I stayed at Fredrick's the night before and the night of my wedding due to the Holiday Inn not being able to honour our booking (another long story...). The hotel is clean, nicely furnished, with in the main lovely staff (with the exception of one impolite lady at reception!). We especially appreciate the patience of the night barman who had to deal with our exuberant party well into the evening. We had breakfast in the hotel one morning and that was of a good quality and quantity! Standard rooms were of a good size (we had a large party staying) and were well furnished and clean.
I have only 2 issues with the hotel. 1. We were meant to be put in a suite equivalent to the holiday inn's bridal suite. We were allocated the Balmoral Suite. Whilst being a lovely room with its own terrace area it could in no way be described as a suite: there was no separate seating area, the bathroom was basic and in need of refurbishment (dated plaster work, shower over bath, dirty toilet, aging robes/slippers) which was a bit of a disappointment for our wedding night! 2. Two days after our stay I noted that my card had been mistakenly overcharged for one extra room. To date I have made 5 separate phone calls to attempt to rectify this issue. Thus far I am still awaiting a refund, each member of staff I have spoken to has promised to solve this and has not. I asked to speak to the manager and have been told he is unavailable and there is nothing they can do. It is with a heavy heart that I leave this negative comment as our actual stay was more than adequate and this has marred what should have been a very positive, happy experience.
Overall: lovely hotel let down by poor service and slight misdescription of the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lovely Edwardian building with it's own private gardens and swimming pool. Ample free car parking and great road access to the M4, M40 AND M404. Heathrow less than half an hour away and London also. Great location for Ascot, Kempton, Sandown, Windsor, Newbury and Lingfield racecourses. Close to Henley, Kingston Upon Thames,Windsor and for all major visitor attractions around The Central Thames Valley. 2 AA Rosetted Restaurant, Large Function Room and Spa Facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fredrick`s Hotel Restaurant Maidenhead
- Fredricks Hotel Maidenhead
- Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa Maidenhead, Berkshire