All reviews swimming pool would definitely stay here again large garden a family run hotel father and son national trust cooked to order single room friendly reception fresh coat of paint home from home cooked breakfast coach house recommend this hotel comfy bed the en suite bathroom ample parking
Reviewed 23 October 2018

I stayed one night i a single room. My room was of a typical standard for the price and was clean and well-presented.
The best features of my stay were that a vegan cooked breakfast was offered with no advance notice. From my breakfast table, I was able to see a very nice -looking outdoor swimming pool, which regrettably I could not use that day.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Old style British hotel, close to the river and town, so fed up of chain hotels so for me this is perfect, run like a family run hotel, good night sleep , quite enough. Few mins from town centre. Set in a parc

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2018

I spent a very pleasant weekend in this hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel and the rooms were very clean and tastefully decorated. The full English breakfast was cooked to order and excellent.The bed was very comfortable.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2018

We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The owners were so friendly we felt at home here or like we were visiting family. This is something your rarely find anymore and is arguably the hotel's strongest point. We got help with the locality and had a wonderful meal, thanks to their restaurant recommendation. The room we had was furnished in a modern style (maybe some of the rooms are different, looking at the other reviews). Ours was certainly modern and stylish. The bathroom was a bit on the small side, but it had an excellent rain forest shower. I found some rubbish in one of the bedside cabinet draws, but apart from that the rooms were clean and well kept.
The hotel has a large garden, which is worth exploring. We were brave enough to have a dip in the pool, which we enjoyed. Invigorating! I can imagine on a hot day the pool would be a great spot. There is BBQ facilities and lots of modern pool side furniture. They serve a wonderful breakfast here, one of the best we've had over the years. The ordering was a bit chaotic though. They could do with prioritising a member of staff to deal mainly with the orders and leave the cooking to others. We had to wait twenty minutes before our order was taken, which is way too long. You begin to feel neglected after this amount of time. At least if the order has been taken, then you wait twenty minutes, you know you've been attended to and the food is on its way. Other guests enquired with the kitchen about ordering, so I think this is a real problem that needs correcting. Apart from the breakfast chaos we really enjoyed our stay here. This hotel is on the cusp of being outstanding, just a bit more attention to detail needed.

Room tip: Maybe a pool garden facing room would be best.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed on night came for a wedding at Hedsor House nearby. Greeted by two very friendly Irish men father and son which was lovely as my family are Irish too. Our room reminded me of being in my Nanna's house in the 60's apart from the en-suite bathroom which was modern. The bed was clean and comfortable which is very important so the fact that the room was old fashioned not that important for one night only. My husband went down for breakfast served early 7am -9am I opted for extea sleep!! He said the full English was good the lady serving sent him back with fruit and yogurt for me a lovely gesture. I would say this hotel is good just needs a little T.LC.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple