“A perfect wedding setting”

Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Maidenhead
Maidenhead
“A perfect wedding setting”
Reviewed 28 June 2009

We were lucky enough to have our wedding here and chose it purely for one reason - customer service. Having worked in the hospitality trade in Maidenhead and surrounding areas for fifteen years, I was a little daunted going there, in my mind Fredricks, has always been the best hotel in Maidenhead, second only to Cliveden at nearby Taplow. Every other venue we went too told us what they could offer for our wedding as if it was from a catalogue, whereas Marsha at Fredricks asked us what we wanted which was ideal as we had a slightly different idea of what we wanted.
We both have used the spa facilities previously and both found them to be excellent with Pamela a very welcoming host and al staff very proffessional and couteous. With regard to previous comments about the decor of the hotel, it may not be current and up to date, but it is refined and peaceful and this shows throughout, and stays true to the history of the hotel and the family that previously owned it.
The day prior to the wedding my wife and two friends spent the day at the spa and had an amazing time, leaving them all relaxed and ready for the big day. High praise indeed for three women to be happy. The big day itself was incredible, we held a msall service and luncheon and nothing was a problem for any of the guests or myself and my wife. The staff made us feel as though we were the most important people in the hotel that day, and an incredible effort made with the children, (the wedding coordinator took my brothers young son outside during the ceremony allowing him to be present! class!!) Other highlights for the children involved two of the bridesmaids telling the waitress that they didnt like melon as a starter and only liked the strawberries, five minutes later the waitress returned with a big bowl of strawberries for them. Again a lovely touch. The hotel provided a red carpet, and flowers but the best detail was the toastmaster, who again was incredible, a real asset to the smooth running and organisation of the day without ever taking the limelight. Many thanks Mr Warwick!
My new wife and i spent the evening together in the restaurant and had a truely memorable meal, everything was superb, again, having been in the trade i can normally find fault with most places but i just couldnt. The level of cooking was superb and the teaming and blance of ingredients was incredible. We topped this wonderful meal by having a cheese board on the patio ovelooking the adjacent golf course as the sun set.
Overall we couldnt have asked for more, the service and staff were first rate as were the staff and service in the spa. Our only complaint was that we had to leave the next to go to the Maldives but felt so comfortable and relaxed in the hotel we did not want to leave!!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Reviewed 28 June 2009

If you're looking to get away from London for a few days or are looking for a hotel close to Heathrow this is the answer. As you arrive, from the outside, you could almost be disappointed by what looks like a large modern house on a normal street. However, go inside and you really are transported into a competely different world where it's hard to believe that you're even in Maidenhead!

The rooms and bathrooms are large and have everything you could possibly want from a touser press, to a flat screen tv and fruit and most importantly all of the finishing touches that are so often left out are effortlessly there.

There was a wide range of food for breakfast all of which was very good. However, what really sets this hotel apart from most other 5* hotels I have stayed in is the exceptional level of service. Nothing is too much trouble and staff are attentive without being intrusive. They were even accomodating when we asked whether we could check out late.

We had lunch in the stunning gardens which was once again very good if not slightly over priced. Unfortunately we didn't have time to go in the spa but will definitely be retuning to try it out next time.

Fantastic value, especially when compared to other hotels in the area. You will definitely return feeling well looked after!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,028 helpful votes
Reviewed 26 June 2009

A very luxurious and impressive hotel. The glass of champagne on arrival is a nice touch. All marble and high quality decor. The service was impeccable without exception. Has a lovely spa with nice pool that allows you to swim indoors or outdoors. The hotel seems to rely heavily on corporate business and our relaxation by the pool was marred somewhat by the "team building" that was being done by one of their conferences who chose to team build right by us. The menu for dinner was on display and also available in the room, on inspection we decided it was too expensive and decided to eat elsewhere so can not comment on the standard of food. However, breakfast was lovely and very good quality and again perfect service.

