“a peaceful night”

Alma House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 24 Windsor B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 July 2014

A great little b & b just what we needed after a hectic day at legoland. Very friendly staff, informative welcome pack. Lovely quiet area but only a few minutes walk from restaurants and shops. Room was spotless and the continental breakfast was more than enough for us. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Very nice place to stay. The welcome I received on arrival was superb and I was shown everything I needed to know for my stay. Room was a bit small but everything I needed was packed in there especially plenty for breakfast; I like my food but even I couldn't eat it all. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was superb and I loved the power shower. Room was cleaned, towels and breakfast items replaced every day even though some days I didn't leave the room until turned 1pm.

At £55 this is an ideal room for the single traveller on a budget especially considering even the lower end hotels in Windsor were asking for twice that much and more. The area was a little noisy but not much could be done about that I suppose as it is on the Heathrow flight path.

Thank you Georgia and co for a very pleasant stay. Hope to see you again some time.

Peter Etherington

Room Tip: If you're a single traveller go for room 4, you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Found this place on a search engine ,on the way to Windsor. We were given an access code and instructions were sent via email. On arrival we had to pay a nominal fee to park on the road, but parking is free 8pm to 8 am. On entering the room we were amazed at the quality of the room. Initially disappointed that it would be a continental breakfast, we found a table with four placements, with cereals, fruit, bread, biscuits, a fridge with plenty of juice and milk, a toaster, tv,and a vast variety of hot drinks. There were two beds and a beautiful bathroom. Ideally placed, this is a great place to stay when visiting the Queen at Windsor.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kennybabes
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have just stayed in the this B&B as a lone female on a trip to Windsor and although I know Windsor well having lived there for twenty years, it was a different matter staying there as a traveller.

Excellent accommodation with a lovely bathroom and a great idea of a self catering breakfast with everything I could possible need.

Room Tip: I had a single room which was wonderful value and suited my needs perfectly.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lagare2014
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

After several hours in 2 different airports, taxi and train, arriving to Alma BB was just like comming home. Wonderfull service, nice people, breakfast at the room that make it easy to get a nice warm cup of tea. The room and bathroom were modern, very clean with nice and comfortable furniture. We are five in our family betwen 40 and 8 years old and everybody in the group was absolutly more than happy with our stay in Windsor thanks to Alma House. From Stockholm my sincerely thank you to the nice staff in Alma and for making our latest visit to England something really to remember.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The main attraction of Alma House was being able to have breakfast in our room which suited our needs as we were travelling as a family. The accommodation has been refurbished to a high standard and is located in a quiet residential area.
As a base for Windsor, Legoland and a day trip to London it couldn't have been better. Windsor is 5-10min walk and Legoland is a short taxi journey.
I would thoroughly recommend it and would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Thank !!!!!!!!!!
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We had a lovely stay over at Alma House whilst visiting Legoland. The family room was spotlessly clean and newly refurbished to a high standard. The breakfast selection was great and suited our family. Free parking over night on the road just outside. Would definitely stay again as better value than other options.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family