“1 staff almost ruins all”

The Thames Riviera Hotel
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Maidenhead
London, United Kingdom
“1 staff almost ruins all”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just stayed for 2 days.
Absolutely amazing view, room were with a very good quality/price ratio, food was marvellous all staff was great. All was great apart one thing…one member of staff was so unpleasant to us that almost made our visit not worth.
She seemed to be a lovely person but at the end her service was so rude and no close to the hotel standards.
Her name tag stated Kirsty or Kristy (just trying to be as accurate as possible) and almost made us never return.
This is a situation for the management to solve.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Charles B
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Charles B

Thank you for your recent review and I was pleased to hear that you had a good stay with us. All our staff are passionate about delivering great customer service and it is disappointing to note that you felt one member did not fully deliver. I can assure you that this is not normal for this individual and she is a valued member of the team. On both of our behalf I do apologise for this occurrence and I can assure you we will carry out customer service refresher training as appropriate.
I do hope you come and visit us again in the near future

Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I just spent 8 days at the Thames Riviera Hotel in Maidenhead-room 411. Can't recommend it. Rooms are simple and comfortable but one can hear everything going on in the adjacent room. For example, the shower in that adjacent room is so loud it woke me up on 2 occasions. Other goings on in that adjacent room also woke me up when a couple checked in at 11:30pm. The shower in my room is equally loud, I'm sure, for the parties next door. Shower temperature is not easy to maintain-I took 2 cold showers during my time there due to lack of hot water. There is no air conditioning but a fan is provided in the room. Internet service is free and speedy however one has to go to the front desk every day to pick up an access code-one for each device. This is an outdated approach to internet access. Service is generally friendly and efficient although I did not receive my requested wake up call one morning and on two occasions received a wake up call that I never requested. Garden area is lovely, right on the Thames with nice views of the river and the opposite bank. Restaurant is adequate with friendly service from a young staff. Breakfast buffet is rather minimal but one can order a hot breakfast which was included in my very reasonable room rate. Bar area is good and it's always nice to bring a beer out to the garden where there are plenty of tables and chairs. Restaurant and bar are quite busy on weekends in particular. Hotel is not in walking distance of much although there is a good Thai restaurant within 5 minutes on foot. Hotel is 20 minutes from Heathrow.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river have nice views; many with terraces. They do however get very warm in the mo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank davidweber1015
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear DavidWeber1015

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was pleased to hear that you found the service friendly and efficient. I do apologise for the issues you had with the shower temperatures and not getting your requested wake up call. I can assure you I will be looking into all your feedback and taking the appropriate corrective action.
Telford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have stayed at the Thames Riviera on three occasions whilst visiting my brother and his wife. The hotel was chosen on location and it is in a fantastic spot right on the river. Comfortable rooms and an excellent breakfast.

Polite, friendly staff and on my second visit, the receptionist even recognised me and greeted me by name prior to checking in. Excellent value.

Room Tip: Always request a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Fran T

What a great review thank you. I am really pleased that you enjoy staying with us and find the team here polite and friendly. I look forward to welcoming you soon when you next visit your brother.
Kind Regards
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

A special thank you to Sana - she was most helpful, polite and professional. Nice hotel in great location. Must try to get a room with a good view of the river though otherwise woulds not be so special .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your great comments on Sana, she is indeed a valuable member of the team here at the Thames Riviera. I know she will really appreciate the kind feedback as she is very passionate about customer service.
I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel albeit with hopefully a river view in the near future
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We chose the hotel based on location and weren't disappointed. The garden next to the river was ideal for a drink before dinner. The hotel was modern and bed very comfortable. Room was a bit warm but there was a fan and air conditioning provided. Good value

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Bizzob

Thank you for your recent review and I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and found us good value. We are indeed lucky with our location and I am pleased to see that you were able to relax in the garden and enjoy the view before dinner. I do hope we see you again soon.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Great room, lovely hotel in top spot by river and fair value. What really stood out was the service received from Charlotte during the reservation process and at check in - exceptionally polite, friendly, helpful and knowledgable but most of all professional. In my 50 years I've stayed in hotels of all classes throughout the world but Charlotte's service was something special.

• Stayed June 2014
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear David S

Thank you for a great review and especially your feedback regarding Charlotte who is a valued member of the team here at the Thames Riviera. I will pass on your kind comments to her with thanks and I know she will be delighted.
I do hope we see you again soon
Birmingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

The location of the hotel was great as was the view from the hotel room overlooking the Thames.The hotel in itself is a little out dated with a good need of updating. The hotel room was sufficient with everything needed available. The only downside was that I stayed one weekend when the weather was really warm. I had the windows open and the fan on but the room was still boiling hot, which made for an uncomfortable sleep. Also the towel rail was on with no option to switch it off so the bathroom was like a sauna...There could also have been better lighting in the room instead of just table lamps. I cannot comment on the food as I didnt eat there. Parking was sufficient and staff were friendly.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Paul T, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Ixia2006

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and I was pleased to hear that you found the staff friendly. We do not have air conditioning in the rooms but do supply a fan to assist with the cooling. I do appreciate your constructive feedback and will be looking at to ensure we improve our product further.
I do hope to see you back soon
Paul
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidenhead
The Thames Hotel
#1 of 3 in Burnham
Norfolk House Hotel
Norfolk House Hotel
#5 of 12 in Maidenhead

Been to The Thames Riviera Hotel? Share your experiences!