My partner and our 2 year old were staying here for a wedding based at Lillibrooke Manor nearby. We arrived very early on check in day (11am) and the concierge kindly gave us a room that hadn't been used the day before so we at least had somewhere to change to get ready as the wedding was at 1.30pm. My in-laws room wasn't ready so they got changed with us. We requested a cot which was in our room really quickly.
We requested a tea and coffee tray as it wasn't in the room. Prior to arrival at the hotel I rang and asked whether they provided a babysitting service and was advised they didn't, but in the hotel literature it said they did. I found that quite confusing as I had to arrange sitting through an agency for the evening do.
My inlaws were given a room key for the Ascot Suite by mistake and my mother in law and I moved their bags upstairs into a room already occupied! We obviously stopped and went back to reception and changed the key. They luckily got a king sized bed in their room whilst we only had a double (my partner and I are very tall!) but we got an early check in...so fair enough!
The next morning the breakfast was lovely, and the staff in the restaurant/bar area were fantastic and brought a high chair for our toddler and also heated up food on request.
We had looked forward to a swim in the spa and our 2 year old was really excited about it. We shuffled down and was advised that under 18's weren't allowed in the spa and that we should have been told at Reception. We hadn't been. Our 2 year old was devastated that he couldn't swim. Luckily the grandparents stepped in and watched him so we could get a swim. Some of the things weren't working in the spa, but it was still pleasant.
Summary: Some of the things were not smooth, and the details were not taken care of. It felt a but out of sync, but was a pleasant place to stay and the staff were very responsive and courteous. I would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lovely Edwardian building with it's own private gardens and swimming pool. Ample free car parking and great road access to the M4, M40 AND M404. Heathrow less than half an hour away and London also. Great location for Ascot, Kempton, Sandown, Windsor, Newbury and Lingfield racecourses. Close to Henley, Kingston Upon Thames,Windsor and for all major visitor attractions around The Central Thames Valley. 2 AA Rosetted Restaurant, Large Function Room and Spa Facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fredrick`s Hotel Restaurant Maidenhead
- Fredricks Hotel Maidenhead
- Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa Maidenhead, Berkshire