“Overnight stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Maidenhead
Telford, United Kingdom
“Overnight stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have stayed at the Thames Riviera on three occasions whilst visiting my brother and his wife. The hotel was chosen on location and it is in a fantastic spot right on the river. Comfortable rooms and an excellent breakfast.

Polite, friendly staff and on my second visit, the receptionist even recognised me and greeted me by name prior to checking in. Excellent value.

Room Tip: Always request a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Fran T

What a great review thank you. I am really pleased that you enjoy staying with us and find the team here polite and friendly. I look forward to welcoming you soon when you next visit your brother.
Kind Regards
Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

A special thank you to Sana - she was most helpful, polite and professional. Nice hotel in great location. Must try to get a room with a good view of the river though otherwise woulds not be so special .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your great comments on Sana, she is indeed a valuable member of the team here at the Thames Riviera. I know she will really appreciate the kind feedback as she is very passionate about customer service.
I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel albeit with hopefully a river view in the near future
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We chose the hotel based on location and weren't disappointed. The garden next to the river was ideal for a drink before dinner. The hotel was modern and bed very comfortable. Room was a bit warm but there was a fan and air conditioning provided. Good value

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Bizzob

Thank you for your recent review and I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and found us good value. We are indeed lucky with our location and I am pleased to see that you were able to relax in the garden and enjoy the view before dinner. I do hope we see you again soon.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Great room, lovely hotel in top spot by river and fair value. What really stood out was the service received from Charlotte during the reservation process and at check in - exceptionally polite, friendly, helpful and knowledgable but most of all professional. In my 50 years I've stayed in hotels of all classes throughout the world but Charlotte's service was something special.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear David S

Thank you for a great review and especially your feedback regarding Charlotte who is a valued member of the team here at the Thames Riviera. I will pass on your kind comments to her with thanks and I know she will be delighted.
I do hope we see you again soon
Birmingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

The location of the hotel was great as was the view from the hotel room overlooking the Thames.The hotel in itself is a little out dated with a good need of updating. The hotel room was sufficient with everything needed available. The only downside was that I stayed one weekend when the weather was really warm. I had the windows open and the fan on but the room was still boiling hot, which made for an uncomfortable sleep. Also the towel rail was on with no option to switch it off so the bathroom was like a sauna...There could also have been better lighting in the room instead of just table lamps. I cannot comment on the food as I didnt eat there. Parking was sufficient and staff were friendly.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Ixia2006

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and I was pleased to hear that you found the staff friendly. We do not have air conditioning in the rooms but do supply a fan to assist with the cooling. I do appreciate your constructive feedback and will be looking at to ensure we improve our product further.
I do hope to see you back soon
Corsham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We travelled with two 12-year-olds and were delighted with room 104. We had a four-poster bed (although without any drapes) and the children had a comfortable settee bed. The room was large with stunning river views. We watched boats, trains crossing the nearby bridge, rowing boats from the club on the opposite bank, swans and cygnets and ducks. The room was clean and the bed linen good. The bathroom was spotless, with toiletries, and there were bathrobes and a safe in the wardrobe. We felt the laterooms price was exceptional. We didn't sample breakfast. Check-in and out were simple and trouble-free. Not suitable for those wanting several lounge areas, however. The feeling is more akin to arriving at a (much more comfortable and better equipped) Travelodge.

Room Tip: Room 104 on the ground floor is large, with glorious views of the river from big windows. It has an...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Maureen C

Thank you for your recent review and I was really pleased that you enjoyed your overnight stay with us. We are very fortunate with the views we have and I am glad that you and your family were able to relax and watch the activities on the water. We do pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms and I will pass on your kind comments to the team with thanks.
I do hope you get the opportunity to visit us again soon
Kind Regards

Lichfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

The price for this hotel was £79 via laterooms - which was fine. Not sure the discount from £200 per night was genuine as that would be massively steep for what is a pretty average hotel. Good location by the river, near to restuarants, etc. Breakfast was good for £10 - plus free kids' breakfasts thrown in.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Tim T

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Paul
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidenhead
The Thames Hotel
#1 of 3 in Burnham
Norfolk House Hotel
Norfolk House Hotel
#5 of 12 in Maidenhead

Been to The Thames Riviera Hotel? Share your experiences!