“This was my second stay here in 6 weeks . First trip on January a romantic Christmas break and second visit to celebrate a big b”

Macdonald Windsor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Windsor
GreenLeadersGold level
London UK
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

This was my 2nd stay in six weeks and I wouldn't stay anywhere else now when visiting windsor!
I had rang ahead with some specific requests all of which were met .
The hotel is beautiful,clean modern and in the best location.
We had afternoon tea when we arrived ,which was cheaper at £15 pp as I had pre booked on line at the time of booking.
It was amazing and as it was a birthday treat we were also given a complimentary glass of wine each.I had never seen so many cakes !
The bar/lounge area is a lovely place to chill out with a coffee or a drink from the extensive bar choice.
All the staff were polite and very helpful and the bedrooms are comfortable and modern.
I will definately stay here again and would highly recommend to anyone visiting windsor that this is the place to stay.
I also joined the macdonald membership and loyalty club which gives you special rates,a few perks and points to redeem for future stays in any of the hotels .
Thankyou for making my mums 70th birthday weekend so special ........
10/10 macdonald windsor !

• Stayed February 2014
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for submitting your review of your experience following your stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel for your mums birthday.

I enjoyed reading your review and appreciate the helpful details you provided. It is lovely to receive feedback of this nature and the team are always encouraged by it.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Beverley Molmans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Sale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Superb Hotel , All the staff so efficient and nothing too much trouble.
The food in the restaurant well compliments to the chef, you have to try the beef skewers.
The room so spacious and comfortable and had everything you need.
At breakfast all you could ask for.
First class staff, First class food from a first class hotel

2 Thank Davec1958
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit. I was really pleased to learn that the team looked after you well and you enjoyed food you experienced and your room.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Warm regards

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I have stayed in numerous hotels and the experience my husband and I had in staying at this hotel was second to none. The staff were outstanding, the service was perfect. The rooms were comfortable and had everything we needed. The location of the hotel is also great as it is close to everything, We had a lovely meal and the shops were great! I didn't expect to be so overwhelmed by the staff either but when they realised I am pregnant, we received a congratulations card and some very lovely cupcakes in our room and they also made sure we had a bath as well as a shower!! We will be back soon!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Sharon-Veritas
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of the Macdonald Windsor Hotel. I was really pleased to learn of your enjoyment and especially that you felt so well looked after by the team!

We appreciate such a detailed review and look forward to welcoming you back!

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My partner and I really enjoyed our stay in the Macdonald Windsor hotel, the service was great, Reception staff very helpful, ordered late room service and the food was excellent. The castle is very close by (pre book tickets online to save queuing), with lots of restaurants and shops in the area. You are charged for parking and you must reserve the parking before hand to save disappointment.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Beth C
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the Macdonald Windsor following your recent stay. I was delighted to learn of your enjoyment and that the team looked after you so well!

It was a pleasure to hear about your positive experience and I really appreciate you taking the time to share your view of the hotel.

Croston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for the valentine weekend and all was very good. Breakfast on both mornings was very good and the one evening we spent in the restaurant was equally good. For me, the bed was a little softer than I'd have liked but overall a lovely break in a quiet hotel, very close to the castle.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rob-n-Pam
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the Macdonald Windsor Hotel following your recent stay.

I was delighted to note that you had such an enjoyable stay - we look forward to welcoming you back!

London
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed here for one night in February. We arrived early about 10.00 and although check in was not till 2pm they found us an available room to check us straight in. Reception staff and concierge very pleasant and helpful. The room was lovely and comfortable although the handle did come off the bathroom door. We didn't eat there so cannot coment on this , we did however stop off in the bar for a night cap. Firstly we were charged an exhorbitant amount for two drinks and then we were told we couldn't sit in one area as some other guests had just popped out for a cigarette and would be returning to that table. Overall though a very pleasant experience.

1 Thank Steviec55
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the Macdonald Windsor following your stay with us.

I was pleased to learn that you were impressed with the hotel overall, however may I apologise for your disappointment with some aspects of your stay. Your comments have been shared with the team so that any similar lapses can be avoided.

I appreciate you bringing such constructive and helpful feedback to my attention.

We do hope to welcome you back to the hotel.

Kenilworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My husband and I stayed last week as were down to visit friends in the locale. We have stayed in countless hotels around the world and it takes quite a bit to impress us but I have to say, the staff at this hotel were worth their weight in salt. Happy, smiley, helpful and knowledgeable are just a few words to describe each and every staff member we encountered. How does one place have so many good staff when other hotels may just have one or two if any at all?

The room was well appointed and clean although we were far too hot. The air con was working overtime but apparently all we had to do was request someone to come and unlock the windows. Damn health and safety! The public areas are beautifully designed and the staff quick to serve food and drink anytime. The breakfast was fresh and tasty and the restaurant itself very comfortable and modern but didn't have that awful loud echo that most newly designed restaurants have.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely return. Particular thanks must go to the wonderful valet, concierge and receptionist we encountered. They were just excellent and I wish I knew their names so I could give them personal recognition. Thank you.

I would recommend this hotel to all types of visitors.

1 Thank kim g
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to hear of your experience and I really appreciate you taking the time to share your view of the hotel.