“Lovely hotel, excellent location, wonderful stay!”

The Thames Riviera Hotel
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Maidenhead
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Have just returned from an overnight stay at the Thames Riviera Hotel and can't praise it enough. The room was spotless, bright and with an amazing view of the Thames. We had a wonderful meal and breakfast in the restaurant and found all the staff friendly and helpful. Our stay was also great value for money and we will definitely return for another visit. This hotel is perfectly situated for a Thames walk both upstream and down.

• Stayed: November 2012
Hayley B, Front Office Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

I would like to thank you for your review on Trip advisor,

It was lovely to read such positive comments regarding your recent stay as this is what we strive to achieve.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Thames Riviera hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed 17 November 2012

We stayed for two nights at the Thames Riveria, the room was really great and lovely comfortable bed. We had a large en suite bathroom with bath and shower it was spotless with nice fluffy towels. When we asked for more towels tey were brought to the room within minutes. The receptionist was very helpful and cheery. We had dinner one evening served by a lovely polish young lady who svservice and manner was first class. We had chicken livers which were delicious.
We were late arriving but they still served us which was really nice.
The bar and restaurant was very nice and agin great staff.
We shall definitely be returning to this super hotel set in a in picturesque setting.

Room Tip: Our room was 301 it was excellent but you could request another if you wanted view of the river.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Hayley B, Front Office Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Dear Valued Guest

I would like to thank you for your recent review on the Thames Riviera.

I was a pleasure to read such wonderful comments regarding the hotel and its staff, and can assure you that I have passed your comments onto my colleagues.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

We had stayed in the Heathrow Holiday Inn Express the previous night (Tuesday 30th October 2012)(express hotel - and thereby lived up to the nomenclature of 'express'; sadly) before a day in Legoland and, well, this hotel, The Thames Riviera Hotel, was an absolute gem of a place to find after such a long and worthwhile day around Legoland, Windsor.

It looked good from the outside, in fact it looked very plush, and did not disappoint on the inside. It was clean. bright, well laid out and comfortable..and warm!

We were welcomed late on the night of Wednesday 30th October 2012 and delivered a fantastic late meal in our room when requested - all good stuff.

The room in which we were accommodated overlooked the river Thames (which was in spate at the time, and looked wonderful) and the view in the morning was mesmerizing. Canada Geese and ducks of different varieties enjoyed the peaceful water by the adjacent quayside - they even enjoyed the surplus breakfast bits provided by us!!

A rest night here before a day of Windsor shopping was very worthwhile and we would certainly return for a stay should we wish to do Windsor again.

Breakfast was taken rather later than usual (0950) but active service was still very evident and great care was taken to ensure our comfort and good service by the attendant waitresses. The food was good and extremely well presented.

Again, I have no hesitation in recommending a stay in this hotel. It is not far from Legoland, not far from the town of Windsor and the castle, and is run by extremely pleasant and professional staff and management.

All good stuff, even if it was just for the single night but, as was once said, I shall return.

Michael Donald Edge
1653 Saturday 03rd November 2012 (a few nights after the stay but still fresh)

Room Tip: Did not try out the fitness centre or swimming pool (if they existed I don't know)
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Hayley B, Front Office Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Dear Valued Guest

I was delighted to read your recent review on the Thames Riviera and I would like to personally thank you.

We as a team take great pride in receiving such positive comments as we do try our very best to ensure every guest has a pleasant and enjoyable experience with us.

Please feel free to contact me directly for any future accommodation requirements when you’re next visiting in the area.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

Have just visted this weekend. Had a christening in Maidenhead on Sunday and thought we would make a weekend of it.

Great view of the river (even if not great weather) and nice big, clean room.

Ate on Saturday night when they had a live singer, realy good food and service and the young lady singing went down very well.

Will definatley be returning when visiting my god daughter.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Hayley B, Front Office Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Thank you for your recent review on the Thames Riviera,

It was lovely to read your comments regarding your recent stay with us, we will be continuing to hold live entertainment evenings throughout the year, don’t forget to check our website www.thamesriviera.com for more information.

Please feel free to contact me directly for your accommodation requirements when next visiting your goddaughter.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Thames Riviera in the future.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

We came here as we were planning a trip to Windsor and wanted to be somewhere near the river. Well the river was right next to me and the views were beautiful. Check-in was easy and the girls were very polite and well trained. The room we had was very well decorated and had free wifi. I've been to many hotels and the wifi is chargeable so that is an immediate plus point. We had a meal in the Restaurant and the food and service was great, it felt very welcoming and a good atmosphere.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to others, as the gorgeous views of the River are second to none and the service from the staff showed they had been well appointed.
Will be back soon!!!

Room Tip: Pick a river-view room. Its worth paying the extra £10!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest

I would like to thank you personally for your recent review on the Thames Riviera hotel,

I was delighted to read your review as we take great pride in receiving such positive comments as we do try our very best to make sure every guest has an enjoyable experience from the moment you check in.

Please do not hesitate to contact me regarding any future accommodation requirements you may have.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

I only tend to really write comments if I have had a very good or bad experience.
We recently stayed at this hotel and must say we had a lovely experience, the room was large and spacious, the food was excellent and the staff couldn't help us enough.
The lady manager who dealt with us was also very helpful which assisted us greatly.
The hotel is located in a lovely area with the Thames directly outside meaning lovely evening walks.

Overall we were very pleased with our visit and would highly recommend

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Hayley B, Front Office Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

I would like to thank you for your review on Trip advisor,

It was lovely to read such positive comments regarding your recent stay as this is what we strive to achieve, and can assure you that your comments have been passed onto my fellow colleagues.

Reviewed 26 October 2012

A quite charming room, we are on the top floor, and a very good breakfast. The Hotel food in the evenings is of good quality, but we had to wait ages. Stayed for a short mini break which is quite good value for money. The staff is friendly, there is a bar, a free car park and free Wifi access. The room we have is charming, warm and with a view to the Thames. There are other rooms in a separate building. Could do with a lift. A very friendly three star hotel in a unique position, that must quite nice in the summer with lunch on the terrace overlooking the water.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Hayley B, Front Office Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Dear Valued Guest

I would like to thank you for your recent review on the Thames Riviera, as it can be a key element for any guest making a decision to stay with us.

It was lovely to read that you found the hotel charming as we do our very best to ensure all guests have a pleasant experience, I would also like to apologies for the waiting time you received in the restaurant,

Thank you once again and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Thames Riviera hopefully in the near future.

Hayley Buddo

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidenhead
Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor
The Oakley Court
The Oakley Court
#2 of 19 in Windsor
Travelodge Maidenhead Central Hotel

Been to The Thames Riviera Hotel? Share your experiences!