The Thames Riviera Hotel
US$92
US$90
Priceline
  • Pool
Premier Inn Maidenhead Town Centre(Maidenhead)(Great Value!)
US$82
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
All reviewsblue river caferowing clubbeer gardenthe main hotelstayed for one nightwould stay againlovely locationtown centrefat duckthameswindsorrowersbrayriversideheathrowlegoland
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Room Tip: I am never one to complain but I feel so ripped off I feel I must share. Do not stay at this hotel enless you want to step back in time. This hotel reminds me of faulty towers, I was waiting for bazel faulty to be at reception. It is an extremely basic hotel charging 4 star prices. The rate was steep for a week night stay,service poor and no ambiance about the place at all. You felt as though you were stepping on egg shells going back to your room at 1130 at night, the floor is so creaky and old. We went up stairs to watch the tv as there was no atmosphere in the bar and another resident started banging on our wall, assumingly because they wanted us to turn the tv down, it wasn't even loud but obviously the walls are so thin. The hotel has a privilege members sign up which is not well advertised around the hotel but basically if you sign up you receive 20% off food and beverages, this takes a few moments via emaiI, once I noticed this small sign on a chalk board advertising becoming a privilege member at the hotel bar and asked the bar tender to explain it to me, I also explained two of us had just spend over £80 in the restaurant and even though I was able to sign up after this, the bar manager would not do anything on my previous food bill, this would have saved me something and I can honestly say I was quite appalled by how this service. When I approached reception about the privilege card, I politely said I feel from a customers point of view I should have been advised of this and there jobs worth response was, We'll we don't actually have to tell you about this offer it is sign posted around the hotel, out of good will being as I had spent over £300 on the room and food and drink , you would think the staff would have altered my food bill to accommodate the 20% discount! no not them. Worst hotel I have ever had the mid fortunate to book. Don't stay here! Complete rip off.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chilly7
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Chilly7

Thank you for your recent review. I was surprised by some of your comments which as you can see from the recent reviews we have been getting we have had a lot of very favourable feedback from all our customer's however will take your points on board.
I would just like to clarify that the rates in the hotel are very competitive for the area and also in defence of the Bar Manager he was just following procedure. We do have a loyalty discount card available for customer's however like with any other card it can only be ever valid from the date of activation and cannot be used for goods that have already been consumed and was before the application was even submitted.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel far exceeded my expectations, the room (for a family of 3) was large airy and well presented and great value for money. A four poster double and a double sofa bed with plenty of room left over for the children to play in. We had a lovely veiw of the river and slept well. The Blue River Cafe was brilliant for both dinner and breakfast, the kids meals were good value for money and really tasty. The breakfast was also tasty and had plenty of choice. The staff were fantastic with the kids on both occasions and we thoroughly enjooyed our stay. We booked this hotel due to being quite close to legoland, it was very easy to get to and from there from the hotel and would definately stay here again. Although we didnt get to use it due to arriving very late there was a fab beer garden next to the river which would be great on a summers night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review and it is much appreciated by my team and I, The garden is indeed a lovely area to relax and enjoy the view but unfortunately the weather has not been kind to us this weekend.

Let's hope the sun shines on your next visit

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We booked this hotel months in advance via Booking.com for a special occasion nearby. We had confirmation of an executive room which should have been refurbished with view of the river. When we arrived we given a room (402) in the lodge across the car park from the main building. The room was vert tired and did not appear to match the description of an executive room. When we raised this issue we were told there were two types of executive room and we had been allocated the 2 person version, larger ones were only for bigger groups. We fell for this at the time but the following day we checked the wesite to discover there are 3 room types double, family and executive and looking at the pictures we had obviously been allocated a double whilst paying for an executive! Needless to say we have taken this up with the hotel.

My advice if you are going to stay is to confirm exactly what you are paying for and avoid room 402. We will not be going back any time soon.

Room Tip: Go for a room in the main building and avoid room 402 in the Lodge at all cost
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear MaldonDW

Thank you for your recent review and I would like to personally apologise that you were dis appointed with your room. I can confirm that we have 3 room types which are Standard, Executive and Family Rooms. We do value all our guest's feedback and I can assure you that I will be implementing corrective action to prevent any future reoccurrence.

I do hope you reconsider your decision and return soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed and frequented the Thames Riviera and Blue River Cafe many times.

The staff, reception and management are great and always willing to help with a smile.

It is well managed with clean, well furnished inviting rooms.

The Restaurant and Bar offer great food, live music and a warm friendly atmosphere for any occasion.

I would always recommend staying here or an evening at the bar.

Well worth a visit!

Stayed: April 2014
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear AdamBaston

Thank you for your recent review and I am delighted to hear that you are a frequent visitor to the hotel. I am pleased also to hear that you always find the team great and helpful and I will pass on your kind comments to all the team which I know they will appreciate as it is always rewarding to be recognised for delivering great service.

I look forward to seeing you soon

Regards

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed here for one night and must say I thought it was really charming, would definitely stay again. Lovely location and it will be really lovely in the summer. Excellent value for money and the food in the restaurant was very good.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor, the stairs were quite narrow
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Ronnie

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was very pleased that you found us excellent value for money and enjoyed the food in the restaurant.
We look forward to seeing you again soon