“Ok just”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
“Ok just”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I hope its got new owners now its a refurbish place it was a dog hole.. Will try it soon but it must be better, hope the rats have gone away lol

1 Thank elga_stroud

Phuket, Thailand
“Booked table only to find closed for refurb”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We booked this in early April for 10 people traveling from various parts of the country. Our table was booked for 7th May, that had our telephone number as well.
We all arrived only to find out that it was closed for refurb. They did not contact us to advise so there we were 10 people standing on the pavement hungry with nowhere to eat!!!!!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Linda A
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I dined here with my family for my husbands birthday. The staff were extremely friendly upon arrival, and the food tasted authentic and amazing. We didnt have dessert but the starters and all mains tasted delicious. we will difinately visiting again!! thank you for a lovely evening

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Hayley W
Maidenhead
“2 hours later, still waiting and we have already paid!!!! Delivery poor wont give us a refund”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We ordered at 6.20pm its now 8.20pm. Have paid unfortunately online. Have phoned 5/6 times and always on its way. If they didn't have our money I would tell them to get lost. husband phoning now to ask for refund again. DON'T USE THE DELIVERY SERVICE ITS TERRIBLE. Lemon Grass much much better. Aaargh
Okay food came at 20.31. All the boxes had leaked, we paid £54.00 for a banquet. It was a nightmare. Everything was the same colour (pooey brown), everything was cold. Husband still arguing after 15 minutes - we told him to take the food away and give us a refund within 5 minutes. The man is now arguing with us asking for a RECEIPT. THE MAN DIDN'T GIVE US ONE!!! HE CAME AFTER 2 HOURS DUMPED THE COLD FOOD WHICH HAD LEAKED WITH NO RECEIPT. DO NOT USE DO NOT USE!!!!!!! We are waiting for our refund. I can't believe we paid £54 for this. See pictures below.
I am 43 yrs old and have had many happy visits to Ocean Village over the years for birthdays etc. It was always the quality Indian in town. However, I wouldn't ever go there or order again. We only ordered tonight (we live by the Ruchi) as we had had a terrible day and wanted a treat for a few family members. I can't tell you how awful it was.
And to have to argue for a refund, we are still waiting for was unbelievable.
We popped down to the Ruchi and within 15 minutes of ordering, the lovely man was smiling as usual, and gave us a lovely bag full of yummy food beautifully prepared and packed with free popadums and dips.
The Ocean Village needs to stop offering delivery and return to quality food - they are failing on both counts. AND TO HAVE TO ARGUE!!!! WE TOLD THE MAN TO COME STRAIGHT HERE AND LOOK!!! AND THEN THE DRIVER NEVER GAVE US A RECEIPT FOR US TO GET A REFUND!!!! FFS. I hope they close down they are money grabbing horrors.
£54!!!!!! boo hoo

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Sarah H
Canton of Zug, Switzerland
“Unexpectedly good”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I was looking for a takeaway meal and looking at the Ocean village wasn't too hopeful. Looks can be deceiving however, I had to wait a fair amount of time for the takeaway but his was because the food was being cooked form fresh ingredients. The menu contains some pretty unusual dishes and confounded by the choice I settled on lamb passanda which was really nice, the lamb was plenty full and succulent.

• Visited January 2014