“2 hours later, still waiting and we have already paid!!!! Delivery poor wont give us a refund”
Review of Ocean Village - CLOSED

Ocean Village
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We ordered at 6.20pm its now 8.20pm. Have paid unfortunately online. Have phoned 5/6 times and always on its way. If they didn't have our money I would tell them to get lost. husband phoning now to ask for refund again. DON'T USE THE DELIVERY SERVICE ITS TERRIBLE. Lemon Grass much much better. Aaargh
Okay food came at 20.31. All the boxes had leaked, we paid £54.00 for a banquet. It was a nightmare. Everything was the same colour (pooey brown), everything was cold. Husband still arguing after 15 minutes - we told him to take the food away and give us a refund within 5 minutes. The man is now arguing with us asking for a RECEIPT. THE MAN DIDN'T GIVE US ONE!!! HE CAME AFTER 2 HOURS DUMPED THE COLD FOOD WHICH HAD LEAKED WITH NO RECEIPT. DO NOT USE DO NOT USE!!!!!!! We are waiting for our refund. I can't believe we paid £54 for this. See pictures below.
I am 43 yrs old and have had many happy visits to Ocean Village over the years for birthdays etc. It was always the quality Indian in town. However, I wouldn't ever go there or order again. We only ordered tonight (we live by the Ruchi) as we had had a terrible day and wanted a treat for a few family members. I can't tell you how awful it was.
And to have to argue for a refund, we are still waiting for was unbelievable.
We popped down to the Ruchi and within 15 minutes of ordering, the lovely man was smiling as usual, and gave us a lovely bag full of yummy food beautifully prepared and packed with free popadums and dips.
The Ocean Village needs to stop offering delivery and return to quality food - they are failing on both counts. AND TO HAVE TO ARGUE!!!! WE TOLD THE MAN TO COME STRAIGHT HERE AND LOOK!!! AND THEN THE DRIVER NEVER GAVE US A RECEIPT FOR US TO GET A REFUND!!!! FFS. I hope they close down they are money grabbing horrors.
£54!!!!!! boo hoo

2  Thank Sarah H
There are newer reviews for Ocean Village

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I was looking for a takeaway meal and looking at the Ocean village wasn't too hopeful. Looks can be deceiving however, I had to wait a fair amount of time for the takeaway but his was because the food was being cooked form fresh ingredients. The menu contains some pretty unusual dishes and confounded by the choice I settled on lamb passanda which was really nice, the lamb was plenty full and succulent.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I have been using the Ocean Village for many years,and over that time it has had its "ups and downs". The food now is good and good value. The Wednesday and Sunday "All you can eat"buffets are great. The service can be slow but if you tell them you are in a hurry,it speeds things up.

1  Thank GonzalesBucksU_K_
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Very slow service even though there was only one other couple eating! Miserable waiter, Poor food - the worst curry that I have ever had in the UK!! I could cook better! Do not waste your time or money. How it is rated 75th out of one hundred restaurants in Maidenhead is hard to understand, maybe there are only 25 anyway!!

Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Ive knocked this place many a time but things have changed get yourselfs down here great food at last, well done you lot youve done this place proud, eat here now its great again.... Lovely food, magic, we will be back soon.... Ten

1  Thank elga_stroud