“Excellent B&B”

Ranked #1 of 21 Maidenhead B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent B&B”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

The facilities are very good and I would recommend The Bakehouse as it has a charming 'home from home' feeling and Laurent makes you feel very welcome. It is not far from the town centre and train station yet the accommodation is very quiet and peaceful. Excellent accommodation.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Stella B
laurent p, Owner at The Bakehouse Guest House, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Stella
Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you did enjoy your stay and you found The Bakehouse to be homely. I am looking forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Maidenhead.
Laurent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Malta
Reviewed 28 November 2013

On arrival was a great drive from London Heathrow terminal 4. Taxi service was good and cost £25. Upon arrival at guest house had a quick chat with owner and a friend of his Michael. Both owner and Michael great persons,seems we never wanted to go to our rooms to sleep as we had a good conversation on Malta.the guesthouse is simply perfect would recommend it and its good for business travelers coming up in this area. You have no regrets,good customer service and very helpful.

• Stayed November 2013
laurent p, Owner at The Bakehouse Guest House, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Hello Neil
Thank you for having taken the time to review the Bakehouse. Neil, Michael is one of the regulars but I suppose you can refer to him as a friend too :) .
For your benefit and of prospective guests, if you contact me next time you need a taxi from the airport, I will give you the details of a company charging £20.00 to collect from Heathrow but more importantly, the driver will not spend all the journey time on his mobile phone whilst driving!
I am looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Maidenhead.
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Bakehouse in June while on business in Maidenhead. Laurent provides a first class accommodation. The breakfast and room are both excellent.
Thank you Laurent for making us so welcome.
Highly recommended!!
Bernadette and David

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
laurent p, Owner at The Bakehouse Guest House, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Hello Bernadette and David
Good to hear from you both and thank you for your kind review. I hope we will have the opportunity to meet again should come back to this area.
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed three nights at The Bakehouse in September and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Laurent could not have been more welcoming or helpful. He provided great advice, maps and other assistance as we planned a couple of day walks along the Thames River.

Both the breakfasts and the room were very good. The ample parking at the rear of the property was also very convenient.

We would have no hesitation in recommending The Bakehouse as a base for exploring the nearby sections of the Thames Valley. It is within walking distance of Maidenhead Railway Station which provides excellent links to nearby locations.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello Chris and Janelle
Thank you very much for having taken the time to relay your experience of The Bakehouse. I am glad you've enjoyed your stay.
Maidenhead
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I am currently staying at The Bakehouse B + B I am enjoying the hospitatility so much I have booked to come here again. Whether you are looking for a business stay long or short or having a holiday in the area forget the expensive over rated hotels, this place will definitely tick all the right boxes. Clean tidy fresh and as other people have said It is like home from home. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
I used to live in Maidenhead all my live and I never even knew this place existed but know when I need to come back for work or pleasure I will always use this place as others I have tried do not come any where near to the mark.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
laurent p, Owner at The Bakehouse Guest House, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thank you Michael for your kind review. I am glad you've found a new home when you need to be in Maidenhead for business and you are enjoying all the offerings of The Bakehouse.
See you later.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I have been staying at The Bakehouse for over 7 months now and I have come to regard it as "My Second Home". Having previously rented a flat for business use, I decided to opt for a B&B after being relocated to Maidenhead. This was the best decision I have made for some time! The Bakehouse is faultless with rooms and facilities that are immaculate. The food is delicious and as a host, Laurent is quite excellent; indeed, I have come to regard him as a friend. I have no hesitation in recommending The Bakehouse to anyone who is looking for a short stopover in Maidenhead or even longer - you will not be disappointed!
Laurent, thanks for all your care and attentiveness - looking forward to more of the same in the coming months!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ian B
laurent p, Owner at The Bakehouse Guest House, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Hi Ian,
Thank you for your generous review; I am glad you have been enjoying your time so far at The Bakehouse. Have a good weekend and see you next week :)
BR
Norwich
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I stayed at the Bakehouse for 10 months whilst down working in Maidenhead and I can honestly say this for me was as good a 'home from home' as I would never have thought possible in this day and age. Lauren's hosting (and friendship) was really valued and the facilities are first rate. Spotless rooms, clean fresh laundry, friendly guests in addition to Laurent's consistent attention to detail and customers well being for me means that I would warmly endorse the Bakehouse as number one B and B I have ever been to! Thanks Laurent for everything and hope to see you again in the future.
ps le mange et dans l'arbre, au revior...

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
laurent p, Owner at The Bakehouse Guest House, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
Dear Lawrence
Thank you for your great review; it is so nice for me to see my guests having their life away from home being made a little bit easier by what I provide. I am already missing our little chats and your sense of humour. It was a pleasure having you here and hope to meet you again at some stage in the future. Final French lesson until next time: le singe est dans l'arbre ;)
NB: I like the photo! :)