“Don't waste time” 1 of 5 bubbles

Thai & Far Eastern Foods
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Fast food
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Popular cafe, inside the Thai Supermarket on the High Street. Freshly cooked original Thai Curry and Thai Noodles every day for lunch and dinner, plus satay, spring rolls and Pad Thai. Eat in or take away. Seating available inside and outside.
Reading, United Kingdom
“Don't waste time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

The staff here are not friendly and the lady I assume is in charge does not smile. Although they sell some nice stuff the food is not that great i wont be going there again and do not recommend this place to anyone.

Richard W, Owner at Thai & Far Eastern Foods, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for your comments. I am not exactly sure where we can improve here. Of course, we are 'Service with a Smile', so sorry we let you down on this occasion. The queues of people wanting to eat our food is our best signal of how good our food actually is. If you would be kind enough to discuss any issues you had on this occasion, we would love to hear from you. Have a great day and see you soon.

• Thai first
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Yummy Thai food stall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

I was in the area and thought of trying the food stall inside this Thai supermarket for the first time. The counter is at the back of the store with an inside seating area next to the supermarket racks. I ordered two vegetable Pad Thai and a vegetable spring roll. All came to just £10, and it was very filling. The rice noodles used in the dishes were thicker than those I have had at other Thai restaurants, but I found that this kind of rice noodle was also nice. I didn't spot that the day's menu that was on the wall next to the door until I was on my way out, otherwise I would have tried their noodle soup too which also looked really nice. Probably next time :)

• Visited February 2014
Berkshire
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I love this place!
It's great how the street food section has grown.. Much to popular demand.
My youngest son loves the thai curry and spring rolls and I love everything!
The shop is great, always get my produce here when trying to cook thai at home.
I hope they don't get too big and keep the fast food/street style.

Visited February 2014
Richard W, Owner at Thai & Far Eastern Foods, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review and for your valued custom. Your comments are much appreciated. Glad you and your son like the food and we appeal to all generations.
London
“Nice food as a snack, but the shop is becoming less good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

Nice snacks at decent prices, which is wonderful. However, the fresh ingredients part of the shop is starting to suffer. It's really hard to find the right range of fresh ingredients at the right time. Sometimes one item is available and not others. Sometimes the freshness leaves a lot to be desired. Food that's wrinkling, moulding or drying should be removed or put on special offer, not sold at premium prices.

In the restaurant, it would be good to see a little more generous use of the Thai vegetables and herbs.

Excellent to have this shop and restaurant locally, but I'm concerned that the quality of the shop is dropping quickly. Also, it's important to have staff who really understand the products. Some clearly don't, which isn't helpful.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Richard W, Owner at Thai & Far Eastern Foods, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you for your review. We are sorry we are not hitting your expectations at this time. During mid December to mid Jan we reduced the service due to staff holidays and a deep clean, stopping the hot food for 2 weeks. During this time, we deep cleaned the kitchen and shop, redecorated etc. the supply of fresh vegetables from Thailand was also cut back. We are now fully operational, up and running with all the fresh vegetables in the shop and a full set of hot food to try, with some new things to try as well.
See you again soon.
Thai Shop
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Very good Thai Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

I love this place and my 9 year old daughter makes me drive 20 miles to the shop on a weekend so she can get her noodle soup fix. I lived in Asia for a year and this is one of the only places to eat authentic Thai food and then stock up on provisions for my home cooked Asian Fayre. The service is great and I keep going back. There are more tables now but it does get busy at lunchtimes. The choice is normally red or green curry with rice, fried chicken and vegetables, pad thai, ka prow gai and the mandatory spring rolls. The prices are £ 4 - £6 a meal which does fill you up. They also stock the Thai energy drinks M150 and Whiteshark for all of you who remember these either on their own or with with Thai whisky. If you're expecting a restaurant then think again, if you're thinking food stall Thai Style then you're on the right track. Cheers AJ

• Visited January 2014