The room itself was standard hotel size, despite being an executive it did not appear to have anything executive about it. The furniture and bathroom were of very good quality and standard. The bed was small queen size I think definitely not king size, the mattress was so soft that it went almost flat when one sat on it and we kept rolling together during the night. Consequently we spent an uncomfortable "sleep" perched on the edge of the bed. A couple of maintenance issues in the room too the hot water tap on the sink needed to be turned off using a damp wash cloth as it was too tight to move with a bare hand. Also the sink drained very slowly. In summary a really nice hotel but unless they have bigger beds with firmer mattresses we would not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Sea98
Reviewed 11 June 2009

Went to Fedricks for an overnight spa break. Chose it as it was near London and had last minute availabilty for spa treatments. Have to say this worried us slightly but our fears were unfounded. The Taste of Fedricks deal was really good value and the service was excellent - nothing was too much trouble, even early Sunday morning tea. Rooms well appointed with robes, slippers and lots of treats. The spa was very relaxing and enjoyed the food in the restaurant. Only downside is the location - on a main road and not a great deal worthing exploring nearby on foot. But would definitely go again for a spa getaway.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
London, UK
Reviewed 8 May 2009

I've had the opportunity/need to stay at Fredrick's a few times now, but hadn't got round to writing a review until now !

Firstly, the hotel itself has it's own private car park which is incredibly useful, and upon entering the actual hotel itself there is a large amount of dark wood which can make the place feel a bit dark, but if you stick with it I can assure you that you will be most pleasantly surprised in all other areas !

I know I'm not going to pay much attention to the rooms themselves in this review - but that's not to say they aren't to a very high standard. During my stays I've found them to be very comfortable, clean and without fault and also service in all areas is exceptionally attentive, however as you will be able to be surmiss by reading further, food is my thing ... !

A special mention should go to the restaurant which I think is an absolute gem - The Fat Duck is close by, and personally I feel Fredrick's restaurant is also up to Michelin starred standard. The dishes I've had from there have surpassed dishes I've had at the Claridges hands down - the halibut I had recently was sublime and a starter with pea shoots was AMAZING - I've been looking for pea shoots now everywhere ! If they happen to still do a beef dish with oxtail pearl barley risotto - well my advice would be to simply order two dishes ! ...

Oh and did I mention they do their own fresh garlic bread ? ... You get the idea !

In summary, for the price bracket this hotel is amazing - I've stayed at other places in the same price brackets and have experienced problems with TVs, no robes etc. - NONE of which I experienced at Fredricks - and as I mentioned - the food is just out of this world and I would not hesitate in thoroughly recommending this place to anyone needing to stay in the aresa.

I'd also like to say a very special thank you to Lydia for taking care of us and for making those fantastic virgin apple mojitoes !

3 Thank thenewchosenone
Reviewed 22 April 2009

They turn on the charm from the moment of arrival (offered glass of Champers or wine). We were kindly shown to our room (shame they didn't explain the button for the hairdryer was by the front door - we had to call maintenance as we though it was broken and even the lady who came learnt were the button was!) where there were chocolates, fresh fruit and water as complimentary.
The room is a little old fashioned, but we liked that about it. We'd only ask for improved soundproofing between rooms and that the curtains have blackout-linings installed (we woke with the birds!).
Breakfast was lovely, the ladies serving were attentive and very sweet.

But the SPA.... that's why we'd return. As it was quiet we truely felt like we were in our own posh hotel with our own spa and staff - an indulgent dream but heaven never the less.
The gadgets and gizmos of the spa are lots of fun - my husband especially loved the rainforest shower post time in the Sauna, and I loved the waterfall over the pool and the wall jets.
The weather was lovely, the loungers inside and out and towels and robes make things even more cosy. The treatments were good and staff attentive and helpful.
All in all, we loved our time here and it made for a lovely weekend. (we did get it on a deal, which also added to the positives!)

Reviewed 15 April 2009

My partner and myself stayed at Fredricks for a couple of nights over the Easter holidays, it was a last minute thing, and I was a bit worried due to the fact we had no trouble reserving a room so late.........However, I have stayed in a good number of hotel spas both in England and abroad and I can honestly say I enjoyed every moment. The staff were absolutely fab, right from the cleaning staff to waiting people and reception. We only booked a standard room, and this was more than adequate for our needs. The food in the restaurant was lovely, and the swimming pool and all its facilities were great. The pictures on their website really do not do the spa and swimming pool justice. All in all I would not hesitate recommending Fredricks to anyone.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidenhead
Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor
Hurley House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hurley
Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa
Travelodge Maidenhead Central Hotel

Been to Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa? Share your experiences!