“Eating at The Hand”

Ranked #23 of 157 Restaurants in Maidenhead
Price range: US$7 - US$27
Cuisines: European, Pizza, British, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Hand and Flowers is where you go regardless if you want a well conditioned ale, great wine or fantastic home cooked pub food. The Hand and Flowers happens to make the best pizzas in town as well as all the usual pub classics. You wont find any TV screens in this little gem, just great food and drink and some classic music from the 60's to modern day.
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My all time favourite meal is risotto, I tried it here yesterday (mushroom/chicken), best I've ever tasted; the bonus was a pint of Brakspears bitter, excellent.

1  Thank Tonyspecialbutton

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Very welcoming place. Nice beers, tasty food!
Though Maidenhead is not a huge place to go out, hand and flowers is a nice location to spend the evening, even a Monday evening

1  Thank elleo-advisor
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Pleasant environment, good atmosphere. Food was just average. Fish and chips was small, chicken burgers were small and soggy with chicken juice. Chorizo pizza was overcooked bordering on burned. When asked if everything was okay, we could honestly say "yes". But "okay" was all it was.
I'd go here again for drinks but not to eat.

1  Thank brack909
Phil D, Owner at Hand and Flowers, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

I'm truly very sorry to hear about your 'ok' experience when dining at the Hand.
All I can do is apologise that you felt our food wasn't up to the standard that I know we serve on a daily basis.
Like allot of food operators up and down the country we try our very hardest to serve the best food we possibly can and thrive off feedback and learning from our mistakes. However, we are also forever banging our heads against a brick wall in frustration when customers sit in silence and don't speak to us on the evening if there are any issues of any kind. I don't understand why if your not entirely happy you would finish your meal and then pay for it? I know I wouldn't and I don't!
Therefore I cannot comment on your experience except to say I certainly wouldn't have charged you for the food if I had known and we would have done our best to put things right.
Maybe in future where ever you are, speak up and don't wait until you have paid and gone home to air your issues. You might be surprised how good customer service can be!

Please feel free to contact me for a complementary meal if you are ever down in the area again.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Nice surroundings and welcoming staff. Reasonably prices for quality bar food. Fee wifi. Only downside may be that it's not the largest place, but for a business traveler like myself I wouldn't be going anywhere else

1  Thank ShaunMac75
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This is a pub with superb beer, a very friendly welcome and a sensible menu
Even the music while unobtrusive is fitting to the ambiance
I will go there on a regular basis

1  Thank IGM743