“Amazing”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Loved it absolutely fabulous - it is our heritage. The restoration work following the fire is excellent everybody who had a share in this should be very proud.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We had a family meal here and I had ordered the fish and chips and wow am I glad I was hungry!
Outstanding fresh fish, beautiful non greasy light batter and big enough to feed two.
But as I say I was hungry so I managed to eat it pretty much on my own, although there was a lot of food envy at the table and my family all tried a little bit......I think we will have to call ahead and warn them that we want fish and chips X6 next time!
Fabulous night, great service and amazing value. Definitely going back!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Friends of ours live near here and we thought we would give it a try on Sunday. We arrived at about 3pm and the barmaid told us if we wanted to order food we had to do so asap - as they were just closing the kitchen. That was fine and we order straight away and sat down with our drinks. What the barmaid had failed to mention though was that the pub was closing! No sooner had our food been put down but we were informed the pub would be closing in 15mins!!! Not exactly the nice leisurely lunch we were looking forward to. If the barmaid had told us the pub was closing we would never have ordered food. Needless to say we ate our food as quickly as possible (I had to leave half of mine) and left - so at just shy of £30 it was the most expensive 30 minutes I have ever spent in a pub.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Go to the place fairly regularly, its a lovely pub and usually very busy. Was refurbed a while back and very nice inside. The fish and chips and real ale are lovely.

What is letting is down though is the menu is constantly the same, the main menu hasnt changed in well over 2 years and the 'specials' menu was the same all summer (over 5 months!). WIndsor Castle please, please update the menu every once in a while.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Been here many times with work colleagues for a pub lunch and it’s perfect for that. Friendly and speedy service and reasonably priced food and drink that suits all. You can’t go wrong with the beef burger!

1  Thank willsayer