“Very professional”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Maidenhead
Burnham, United Kingdom
“Very professional”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I ran a conference here so do not have experience of the rooms but the conference room, the snacks provided and the service which was all excellent. Staff could not have been more attentive or responsive

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Jeremy d, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear SueSpencerKnight,

Thank you for your very kind review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and I hope to see you back again soon.

Thank you for your very warm praise regarding The Team here at Fredrick's.

Regards,

Jeremy.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I didn't expect much during my short stay at Frederick's. Unfortunately, the service fell well below even my expectations.

While making reservations, the hotel had informed that they would charge a half day for the 3 pm checkout which was desired, but while checking in, they informed that they would charge the full day.

I arrived at the hotel after a long flight, and asked the front desk if they had room service. However, after I washed and changed, and tried reaching both the front desk and room service to no avail. In fact, I couldn't even reach the operator by using my cell and the external line. I was too tired to go to the restaurant so had a protein bar and went to bed.

The next day, I returned from business and went for a shower before leaving for another long flight. There were no do not disturb signs, or door latches which could be closed from the inside. The housekeepers entered the room despite me calling out and they propped and left the door wide open. I basically had to kick them out while in my towel.

On checking out, I told the reception that I was unable to reach them, and was told they couldn't figure out something with the phones without apology.

I won't be returning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank vmpublic
Dear vm public,

I am very sorry to read your words and the disappointment that you felt following your stay with us.

I understand that there were some issues locally now with the telephone lines, which no businesses were aware of, but I am naturally very sorry that you endured this.

I am at a loss as to your comments regarding the housekeepers, they are usually very discreet and we have do not disturb signs inside every door?!

I am sure that we are better than a 1 star experience and I am genuinely sorry that you feel this way about Fredrick's.

Regards,

Broadstairs, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed here after booking through Secret Escapes for a 2 night mid week spa break in April. The whole experience was excellent, including the room (Balmoral Suite), spa treatments, restaurant (superb food), and professional and helpful staff. We will certainly be returning and would highly recommend your hotel.

Room Tip: The Balmoral Suite is adjacent to the spa was very convenient. It was spacious, clean and very quie...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PSL174
PSL 174,

Thank you very much for your kind words and review, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and hope to see you back again soon.

My kindest regards,

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Had a wonderful relaxing weekend in April, staff very friendly and extremely helpful, excellent food in the restaurant, spa facilities great - came home feeling relaxed and refreshed. Would definitely go back

Room Tip: We stayed in room 105 on the ground floor which was ideally situated between the spa and reception
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Lesley M,
Thank you very much for your kind words.
It means a lot to us all that you have taken the time to let everyone know how much that you have enjoyed yourself at Fredrick's!

My kindest regards,

Jeremy
Worcester
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night so we could visit the Hinds Head Inn in Bray. On a recommendation we stayed at Fredricks. First thing is that I cannot comment on the Spa facilities. They seemed very nice but we didn't really have chance to use them. Good points: Hotel is incredibly easy to find and well placed for the train station and the surrounding area, there's plenty of car parking and very friendly staff, the reception and dining areas are very well presented and the bed was very nice and comfy.

A couple of disappointing points were that the room itself was looking a little dated and looked like it needed a bit of a refresh. Admittedly, there was a big stonking flatscreen TV in the room which was great but no sign of any tea or coffee facilities. For amusement value, a mini-bar price list had been left in the room but when we went to take a look at the bar itself it was not only empty but missing completely! - an empty cupboard where the bar should be. The shower curtain needed a bit of TLC as the rail was coming apart and the shower curtain kept getting jammed - not really a complaint issue but just something that detracted from the rest of the general niceness of the bathroom.

On a final note, I found the prices in the bar a little frightening and almost actually slightly more expensive than the exclusive restaurant we visited elsewhere that evening. Given that the beer was not that special and a little flat, this was a little disappointing.

Overall though, we had a pleasant night but I'd not necessarily commit to rushing back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeremy d, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear cjpants,

Thank you for your review, we have checked out the issue with your shower rail and as you stated, there are a couple of mini bars that we are currently replacing.

I am delighted that you enjoyed everything else about the hotel and hope that you will come and try another room when visiting the area,

Kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here through Secret Escapes offer on 26th April for 1 night. Had a very pleasant experience. We had Spa treatments which were fantastic. We also had a 5 course tasting menu which was delicious and lovely breakfast in the morning.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear 4Chrissy8,

Thank you for your kind review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and I hope to see you back again soon.

Kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is one of the best Spa hotel I have ever been too. To give you some background I am a young professional who has visited with family, friends and with my partner. I have been to Fredrick's 5 times in 3 years. I go on about 3/4 Spa breaks a year and I like to try new places but I also do come back to Fredricks for a visit.

I have stayed in 3 different types of rooms, all very different but all lovely with great bathrooms, good beds and amenities. If I go with my friends we usually stay by the Spa but my partner and I have had a suite on a few occasions.

Check in is always lovely, the staff are very polite and always helpful. On my last visit the bill was completely wrong and it took quite some time to sort out as they added treatments and food which I never had.

The food here is absolutely fabulous and I have never had any complaints, it's always at a very high standard. The service is great, your not rushed and your not left waiting. Most of the time we have a bottle of prosecco at the bar before dinner and baileys after.

The spa area is fantastic, the pool is heated and also goes outside. I have been lucky enough to go in good weather and been able to sunbath outside. The treatments here are excellent a special thank you to Annalisa who is very experienced and really knows what she's doing she even convinced me to change my products at home. A BIG THANK YOU.

Another great thing about the spa is they allow you to have drinks by the pool, they also offer a great lunch service so you don't need to leave and go to the restaurant.

I always give Fredricks great reviews but in Feb I booked a Spa break for me and 6 of my friends for March 17th(Monday). Booking in treatments was a nightmare and I was told we couldn't come until 3pm so it was impossible for all of us to have our prepaid treatments. I explained I have been 5 times before and I always arrive around 11am but I found them so unhelpful I actually cancelled my stay.

Since I started going to Fredricks management has changed but it changed about 18 months ago. I never noticed a change until Feb when I had to cancel the trip. It was a shame as I raved to my friends about it and we ended up at Saville Court in Windsor.

I'm hoping they do let people use the Spa from 3pm going forwards otherwise I unfortunately won't go. I still recommend Fredricks and a lot of my friends and family have been.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear EmmaLynnPerry,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that you felt that you had to cancel your Spa visit and stay and I have spoken to the team regarding all of this.

We would normally try to fit everyone in our area and as we have 37 residential bedrooms, it can sometimes become a wee bit of a challenge.

I am sure that this was a one off, especially as it was also a Monday and I would ask you to contact me personally in the future, so I can make sure that your booking is taken care of without any further fuss.

Many thanks.

Jeremy du Plessis.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidenhead
Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor
Hurley House Hotel
Hurley House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hurley
Travelodge Maidenhead Central Hotel

Been to Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa? Share your experiences!