“Edwardian Delight”

Ranked #9 of 21 Maidenhead B&B and Inns
Amsterdam
“Edwardian Delight”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We recently spent a weekend at Pinkneys Court Mews. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
The room was great, service impeccable, breakfast the best we've had
David and Deb are great hosts, thank you both!
We'll be back.
Mr & Mrs C Kramer from The Netherlands

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Diane K
David J, Owner at Pinkneys Court Mews, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
It's always lovely having guests from overseas and it was an absolute pleasure having you to stay with us. We are very glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2014

A real gem! set in lovely green countryside and in a historic building, the welcome was prompt and warm, the room and facilities clean, smart and modern and the breakfast well cooked and filling.
David and his family will chat if you want to and not pester you if you don't.
Great value for money and much better than a chain hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert J
David J, Owner at Pinkneys Court Mews, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
So glad you enjoyed your stay Robert. We work hard to try and offer a more personal and relaxing alternative to the rather bland hotel chains. Hope to see you again soon.
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

A very warm welcome, the facilities were first class, I would recomend tis B&B to anyone. David and his family made me very welcome straight away and my room was excellent. The service I recieved was right up there with what I expected but not intrusive at all. Well done and I wish you the best for the future David and family. The pub at the end of the road stopped serving food at 16:00 ona Sunday so if you need to eat later a car journey to Maidenhead is a must.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Stephen P
David J, Owner at Pinkneys Court Mews, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Relaxing and enjoyable is exactly what we strive to offer and it's nice to hear that we have succeeded. Thanks very much for your kind wishes and for taking the time to write your review. Much appreciated, come back soon!
Havant, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

What a find! Just what we wanted for a brief weekend stay. David was such a super host - so welcoming and helpful. The bedroom - and the lounge where we were able to relax after a busy day - were just what the doctor ordered (!) and we will certainly be back in the Spring to carry on exploring the lovely surrounding areas. The Chessells from Hampshire.

Room Tip: Bedroom 2 was spacious, had a nice large bath (a must for my husband) and a lovely view of the back...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
David J, Owner at Pinkneys Court Mews, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
So glad you had an enjoyable stay. It would be lovely to see you again in the spring. Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review.
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

It was my lucky day!!! What a truly memorable experience staying at Pinkneys Court Mews for 2 nights. My late arrival at the last minute was no bother and David is a superb host giving a first class service going that extra mile, I had my car windows sprayed to de ice them before jumping in the car to attend my course in Marlow. Pinkney Green's best kept secret. Fantastic attention to detail tea, coffee, water, chocolate mints, biscuits hot towel rail with soft fluffy towels, TV, Wi fi, Hairdryer, hot shower etc... Beautiful and tasteful décor, spotlessly clean and a full English breakfast to boot. Excellent value for money. Surpassed expectations and I will be returning again for a shopping trip to Marlow next time.........

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
David J, Owner at Pinkneys Court Mews, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
It was an absolute pleasure having you to stay with us and I'm really pleased you enjoyed your visit. Hope to see you again for your shopping trip.
Bucks
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

David was a really natural and amicable host who was thoughtful and helpful but not in anyway intrusive. The mews is lovely and In a great setting right on the common with good pubs within walking distance-great place to stay if you want to avoid the (ahem) bustle of maidenhead or twee ness of marlow. Only reason i Removed one star from room rating was no mirror in the bedroom (just in bathroom) which meant hair straightening was done blind. However I appreciate that this only causes problems for those of us who have hair the consistency of barbed wire. Anyway, lovely B & B, good value and they deserve every success.

• Stayed November 2013
David J, Owner at Pinkneys Court Mews, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thanks very much for taking the time to write a review. I have taken on board your comment about the mirror and will add one as soon as possible. So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again sometime soon.
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I found Pinkneys Court Mews when struggling to find Marlow accommodation for a business trip and frankly I'm pleased that I did. Everything is just as described on their web site, furnishings, bed linen, toiletries, cleanliness - all first class. Although I had a prior arrangement which took me away for the evening the literature in the room gave many recommendations of places to eat and having previous experience of many of them I found the reviews informative and accurate, I would particularly be interested in trying the local pub (about 1 mile away) which David Joyce recommends as being not cheap but none the less excellent value. Breakfast was very good and I would have no hesitation in recommending this as an alternative to often over priced over populated chain hotels in the area. One word of caution, the place is extremely difficult to find even once you have located Lee Lane, I don't think it would have been quite so difficult had it not been dark and certainly don't let this put you off but do your homework before setting off, perhaps locating the property on Google Maps. All in all a great find and I will certainly go again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
David J, Owner at Pinkneys Court Mews, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thanks for choosing to stay with us and we are very pleased that you enjoyed yourself. Thanks for your extremely kind words. We are a bit difficult to find so I try and text everyone before they arrive and offer to help with directions if needed. Best wishes and looking forward to your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidenhead
Taplow House Hotel
Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa
Grovefield House
Grovefield House
#1 of 3 in Burnham

Been to Pinkneys Court Mews? Share your experiences!