Macdonald Windsor Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Oscar Lodge(Windsor)
  • Free Internet
3,034 results
All reviewsvalet parkingcupcakesopposite the castlelovely hotelcar parkhigh streetperfect locationcooked breakfastmini barweekend breakwould highly recommend this hotellovely touchexecutive roomfantastic staylovely roombreakfast was excellentstayed for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Having stayed at the hotel on New Year’s Eve 2010 for my girlfriend’s birthday when we were very impressed, we decided to return hoping it would be as good as the first time, it was!

The hotel is very impressive from the moment you enter, very modern and classically done.
All of the staff are friendly, efficient and helpful.

The room was a lovely, a good size and super walk in shower which my 2.5 year old son loved!

We were given a room on the 5th floor without asking as this would be the quietest part of the hotel and that was a nice touch.

Last time our rate did not included breakfast but this time it did. Having stayed in some great hotels, this was one of the best continental breakfasts I have ever had. The selection and quality was second to none and sets you up perfectly for the day.

This hotel is all about location, location, location, right in the centre of Windsor on the High Street and everything is within walking distance.

A truly wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Parking is expensive in Windsor, use River Street Car Park which is 5 minutes walk from the hotel, £12 for 24 hours.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Chris M
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear Mabmeister,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a glowing review following your stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel!

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay, particularly the team, your room and breakfast. We appreciate such a helpful review, particularly the tip regarding parking.

I will be delighted to share your feedback with the team as I know they will be encouraged by it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Macdonald Windsor Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

This hotel is located in a superb position in the heart of Windsor.
From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel welcome by all of the staff, from the concierge to the receptionist, to bar staff.
The room we stayed in was a "standard double" which we found to be far from "standard". A large 32" lcd tv, Bose sounddock, walk in rain shower, king size bed, the room was immaculate.
The breakfast which has had some poor reviews on trip advisor was lovely, service again was excellent and the full English breakfast was hot. Fantastic,a hotel that actually serves a cooked breakfast that isn't presented to you at room temperature!!!
Many thanks to all the staff for making our stay so lovely.
We will be returning later in 2012 with the rest of our family.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Garyadvisor

Dear Garyadvisor,

I was delighted to note that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. Please be assured that I have passed your comments to the team, as I know they will be encouraged by them.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 21 January 2012

A comfortable stay and friendly staff in particular the Scottish barman . We would return.

• Stayed: September 2011

Dear pand001,

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay, particularly the service you received - thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review.

We hope to welcome you back to the Macdonald Windsor Hotel when you are next planning to visit Windsor.

Reviewed 18 January 2012

Stayed at the Macdonald Windsor on New Years Eve for one night and booked one of the feature rooms as it was a special occasion. I had emailed the hotel asking if we could have a later check out but was told we would have to wait until checking in to see if this was available and if so it would be charged at £10 each extra hour. On checking in and enquiring we were able to check out at 12noon without any extra charge (normal check out 11am)

Having stayed in one of the standard double rooms when the hotel first opened and been impressed with the standard we did have quite high expectations of the feature room, but were somewhat dissapointed. Firstly the views out to Windsor castle were not particularly striking. We completely understand this is the old part of the hotel and therefore quirks and character is to be expected but you did have to stoop whilst in the room to see the castle, unless you were standing directly at the window. The bed was on a raised platform within the room and was fine but as for the rest of the room we couldn't ascertain what the feature was, probably because it was so dark!! There was one floor light next to a table and chair, a chaise at the bottom of the bed, coffee table stuck in the corner of the room so not of any practical use and a cabinet with a TV on. It didn't feel as if the room had been designed, more like some bits and pieces put together to fill a space, which it didnt, and one corner was very dark and dingy. The bathroom was fine, again adequate.

We went to the Green Olive for dinner, having dined here a few times in the Windsor and Henley restaurant and highly recommmend the experience. We would definitely stay at the Macdonald hotel again but would just book a standard room. We paid £175 for the feature room directly through the hotel, as a non refundable, no changes rate without breakfast. We have no qualms paying this price for a room deserved of it but this one didn't.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LondonKymani
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Dear LondonKymani,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Macdonald Windsor following your stay.

I was sorry to learn that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay, particularly your room, as it is one of our most popular guest bedrooms. I would be pleased to show you some alternative feature rooms on your next visit so that we may restore your confidence in the hotel.

Please do contact me when you are next planning a visit and I will be delighted to take care of the arrangements for you personally.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

This is a really charming hotel in the centre of Windsor. It is completely unassuming from the outside and yet inside it is contemporary with a lovely design and clean feel. The rooms are a really good size with everything you need. The service is great, very helpful. The food was really good and the location is just perfect. I also got a great rate on it. Having stayed in pretty much all the hotels opposite the castle, I like this one the best.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank Liketravelling37
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Dear Liketravelling37,

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay, particularly the location of the hotel, your room and the service you received - thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review.