“Relaxing Sunday lunch”

Java & Co
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Casual Dining for every time of day......Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Teas, Supper, CateringPizza Slices, Jacket Potatoes, Soup of the day, artisan quiches, fine desserts
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Visited for the first time on a Sunday. There was a good choice of tasty light bites for lunch, the staff were as usual, friendly and polite. The added bonus on this visit was live music from local musician Danny Reuben playing some very mellow sounds on his saxophone. This was a pleasant way to enjoy your lunch and seemed to be well appreciated. This is something you don't get in the major coffee shop chains and is worth encouraging. Still the best coffee and atmosphere in town.

Andrew B, Owner at Java & Co, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

I'm really please you enjoyed the food and entertainment. I will pass you comments on to Danny who I know will appreciate them. We will have more music afternoons next year as well as the response has been great.

Andrew

Reviewed 6 December 2012

I really do not understand where these couple of complaints are coming from. I visit the Java coffee shop every weekend and usually once or twice a week as well and have always found the staff to be extremely friendly, helpful and courteous. They serve you efficiently and I have yet to experience any problem with my order or the clearing of the tables. In fact quite the opposite as there always seem to be plenty of staff on duty to make the drinks/food and to clear tables, which they always wipe down afterwards. This coffee shop is in an excellent location, with comfy seats, newspapers to read and good quality coffee at reasonable prices. Really, nothing to complain about at all. I can greatly recommend the bacon rolls, which are at present on offer if purchased before 11am. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting a drink or lunch in Maidenhead, give it a try.

Thank you for taking the time to review us, thanks for your kind words, we all try very hard every day to be the best in town and its especially good that our many regular customers who see us in action often recognise this.

Andrew

Reviewed 1 December 2012

What has gone wrong at JAVA, used to love calling in a few times each week for the best coffee and light bites served in Maidenhead Town. Not so anymore, during recent weeks each time I have called in, the tables have not been cleared, not good to see dirty cups, plates and left over food on entry. The surface area where the cutlery, napkins and sugar are stored for customer self service is also full of dirty crockery (placed there by customers clearing a table to sit at) and as a result, the surface area is not being wiped down by the staff and is always tacky. The staff do not seem to be cleaning down the grill hot plate surface enough times in the day and black carbonised particles are stuck to my food order.

My normal visits were around three times each week. Recently due to JAVA's decline, I have been calling in only once a week, hoping to note some improvement. Unfortunately, nothing seems to have improved. Other than they have employed a Male Staff member to make up food orders.

JAVA, you still have the best coffee in Maidenhead Town, but things are going down hill. Please get back to your past standard of service.

Andrew B, Owner at Java & Co, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Thanks for taking the time to let me know what you think, its really important that I get feedback as soon as possible so that I can take action. Your points have been noted.
Its great to know that we still have the best coffee in Maidenhead.

Reviewed 1 December 2012

I loved this place when it first opened. It has a nice atmosphere and the food is really good.

But in recent months, i really have noticed how it has gone downhill. The staff are always rude and unfriendly. I had my receipt thrown at me and had to guess whether the coffee sat on the counter was mine. Oh and don't worry, I'll collect my own plate of food then shall i, as you are too busy with your bad attitude. And as i sat and drank my badly made coffee, i watched how the staff threw the receipts and avoided eye contact with everyone. They definitely are not enjoying their jobs and they don't care who knows it.

I asked a few friends what their experiences were and they had almost the word for word same opinions of the place. The staff scowl and look completely annoyed to be there. If you want a relaxed coffee bar with a warm reception, I would look elsewhere.

Shame as with the right smiley, happy staff this place could be a real winner. I wanted to complain to the supervisor but upon finding out that one of the miserable people behind the counter WAS the supervisor, I didn't really see the point. So I'll let you all know here instead.

Andrew B, Owner at Java & Co, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Thank you for your comments, as a independent business it is vital that when people are unhappy with our service that we find out. Your experience is the opposite of that we strive to deliver so I an very disappointed with your comments. It seems that the team leader on duty that day was not doing their job effectively for whatever reason hence your experience.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I'm a regular visitor to Java & Co. Maidenhead.Why/ Because it stands out amongst the other well known 'chain' coffee shops, because the coffee is better, the service is quicker, the atmosphere is welcoming and the staff are always friendly, helpful and cheerful. The food is always good. So what if the cakes are bought in? They are delicious! Anywhere else is a poor second.

1  Thank KenMaideheadUK