“A Fine Valentine Break”

Macdonald Windsor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Windsor
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed for the valentine weekend and all was very good. Breakfast on both mornings was very good and the one evening we spent in the restaurant was equally good. For me, the bed was a little softer than I'd have liked but overall a lovely break in a quiet hotel, very close to the castle.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob-n-Pam
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the Macdonald Windsor Hotel following your recent stay.

I was delighted to note that you had such an enjoyable stay - we look forward to welcoming you back!

Beverley Molmans

Write a ReviewReviews (2,997)

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed here for one night in February. We arrived early about 10.00 and although check in was not till 2pm they found us an available room to check us straight in. Reception staff and concierge very pleasant and helpful. The room was lovely and comfortable although the handle did come off the bathroom door. We didn't eat there so cannot coment on this , we did however stop off in the bar for a night cap. Firstly we were charged an exhorbitant amount for two drinks and then we were told we couldn't sit in one area as some other guests had just popped out for a cigarette and would be returning to that table. Overall though a very pleasant experience.

1  Thank Steviec55

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the Macdonald Windsor following your stay with us.

I was pleased to learn that you were impressed with the hotel overall, however may I apologise for your disappointment with some aspects of your stay. Your comments have been shared with the team so that any similar lapses can be avoided.

I appreciate you bringing such constructive and helpful feedback to my attention.

We do hope to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

My husband and I stayed last week as were down to visit friends in the locale. We have stayed in countless hotels around the world and it takes quite a bit to impress us but I have to say, the staff at this hotel were worth their weight in salt. Happy, smiley, helpful and knowledgeable are just a few words to describe each and every staff member we encountered. How does one place have so many good staff when other hotels may just have one or two if any at all?

The room was well appointed and clean although we were far too hot. The air con was working overtime but apparently all we had to do was request someone to come and unlock the windows. Damn health and safety! The public areas are beautifully designed and the staff quick to serve food and drink anytime. The breakfast was fresh and tasty and the restaurant itself very comfortable and modern but didn't have that awful loud echo that most newly designed restaurants have.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely return. Particular thanks must go to the wonderful valet, concierge and receptionist we encountered. They were just excellent and I wish I knew their names so I could give them personal recognition. Thank you.

I would recommend this hotel to all types of visitors.

1  Thank kim g

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the Macdonald Windsor following your recent stay. I was delighted to learn of your enjoyment and that the team looked after you so well!

It was a pleasure to hear of your experience and I really appreciate you taking the time to share your view of the hotel.

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for my husbands birthday. It was perfect. The service from the reception staff was friendly and so helpful. They couldn't do enough for you. The room was spotless and very spacious. The bar was a lovely setting to have a beverage and a great atmosphere too. I would definitely stay again.we loved our romantic weekend away.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a glowing review following your stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel.

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your visit, in particular the service from the reception team, your room and bar experience. We appreciate such a helpful review.

I will be delighted to share your feedback with the team as I know they will be encouraged by it.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We had a wonderful night's stay here. The receptionist staff were welcoming, friendly and very helpful with all our queries. The restaurant staff are excellent too. We had dinner and breakfast and both were excellent. The food is absolutely delicious and has a lovely range of choices to suit everyone. We loved the extensive selection at breakfast as well - we both had cooked breakfasts and it was delicious. Our room was beautiful and had everything we needed for a restful stay. It is so luxurious. Love the heated floor in the bathroom. Also the day before was Valentine's Day and the suite had beautiful cupcakes in. I definitely recommend this hotel - our stay was perfect!

Room Tip: We have stayed twice and I must admit both rooms were excellent. We stayed this time on the fourth...
1  Thank coxleonie

Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit. I was really pleased to learn that you particularly enjoyed your room, but that you also received helpful service from the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Warm regards

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We spent our anniversary weekend here and it was just perfect! Our suite was fantastic and the staff had left us a card, cupcakes and our favourite wine to help us celebrate! The staff are so pleasant and helpful all over the hotel and Caleys food is superb. We stayed for 2 nights and had room service breakfast on the first morning. It was brought up promptly and was fresh and steaming hot. The dinners in the restaurant were to die for: filet steak, shin of beef, Sunday roast and the desserts are amazing too! I would highly recommend this hotel and it's amazing staff to anyone visiting Windsor! We can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit your review following your stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel – congratulations again on your anniversary!

I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay, particularly the helpfulness of the staff. Please be assured that I have passed your comments to them, as I know they will be encouraged by it.

We appreciate such a helpful review, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

A nice pleasant hotel with friendly staff. It's much bigger inside than it appears outside. Convenient location right on the high street opposite Windsor Castle. Check in was smooth. Was given a room on the first floor. Room was nice and every thing was in good condition. Nicely decorated too. Complimentary jug of water and free wifi. Didn't have any view though as the window opened up to some other building. Free wifi which was fast.

Very friendly staff in the lounge. Was working there with a colleague and we ordered some tea. We were also given some biscuits and scones to sample at no charge which was very nice.

Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit. I was really pleased to learn that the team were friendly and you enjoyed your room and lounge experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Warm regards