“Average hotel with really poor room”

The Thames Riviera Hotel
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Maidenhead
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We booked this hotel months in advance via Booking.com for a special occasion nearby. We had confirmation of an executive room which should have been refurbished with view of the river. When we arrived we given a room (402) in the lodge across the car park from the main building. The room was vert tired and did not appear to match the description of an executive room. When we raised this issue we were told there were two types of executive room and we had been allocated the 2 person version, larger ones were only for bigger groups. We fell for this at the time but the following day we checked the wesite to discover there are 3 room types double, family and executive and looking at the pictures we had obviously been allocated a double whilst paying for an executive! Needless to say we have taken this up with the hotel.

My advice if you are going to stay is to confirm exactly what you are paying for and avoid room 402. We will not be going back any time soon.

Room Tip: Go for a room in the main building and avoid room 402 in the Lodge at all cost
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear MaldonDW

Thank you for your recent review and I would like to personally apologise that you were dis appointed with your room. I can confirm that we have 3 room types which are Standard, Executive and Family Rooms. We do value all our guest's feedback and I can assure you that I will be implementing corrective action to prevent any future reoccurrence.

I do hope you reconsider your decision and return soon.

There are newer reviews for The Thames Riviera Hotel

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed and frequented the Thames Riviera and Blue River Cafe many times.

The staff, reception and management are great and always willing to help with a smile.

It is well managed with clean, well furnished inviting rooms.

The Restaurant and Bar offer great food, live music and a warm friendly atmosphere for any occasion.

I would always recommend staying here or an evening at the bar.

Well worth a visit!

Stayed: April 2014
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear AdamBaston

Thank you for your recent review and I am delighted to hear that you are a frequent visitor to the hotel. I am pleased also to hear that you always find the team great and helpful and I will pass on your kind comments to all the team which I know they will appreciate as it is always rewarding to be recognised for delivering great service.

I look forward to seeing you soon

Regards

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed here for one night and must say I thought it was really charming, would definitely stay again. Lovely location and it will be really lovely in the summer. Excellent value for money and the food in the restaurant was very good.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor, the stairs were quite narrow
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Ronnie

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was very pleased that you found us excellent value for money and enjoyed the food in the restaurant.
We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 5 April 2014

stayed at this hotel en route to eating in Marlow . We had a good room overlooking the Thames.
the room was a good size and comfortable and served the purpose we needed. All the staff seemed friendly and we would use it again . Taxi into Marlow was £15 so overall still proved to be good value for money

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Pauljudith

Thank you for your recent review and I was really pleased to hear that you found all the staff friendly and had a good stay. I will pass on my thanks to the team and I know they will appreciate your kind comments.

Regards

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Spent a weekend here recently with the family. Family Room was great with a view overlooking the River Thames. Food was first-rate and plenty of it. An enjoyable stay.

Only 'downer' was that we were above the bar area and they had live music on Friday nights and some form of disco on the Saturday. This was quite loud and when there was a beat, we could hear it quite clearly.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor and not above the bar area!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Craig W

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time and found the food first rate.
I do apologise for the disturbance caused to your family by the live music which I am currently reviewing as it is also key to us that whatever we do does not affect our residents in house. I will investigate the disco music on the Saturday night and will take corrective action on this as should not have happened.

I do hope we welcome you back soon

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Loved this hotel. The room was clean and comfortable with a lovely view of the Thames. The cocktails were lovely and the whole atmosphere was great. Will definitely go back in the Summer and make use of the gardens and surroundings

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Amanda H

Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear that you loved the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the summer where I am sure you will enjoy your cocktails out in the gardens admiring the lovely views we have.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I recently stayed here for two weeks on business in Maidenhead. Hotel is a short 10-15 minute walk to the town center. You have to make sure that you get the room that you want, as they were very inconsistent. My first room was very tiny and did not have a chest of drawers for me to store my clothes, and was not offered an alternative. I finally changed rooms one week into my stay after the toilet broke. My new room was more spacious and did have a chest of drawers, but right above the restaurant parking lot where all of the after hours and drink conversations could be heard. Next time I stay there I will make sure that I get the room that I want. Kudos to Simon on the staff who was friendly and very helpful while I was there. Although the Blue River Cafe is a part of the hotel, I will review that separately. The view of the Thames and the old railway bridge is lovely, and the ducks bring a charm to the hotel grounds.

Room Tip: Every room is different, especially the single rooms, so ask around and be specific as possible when...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Robert F

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent 2 week stay with us. The hotel does have a number of different room types and they all vary in size and location within the hotel grounds. When you visit us again please let us know where your preference is and subject to availability my reception team will do their best to accommodate. I do apologise for the inconvenience caused by maintenance issue but pleased that Simon sorted a room move for you efficiently.

We do indeed have wonderful views and I do hope we can welcome you back again soon

Paul

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidenhead
Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor
#1 of 3 in Burnham
The Oakley Court
The Oakley Court
#2 of 19 in Windsor

Been to The Thames Riviera Hotel? Share your experiences!