“Perfect stay!”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Maidenhead
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect stay!”
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for my partners birthday in November. Very nice hotel, lovely staff. It was extremely quiet as it was mid week but that was fine for us... Sauna and steam room was great (the pool was tiny as half was cut off- my partner explained in the summer it opens out. It is very beautiful to look at and must be amazing in the nice weather with all the lovely furniture in the gardens). The cocktails and food although quite pricey was gorgeous and the waiter was very attentive I'm sorry I didn't get his name to mention him. The poor man had to keep opening stiff doors so I could go out to smoke-I'm sure you will remember! He was very sweet about it. Overall a really wonderful stay!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank 1aliyah1
Fredrick's M, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear 1aliyah1

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay of Fredrick's. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and very much hope to see you again.

Robert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Not what you'd expect-so bad it was actually comical!
Advertised as a 2AA rosette restaurant- the food was dreadful. We were asked how we would like our veal cooked. All 4 were sent out well done although we'd asked for 2pink 2med. We sent them back and were given 4 more well done meals. The food was un interesting, pre cooked and re heated and dry.
Breakfast consisted of what looked like half eaten fruit and eggs that looked like they had been there for days.
The bar was advertised as lively. It was dark and dingy.
We would not recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lucy C
Fredrick's M, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Lucy C

May I firstly say how disappointed we are that your experience at Fredrick's was not as it should be and I will be discussing the issues with our kitchen team to get to the bottom of it. The restaurant cooks the veal fresh to order so there should have been no reason for it to be dry as you say.

I would very much like to discuss your concerns with you and would ask that if you let me know your contact details and when is suitable I will be in touch.

My sincere apologies that your time at Fredrick's has not matched your expectations and I look forward to speaking to you.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

There is only one word to describe Fredrick's. Average! However if you are a fan of faulty towers you will love it!!! Dinner was a comical affair and disappointing that is all I can say. But don't worry breakfast is fine if you were staying at a travel lodge. Self service and little choice. Not Great. Tea was good though :)

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Mickjones007

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review of Fredrick's. I would very much like to discuss your concerns further with you to enable me to get to the bottom of it and as such if you could send me your contact details I will call you at a suitable time.

My sincere apologies that on this occasion Fredrick's has not delivered the service we strive to.

bedfordshire
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a travelzoo deal on 28/29 Dec for my birthday. Was upgraded to the Presidents Suite on arrival. Check in was quick & easy and we were shown to our suite by the receptionist. A lovely personal touch. Room was huge and well decorated. Spa is small, but perfectly sized for the hotel. Plenty of loungers. Swimming outside in a heated pool in December was fantastic. 5 course taster menu at dinner - food was superb. The chef must be commended. Both maître d's were polite and attentive without being intrusive. Drinks are expensive (£65 for bottle of champagne) but this is in line with all 4 star hotels so close to London & Windsor. Highly recommend a visit to this little gem. We will be back!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Fredrick's M, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear labramad

Thank you for taking the time out to write your lovely review of your recent stay with us. I am very happy that you had a pleasurable stay with us and very much hope to look forward to welcoming you back.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Excellent, excellent, excellent. What a brilliant weekend. From the start when we were shown to our room till we checked out, the service was first class. The spa was small but everything you wanted was there and the atomsphere and quietness was just right and with lots of loungers to relax on. I had a facial, which was the best I had every had and the treatment left me feeling very relaxed. We had the 5 course tasting menu which was excellent and the wine that the waiter recommended was also excellent. Breakfast was just as good with meals cooked to order.
Only critism was that the bed mattress was too bouncy and the bedroom mirror too high to see in when sitting down at the table.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear liz e

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us at Fredrick's. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the treatment you received was so good. We do hope to see you back at Fredrick's soon.

Bucks
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Have just returned from an overnight Travelzoo break at Fredricks, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Excellent friendly staff in all areas, very warm and welcoming. Delicious food,(we had the 5 course tasting menu), lovely spa facilities, especially the indoor/outdoor pool. Very high quality fixtures and fittings throughout. All in all an excellent package at a very reasonable price. Delicious breakfast, good selection both hot & cold, and although very busy as a result of being full and everyone coming to breakfast at the same time, the staff coped admirably, including laying up tables with fresh linen tablecloths etc in the bar area to accomodate the extra numbers, and avoid people waiting. Full marks for that ! We will definitely be returning to Fredricks.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room close to the spa.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Fredrick's M, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear johnsterlingbucks

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review of your recent stay with us at Fredrick's. I am delighted that you had a good stay and that the slight issue with breakfast did not have an adverse affect. When all the guests come down to breakfast at the same time it can really test the resolve of the team and it was great to hear they dealt with it so admirably.

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013

having stayed in lots of the more top end hotels in and around the area, this was a real find! Althought it has a kinda weird sort of old fashioned vibe, it somehow works and the room was great, complete with small veranda. The pool is brilliant, and swimming in a warm outdoor pool on a cold night is always great. The restaurant is delightful with superb food- another real treat. The staff are lovely and really helpful... definately be revisiting!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Battie1
Dear Battie1

Many thanks for your very nice review of your recent stay with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Robert
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidenhead
Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor
The Thames Hotel
#7 of 11 in Maidenhead
Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa
Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa

Been to Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa? Share your experiences!