“Great food”

Ranked #55 of 248 Restaurants in Windsor
Price range: US$23 - US$69
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hot spots, other than wagamama, to visit include: windsor castle, old royal shopping centre, legoland and the royal theatre is just down the road. We offer asian food inspired by the flavours of japan
Windsor, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We mostly do takeaways but they are well presented when taken out of the bags and it is delicious. Not the first time nor the last time and staff are very pleasant, even though, they run up and down because they are busy. :)

• Visited February 2014

• Polish first
Windsor
“School Dinners”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This was our forth visit since they opened in Windsor several years ago and it just gets worse. We love Asian food but what they serve gets further and further away from originality each time. We ordered Chicken Ramen, Chilli beef, Chicken Raisukaree, and Pork Pyoza. The Ramen noodle were undercooked and the soup bland and watery. Adding the chilli oil and soya gretly helped but still felt very disappointing. The curry was a bit better (raisukaree) but the chilli dumpling again were tastless and needed full dunking in the accompanying spicy sauce. The wine list is limited with no Chardonnay at all, not even blended with another grape. We ordered a bottle of pinot grigo at £18.50 which was OK and at least bottled in Italy. I note that because it has come to my attention that the large supermarkets, Sainsburys, Tecos etc, have, in the last six months, all started selling a large number of wines from around the world, imported and BOTTLED, in the UK. I digress. The worst thing about our latest visit was the fact that our food was served in PLASTIC crockery. For this reason I cannot take Wagamama seriously any more and won't be running back for more disappointments. It's probably because it caters for such a large amount of families. Plastic crockery, bland, unspiced food (so that parents can judge the seasoning themselves for all the children in the restaurant. Especially after school which was when we visited. The meals were also all served very warm which may have been why the noodle were not cooked properly. Ramen, soup, etc is always served steaming (piping hot) in the far east, but that's probably too hot for children. A step up from MacDonald's. Including service (which is not added to the bill automatically) we paid £62 for 2 ramens, 1 main course, and 1 side, plus one bottle of wine.

• Visited February 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Great quality food, served by Ruta who was very attentive which made the whole experience very enjoyable.
Highly recommend.

Staines, United Kingdom
“Good”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I really liked the atmosphere here and the staff was also very nice and helpful. The service was quick. I loved the idea of new fresh juices - they were very tasty. However I've been to Wagamama in Brighton and I prefered the quality of food there. I still will come back here.

• Visited January 2014
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Great food as usual from Wagamama”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I must confess I am a real fan of the type of food Wagamama serve. I've been to a number of their restaurants in different locations around the UK and although the restaurant itself isn't inspiring due to its downstairs location I thought the food and service was one of the best.

I started with the wagame salad which was nice and quite different and then went for the chilli ramen chicken for the main. This s a serious bowl of food and arrived piping hot . It's a nice combination of a full sliced chicken breast with noodles, been sprouts, chilli etc in a spicy broth. Really enjoyed it although the noodles aren't that easy to eat with either the 'scoop' they give you or the chopsticks.

• Visited January 2014