“Convenient location, great food and wonderful service.”
Review of Windsor Grill

Windsor Grill
Ranked #5 of 265 Restaurants in Windsor
Price range: £35 - £60
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our passion for "simple, honest, food using only the finest ingredients" continues. Serving dry aged 35 day hung Surrey Farm Beef and a large choice fish and shellfish. Windsor Grill is a real gem, just a stone's throw from Windsor's Long Walk and two minutes from the town centre. A warm welcome greets any visitor, a cosy ambiance is created by pretty wall lights and table oil lights which gently illuminate the abundance of wall hangings and soft furnishings. For meetings and social gatherings our private dining room is stylish and a discreet hideaway. Open Wednesday to Saturday dinner from 5.00pm. Due to government instructions we will be taking last bookings at 8.30, last food orders at 9pm and guests have to vacate the restaurant by 10pm
Reviewed 9 July 2016

Just a 5 minute walk from the Holiday Inn Express in Windsor. It was well-rated, so I thought I'd give it a try. Open Table didn't have the time I wanted for a reservation, so I called and got the time I needed! Great to enjoy unique foods to the area - rabbit cooked 2 ways, chicken liver pate, and Eton Mess with a Windsor twist. Paired with a French Claret wine, it was a very enjoyable dinner for one!

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

We went for a fathers day meal,

It was very pleasant the service was really attentive and very helpful.

We were sat in the back room which was quite dark but a nice space. The food was good, a nice local restaurant.

We will be back :)

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I had been meaning to pay this place a visit for some time and we're glad we finally got round to it!
We absolutely loved the food, we ordered a lot!! Everything tasted amazing and it had a real homely feel about it. The service was also very attentive and the staff even took the time to chat with us.

Reviewed 3 July 2016

I had dinner on my own, shortly after moving to Windsor. My visit happened to coincide with Royal Ascot. There were lots of people in the restaurant, but I didn't feel like I was part of the environment - very much an outsiders. The meal was very good, but if you're looking for a place where you feel like you're at home, this is not the place

1  Thank lefthandnav
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

We decided to eat dinner here after a day at Royal ascot, and I have to say we were not disappointed.

We didn't arrive until quite close to closing but the staff were in no hurry as it was still packed out, and we were able to enjoy a nice leisurely meal. For starter I had a salad and Pete had prawns both of which were lovely. For the main course we chose the chateaubriand with peppercorn sauce, chunky chips, and buttered greens. The steak was cooked to perfection the chef really did a great job. Then for desert we had crème brûlée, again this was beautiful.

The staff were very attentive without being annoying and crowding you, and the service was very quick and efficient.

We really cannot wait to return next year or sooner

1  Thank jessicafT8595PL