I stayed here for two nights, the night before, and the night of my wedding. On the night before, we checked in and I was shown to my room, it was quite a big room but there was so much in it that it seemed quite small. The bathroom was nice and it was a comfortable nights sleep.
Breakfast was basic compared to what I was expecting, the breakfast room was quite small so getting to the buffet food was a little awkward with everyone walking around and there wasn't a great range on offer.
I had let the management know that I and my bridesmaids and the Mums would be getting our hair and makeup done at the hotel in the morning, they said that it wasn't a problem but they couldn't offer a larger room for us all to fit in. Because there was no way on earth that 7 of us would fit in my single room, we all squeezed into my parents double room which wasn't too much bigger. Our photographer, however, was allowed into the honeymoon suite to take some photos in the morning. The staff were very polite and the housekeeping and reception staff were very complimentary when I was leaving the hotel in my wedding dress.
We stayed in the honeymoon suite that evening and it was much bigger, plenty of room to move around and the bed was very big and comfortable.
The shower in our room wasn't working, it didn't switch on at all so they said that we could use an adjacent room to shower in. It wasn't ideal and was annoying to wake up to considering how much we had paid for the rooms and it was our first morning as husband and wife. The reception staff did apologise.
I'm not sure that the hotel was value for money. The staff were accomodating but considering how much business we had given them for the wedding party to stay over I would have expected so.
There wasn't anything special for us that would have been a nice touch, some champagne in the honeymoon suite for example, or a congratulations card? Considering we had spent £190 for that night alone, I don't think it was worth the money compared to other hotels we have stayed in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lovely Edwardian building with it's own private gardens and swimming pool. Ample free car parking and great road access to the M4, M40 AND M404. Heathrow less than half an hour away and London also. Great location for Ascot, Kempton, Sandown, Windsor, Newbury and Lingfield racecourses. Close to Henley, Kingston Upon Thames,Windsor and for all major visitor attractions around The Central Thames Valley. 2 AA Rosetted Restaurant, Large Function Room and Spa Facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fredrick`s Hotel Restaurant Maidenhead
- Fredricks Hotel Maidenhead
- Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa Maidenhead, Berkshire