“Very good B and B” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 22 Windsor B&B and Inns
brighton, england
“Very good B and B”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed one night after a party at nearby Windsor Racecourse. Booked the single room at the back of the house, with shared facilities. Small but comfortable with everything I could need for a short stop and so I felt that, by London standards, this was excellent value for money. The hosts are particularly friendly and Dee cooks a very good breakfast. If you're not the sociable type, the shared breakfast area may not be for you, especially when it's busy - but for me it was a pleasant change from the soulless experience of staying in a hotel in the same price bracket. Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank daveybuk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here overnight due to having an interview the following day. My booking was quite last minute but I received an email from Dee asking about my arrival time and information re: parking etc. On arrival I was greeted and shown around by Dee and then left to my own devices as I had work to do.

The room was lovely and comfortable and I was upgraded to a double room at no extra charge - tea/coffee/biscuits/water etc were available in my room as well as free wi-fi and a map of the surrounding area.

Breakfast was made by Ann - a lovely lady who will basically make any combination of breakfast you want and it was lovely chatting to other guests.

The B+B had a lovely homely feel to it and the personal pictures and items around the house and rooms made it feel like a very lived in place full of family life. Would definitely recommend!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank EWilliams86
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

We arrived at the B & B after a seven hour flight to Dublin, a flight from there to London and a train ride to the B & B. It felt like we'd been adopted by Dee. She gave us good advice - "try to stay up as long as possible to fight jet lag" and we did. The room was very comfortable. Usually at a B & B there is a formal dining room with a place setting. Instead, we came downstairs and sat at the counter and watched Dee whip up our breakfast. We chatted the entire time and it made the whole experience so very welcoming. It was a great introduction to the U.K. and when Rick Steves suggests going to Windsor the first day of your trip (to ward off jet lag), he must have had Steve & Dee's in mind.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lynnebogo
Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

I'm here for two nights and writing the review before I leave. Yes, it's that good!

It's probably the lowest priced B&B in Windsor but don't let that fool you. You can walk to everything in a few minutes, there's old fashioned service with two smiles, great advice, wonderful comfy rooms and great food. Your hosts - yes, Steve and Dee - are as friendly and helpful as you want them to be. Ask and all this information falls out of them but they are not in any way intrusive. I was treated like an old friend immediately and our chat over an 8 o'clock breakfast went for three hours as we explored all manner of common interest.

The place has a comfortable welcoming atmosphere that you fee from the moment you step into the door and they start the relationship long before you get there. You'll discover an email in your inbox welcoming you and giving some helpful advice to assist. It also welcomes questions before you arrive.

If it's not offered (though it's sure to be), ask for the home made muesli and the freshly prepared fruit salad. Scrumptious!

This is the place to stay if you want something very personal and personable.

Room Tip: It's a quiet street so any room is good. Parking a car is impossible here except in the par par...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank David L
Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed here recently on business. First issue is that I had to pay in advance. This makes things tricky. They don't take cards. Should just buy a PDQ and accept card payments.

I found it hard to find. There is a sign about 9 inch square and a buzzer. You buzz and get let in two doors down. Unnecessarily odd.

Very welcoming. Couldn't fault that. The room I had was old, tired and very small. I could touch the walls if I laid on the bed and stretched my arms out. The bed was clean. The bathroom was in need of replacement. Worn and dirty looking because of its age.

The breakfast is good quality but intimate. I stayed and ate breakfast with 5 others. I was sat 1 foot from everyone else. No tables, all together. Great if you like that sort of thing. I don't.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Andystone99
Napier, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

I spent three nights here and found it very comfortable , clean and friendly. The rooms have all you need. Tea and coffee TV radio. And very comfortable beds. You have a choice of ensuite bathroom or shared.
Breakfast is cooked for you when you arrive in the kitchen/dining area. The choice is huge from continental to full English . Dee and Steve are great hosts.

Room Tip: The only preference would be second or third floor
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mariebkarl
Columbus, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Amazing location, incredibly friendly owners, amazing cooking and a great social environment around the breakfast table. The B&B is a short walk from the train station, town, and castle. This small B&B is comfortable, cozy, and truly a gem. Dee & Steve gave us water and snacks each day as well as setting out some breakfast for us when we had to leave early in the morning to catch our flight. Highly recommended for anyone who will be staying in the London area.
-Seth & Rebecca