“Brilliant evening”

Price range: £35 - £60
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our passion for "simple, honest, food using only the finest ingredients" continues. Serving dry aged 35 day hung Surrey Farm Beef and a large choice fish and shellfish. Windsor Grill is a real gem, just a stone's throw from Windsor's Long Walk and two minutes from the town centre. A warm welcome greets any visitor, a cosy ambiance is created by pretty wall lights and table oil lights which gently illuminate the abundance of wall hangings and soft furnishings. For meetings and social gatherings our private dining room is stylish and a discreet hideaway. Open Wednesday to Saturday dinner from 5.00pm. Due to government instructions we will be taking last bookings at 8.30, last food orders at 9pm and guests have to vacate the restaurant by 10pm
Reviewed 3 September 2016

Started with a lovely greeting on arrival, this set the tone for the rest of the evening, from the cocktails at the bar to the food everything was perfect. I had the devilled kidneys and my partner steak tartare, followed by sirloin steak surf n turf and a pork tomahawk, a pork chop like I've never had before. The service was friendly and very attentive. All in all a great evening, highly recommended. Thank you Windsor Grill

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

I visited Windsor Grill a couple of weekends ago and I must say if you are in Windsor, you must visit without fail. A Hidden Gem! All of our food was first class especially my 16oz Rib Eye Steak cooked Medium. This was by far the best steak I've ever had and trust me I've eaten a lot of steak! I even mentioned to the manager that it was the best steak that I'd had! I just had to say it to someone as I was so humbled that a piece of steak could taste so good! Credit to the Chef! You sir are an absolute star! I visit Windsor few times a year and will make it a plan to visit Windsor grill on every occasion. Credit to all the staff at the front of house, you are all very polite and welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. We didn't feel rushed and was able to enjoy a very pleasant evening. Look forward to seeing you again!

1  Thank JackE161
Reviewed 30 August 2016

Having booked a trip to the area over bank holiday for our wedding anniversary, we were looking somewhere special to celebrate and Windsor Grill come up in the Top 10 places to eat. After looking at the menu, we booked straight away.
Our visit did not let us done!
We were not familiar with the area, and this restaurant is a little hidden from the main town centre so after walking around for somewhere to go for pre drinks decided to try the grill early to see if there was a bar area we could sit in before our planned reservation.
We were welcomed in straight away, and given the cocktail/bar menu and sat to one side in the small bar area.
Our table was available earlier, and sat in a nice snug area. The menu is overwhelming with choice, and with a little help by our really friendly waitress picked out dinner.
I cannot put into words how lovely the food was, and put it out there to say it was one of the best meals I have eaten.
The cocktails are a must, the staff are so friendly and welcoming nothing was any trouble.
Since we have been returned from our trip we have recommended to anyone that would listen, and already plan to return in the near future.
It is a definite must if visiting the area, I promise if you love your food you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Windsor Grill is quite possibly the best eating experience in Windsor and just a five minute walk form the centre. The food quality was 5 star fine dining standard although the restaurant is certainly not formal and has a lovely relaxed atmosphere. There are too many standard tourist restaurants in Windsor so it's refreshing that the owners are prepared to provide a really high level of cuisine. There is also an extensive wine list and a good choice of cocktails and the chef will make anything to accompany your dinner. I had a fantastic bit of fillet steak cooked perfectly and look forward to my next visit to sample more of the menu.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Simply tastes from heaven. You have to taste it to understand the review. We ate:

- Pan-Fried Calf’s Liver, Colcannon Mash, Grilled Bacon, Caramelised Onions & Gravy

- 9oz Sirloin

If there is something that needs improvement is the quality and quantity of the vegetables.