi MrKarisma,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I'm glad that you found our staff service and location to your liking. I do want to apologize for any inconvenience brought about by the noise disturbance. I can assure you that your feedback will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence you place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a two night booking for to stay for a wedding. Pre booked, check in was easy & straight forward. The place has a spar & pool, which we didn’t realise ..
On booking breakfast is £4 cheaper than to book on the day.
The breakfast was all lovely cooked, it’s self service & all fresh food.
Our room was small, but adequate.
Bath with shower, complementary shampoo etc.
Lovely clean white bedding & the bed was comfy too. Tv, tea & coffee . Iron & board , safe and a hairdryer in the draw.
Clean towels each day & all staff were friendly.
Ordered a cab from reception & this came on time ..
ample parking too

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2018

I was surprised at the room. The bathroom was a little small and a little dated, complete with humming fluorescent lights circa 1975. The electric in the room does not have outlets near the bed, which makes phone charging, alarm clocks, and my CPAP difficult propositions. I also needed to get my room key redone/replaced three times because it kept losing the programming.

The buffet breakfast was excellent. There is a good selection for everyone's tastes.

The staff overall, from housekeeping to reception to the kitchen, is friendly and helpful, willing to go the distance, and a little more, to assure a good stay. At the risk of singling out someone, James makes sure your breakfast experience expectation is met.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Georgina V, Front Office Team at Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear kmleather,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Im pleased to hear that all of the department staff made you feel welcome.I will mention your this review to James im which im sure he will be happy to receive your feedback.

I will mention your other feedback to our Management Team and see if we can improve our rooms facilities for the future.

I hope that we can welcome you back again to our hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We were on a Legoland deal and I have to say I was incredibly impressed with the hotel but particularly the staff. I don't know if I've ever stayed at a hotel where every single member of staff were excellent. Incredibly friendly and helpful, professional, polite and brilliant with the children. The lounge food was great, children eat free which was a bonus and we could use our Tastecard to get 50% off our adult mains. The room was perfect for us and the buffet breakfast really good quality. I would definitely recommend it and would definitely return. Once again, amazing staff.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank FlapsLondon

Dear FlapsLondon,

Thank you for your positive feedback of our hotel. Im pleased to hear that you had a good stay with us with your family and that our staff looked after you, Its what we stake pride in.

I hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 7 June 2018

I must admit, I was a little annoyed when arriving at the Holiday Inn Maidenhead, and seeing signs all over the car park with extremely high car parking charges. Having had to pay for parking at a hotel the night before, which was new one on me, it's fair to say I was a little aggrieved. So much so I was a little bit snarky with the very nice lady on the reception, who quickly assured me that guests stayed free and sure enough had I read the signs correctly this was the case. Completely my mistake, but felt bad for it since, The long travelling hours got the better of me and my apologies if it came across.

Now that's out of the way, I can honestly say on behalf of myself, wife and two daughters, that we would be hard pushed to find a better hotel experience.

We purchased the room through a combination offer with Legoland tickets and we were not disappointed. If you are visiting legoland and don't want to pay the inflated room prices at the Legoland resorts hotel, I couldnt recommend the Holiday inn maidenhead more highly. It's a mere 20-25 minutes from Legoland itself and I honestly think my kids got more out of it then staying in a themed room.

My Daughters aged 7 and 4, were immediately greeted with a fun pack and we were instantly made to feel welcome. They even got a voucher for milk and cookies at bed time which was a nice touch.

The room was spacious and clean, and the bed's were some of the most comfortable we have experienced. So much so, my wife now wants a similar mattress.

The facilities which are included in the room, which include, Free Wifi, swimming pool,gym,sauna,steam room, as well. The kids had a great time in the swimming pool, which provided towels upon entry, There was also a dedicated section for kids to play games etc which was appreciated.

As it was quite late when we arrived we decided to have dinner in the hotel and the food was excellent-absolutely top notch. In addition the kids ate free with each full paying adult and the 3 courses they were provided were very generous portions which added further value for money, and our meal for 4 including an alcoholic drink, came to around £35 which was exceptionally reasonable.

The only slight blemish on the extremely positive experience, was after we finished our mains and our waitress was seconded to the bar area for what must of been an extremely busy time and only saw her flash past in and out with other meals for the rest of the night.Our plates were sat for 30-40 mins before I had to speak to the manager and also request the kids puddings. Unfortunately it took a further 15-20 mins or so before they arrived and within this time my 3 Year old was falling asleep at the table, so didnt get to enjoy her Ice cream or milk and cookies.My eldest however relished in the double portions and the manager came over and was more then apologetic, and offered us some drink vouchers which were greatly appreciated, but if I was to offer any feedback it would to perhaps have more waiting on staff, as it was obvious she was stretched.

The buffet breakfast, was absolutely fantastic , with a great variety of food choices including a variety or cereals, hot buffet, fruit, pancakes and much more attentive service then the night before.

To be honest we were all pretty sad to leave, despite the minor slip up in the restaurant, overall it was a great stay, which I would highly recommend. This was rounded off upon leaving when the kids were presented with another treat being a goody bag which included a muffin,raisins and crayons and colouring from memory. It's the little touches like this along with the facilities and extremely friendly staff that made all the difference.

Rest assured if we are in the area again, (and the way, the girls have harped on about LEGOLAND, probably wont be in the all to distant future) this will be our first port of call for a room.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank TheDoctor22uk
Georgina V, Front office Team at Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear TheDoctor22uk,

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. Im pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us with your family, its great to receive positive feedback.

Reading your comments about the restaurant i do apologize for this will mention this to our Food and Beverage Manager and see what we can do to improve our scores for the future.

I hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

kind regards,