The Thames Hotel
US$135
Agoda.com
US$255
US$246
Premier Inn Maidenhead Town Centre(Maidenhead)(Great Value!)
US$82
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe riveritalian restaurant in the hotelfriendly hotelone night staybreakfast was includedbath showerfantastic locationwould highly recommend this hotelconvenient locationcomfy bedfull englishfat duckcar parktrevistroudsprucewindsor
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Stayed 1 night on business. Staff really willing and helpful,
Location good, parking fine.
Because of warm welcome, I did not stress out over noisy pumbing interuptions to a good nights sleep. or lack of quality on breakfast offered. Again. Staff willing , but poor basic ingredients did not match price. ( £80 ppn inc breakfast) .
Room decor is a bit dated but clean, so not a deal breaker. Sort plumbing and breakfast and I would stay again.........

Room Tip: Top floot to avoid noise from people staying above
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim W
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I booked 2 double rooms for one night, one with cot for 2yr old grandson. Both rooms were a good size with TV and tea/coffee making facilities. The en suite in one room was very good but the second room had a bathroom with bath, washbasin and loo and literally no room to swing a cat. This was ok for one night, but if return again for longer time would ask for larger bathroom. Bedding, towels etc very clean but I think it could benefit from some re-decoration. The cot was a good quality travel cot and the toddler slept well. I too slept well but my daughter in law found the bed hard - a personal preference I guess! We stayed second week in September and we were experiencing a cold spell of weather, and we found one room in particular cold. We did ask if central heating would be coming on later. We were told that the heating generally had not been needed but they would sort to come on - it never was put on during our stay, but we slept ok! Breakfast was excellent. Our son and wife are veggies and plenty of options for them too! Overall I would say this was very good value.

Room Tip: Was going to book through latebookings.com but when I rang hotel to check re cot, booked with them and they matched the price offered online.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2013

stayed here as went to fat duck which is about 1/12 miles away lovely view of thames from bedrooom window and staff really helpfull quality hotel for price lovely breakfast and really good location cant see why people slagging hotel off

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Only stayed one night - we went on a Riverboat evening cruise to Windsor & back with lots of friends and the hotel is on the doorstep of the Thames by Jenner's Landing. Sure the decor is a bit dated but the room and en-suite were clean and nice quality. The staff couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. Didn't realise breakfast was included in the price - a nice surprise and a delicious full english breakfast. Will probably be doing another boat trip next year and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel on Saturday 24th August 2013 whilst I was walking the Thames and was quite impressed. My previous two nights sleep were in a bunk room of an activity centre and partly on the floor / partly on a couch outside the duty free lounge of a cross-channel ferry. Don't misunderstand however - although I could have slept in a ditch filled with straw I was still in a fair mental state and am able to give a reasoned opinion of the Thames Hotel. If I have paid for a room, then I will want a good one. Agreed, there are a few things that could be a little better with the Thames Hotel - a lick of paint here and there but nothing major. Overall I thought The Thames Hotel was great value and I enjoyed a pleasant one-night stay. I would return and I would recommend it to you.

FOOD - The food in the bar was exceptionally good and I would have still been satisfied with less. The menu had plenty of good / popular food and there was plenty on the menu that I could have eaten. The Italian restaurant in the Hotel was fully booked which speaks for itself. I had breakfast at the hotel. There was a full spread of cooked items, eggs bacon, toast, mushrooms etc and cereals, milk and juices. It all looked great and my cooked breakfast was very good.

THE ROOM - I booked a single room. It was compact but perfectly adequate and above all It was clean. The bedding was very clean and crisp, the bed was comfortable and the facilities in the room were very good. There was a TV with a good selection of channels and the Tea and Coffee making facilities were nicely presented and the selection included a nice Aero Hot Chocolate too.

BATHROOM - There was no bath but a good shower and the towels, soaps and shower gels were all of good quality.

STAFF - I had a problem with my kettle, nothing major but I went to reception and within a few minutes the kettle was replaced. The people that I dealt with at reception, in the bar and the breakfast lounge were all very nice.

VENUE - The hotel is right on the Thames. (Hence the name ;-) I ate my evening meal out on the tables in front of the hotel and would happily eat all my meals out there - weather permitting.

In summary, I would, and likely will return to this hotel and would recommend it to others. The value for money was very good and I found very little to be dissatisfied with. This is a good hotel and I think it could easily be a great hotel with just some minor changes.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo