The Thames Riviera Hotel
US$145
Agoda.com
Kingswood Hotel(Maidenhead)
US$50
Norfolk House Hotel(Maidenhead)(Great Value!)
US$127
Premier Inn Maidenhead Town Centre(Maidenhead)(Great Value!)
US$86
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
The Thames Hotel(Maidenhead)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsblue river caferowing clubbeer gardenthe main hotelstayed for one nightwould stay againlovely locationtown centrefat duckthameswindsorrowersbrayriversideheathrowlegoland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Spent a weekend here recently with the family. Family Room was great with a view overlooking the River Thames. Food was first-rate and plenty of it. An enjoyable stay.

Only 'downer' was that we were above the bar area and they had live music on Friday nights and some form of disco on the Saturday. This was quite loud and when there was a beat, we could hear it quite clearly.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor and not above the bar area!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Craig W

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time and found the food first rate.
I do apologise for the disturbance caused to your family by the live music which I am currently reviewing as it is also key to us that whatever we do does not affect our residents in house. I will investigate the disco music on the Saturday night and will take corrective action on this as should not have happened.

I do hope we welcome you back soon

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Loved this hotel. The room was clean and comfortable with a lovely view of the Thames. The cocktails were lovely and the whole atmosphere was great. Will definitely go back in the Summer and make use of the gardens and surroundings

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Amanda H

Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear that you loved the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the summer where I am sure you will enjoy your cocktails out in the gardens admiring the lovely views we have.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I recently stayed here for two weeks on business in Maidenhead. Hotel is a short 10-15 minute walk to the town center. You have to make sure that you get the room that you want, as they were very inconsistent. My first room was very tiny and did not have a chest of drawers for me to store my clothes, and was not offered an alternative. I finally changed rooms one week into my stay after the toilet broke. My new room was more spacious and did have a chest of drawers, but right above the restaurant parking lot where all of the after hours and drink conversations could be heard. Next time I stay there I will make sure that I get the room that I want. Kudos to Simon on the staff who was friendly and very helpful while I was there. Although the Blue River Cafe is a part of the hotel, I will review that separately. The view of the Thames and the old railway bridge is lovely, and the ducks bring a charm to the hotel grounds.

Room Tip: Every room is different, especially the single rooms, so ask around and be specific as possible when booking.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Robert F

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent 2 week stay with us. The hotel does have a number of different room types and they all vary in size and location within the hotel grounds. When you visit us again please let us know where your preference is and subject to availability my reception team will do their best to accommodate. I do apologise for the inconvenience caused by maintenance issue but pleased that Simon sorted a room move for you efficiently.

We do indeed have wonderful views and I do hope we can welcome you back again soon

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Very Impressed with the hotel, fab view over the river,
the staff were all extremely helpful, especially Millie who went the extra mile and bought a goody basket up to the room once she found out we were celebrating my birthday.
We ordered the breakfast to come to the room, it was just what the doctor ordered to cure a hangover,
Room was very clean and tidy as was the bathroom,
there was plenty of tea and coffee making facilities,
The bar was busy and lively, we stayed in the lodge adjacent to the hotel, which was quiet,
plenty of free parking and we look forward to our return visit.

Room Tip: i would choose a lodge room again as most seem to have a balcony overlooking the river,
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 442paulman

Thank you for your recent review and I was delighted to hear that you had a great birthday weekend with us. I know my team take great pride in looking after our guests and it is so pleasing to see that being recognised, I will personally pass on your kind comments to Millie and rest of the team with thanks.
I do look forward to welcoming you on your return visit

Regards

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed overnight when in the area on business.

The good:
Easy to find
Plenty of car parking
Nice spot on the river
Decent bar/restaurant
Very friendly staff
Good value for area

The bad:
Room was in the annexe/building across the car park and had an odour of stale smoke
Sound proofing was quite poor so could hear any movement in adjacent rooms
Wifi was quite slow

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Raymond

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We do value all the feedback we get from our customer's as that enables us to see what we are doing well at and also where we need to work on. I was pleased to hear that you found the staff friendly and that we were good value for the area. I can assure you I will investigate and implement corrective action with regard to the stale smoke and speed of Wifi with immediate effect and I apologise for the inconvenience that caused.

I do hope we welcome you back to the hotel soon