“Nice hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I was on a business trip here. Beautiful hotel alongside river thames. The view from my room was excellent. Staff was very courteous. The way to my room was a bit too long, however, the room size was amazing as well. Hotel is slightly on the expensive side as it is outside central london

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank traveller_one2014
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the Macdonald Windsor Hotel following your recent stay.

I was delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay - we hope to welcome you back soon!

Beverley Molmans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I booked this hotel at short notice due to a flight cancellation at Heathrow. The reservation agent was really helpful and friendly and my reservation was ready once I arrived at the hotel. I am familiar with the hotel as I used to live in Windsor. It is ideally located, almost opposite the castle. The hotel is pretty new and is not showing and signs of wear. The lobby is long and thin with a bar in it and is well used. There were a few dirty plates around which is not the best first impression. The front desk could be more efficient. Simple tasks take a bit long to service and I had to wait for other guests to be seen to first.
The room was very nice. It had all the amenities I was looking for. Windows don't open, there is air conditioning. The shower is walk in and very large. There was no bath. This did not bother me but could be an issue for some. My only complaint about the room was the really bright clock on the front of the TV. I had to construct a tower from hotel literature to block it out.
I didn't get a chance to sample breakfast as I had to leave at 5.30. The front desk did offer a room service option though.
Checkout, again, could have been a bit more efficient.
All in all, a very nice hotel. A little more focus on staff training and service and it could be top class.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of the Macdonald Windsor Hotel following your stay with us.

I appreciate you taking the time to provide such a detailed account and was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay overall. Please be assured that your concerns will be discussed with the team so that any similar disappointment could not be repeated.

I appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the clock on the TV your room, which I will be reviewing with our Maintenance Manager to see how we can avoid this kind of disturbance in future.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have stayed here on several occasions including valentines day and a birthday.The hotel is both luxurious and friendly.Food is just fabulous and afternoon tea to die for.The rooms are well furnished and comfortable.Nothing is too much trouble for the staff.A place you know you will enjoy and can spoil loved one with confidence..

Room Tip: Always state exactly your requirement when booking.Booking by phone is the best way for this.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit. I was really pleased to learn that the team looked after you and you enjoyed the food you experienced.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel recently for 2 nights over the bank holiday weekend in May with my husband and daughter, partly using Tesco Clubcard vouchers.

The staff were very helpful, courteous and friendly. They helped with arranging birthday treats for my husband in our room.

The rooms are tastefully decorated with nice furnishings and they had a "put-up" bed ready in our room for my daughter on arrival. Robes and slippers are provided in the room.

We ate in the restaurant on our first night and the food was delicious! The only thing I would say regarding the restaurant is that although the staff were very courteous, they were very slow and when we went down for breakfast on the bank holiday Monday, they didn't seem to have enough staff as it was extremely busy, supplies of food/drink were running out and it was a bit chaotic. The hotel must have been full as there was no room to dine in the restaurant and we were placed in a side room, which was fine, I didn't mind that at all. It was just a bit busy with not much order.

We also had drinks in the bar/lounge area on returning from a day at the races on Bank Holiday Monday and again the staff were very friendly.

We paid for parking on the second night which I found expensive at £28, however, the valet parking staff were excellent

Overall, a very nice stay and I would definitely stay here again and recommend the hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Macdonald Windsor Hotel following your stay with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us overall, despite the service shortfalls you experienced at breakfast. Please be assured that this has been reviewed with our Restaurant Manager, who has asked especially to be associated with my apology.

I was also sorry to note that you were disappointed with the parking charge. Parking is limited in Windsor, and we offer a full valet service. We would never intentionally hide our costs, and offer parking as an additional option when guests book with us. By pre-booking a parking space, we can assure guests of a smoother and easier arrival experience with porterage.

I appreciate the recommendation and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Kindest regards

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here last night when in Windsor for a former colleague's retirement do. Booked very much at the last minute (he and his wife were staying there too), and so I had no idea what to expect.
I was very pleasantly surprised with the high quality of the accommodation and service to match it. The room was large and spotless, the bed was very comfortable and breakfast was very good - what more could you ask for?
Oh yes, the valet parking was great value for money and avoided the hassle of trying to park in Windsor overnight.
Certainly a place to which we will return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit. I was really pleased to learn that you particularly enjoyed your room and breakfast experience, as well as the valet parking we offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I booked this as a surprise for my husband, one night away to savour time on our own. When we arrived the staff could not of been more helpful. The room was beautiful, everything we needed. We were given a complimentary platter and drinks as part of the booking, this was lovely. The staff were friendly at all times. Nothing was too much trouble. We dined in the steak restaurant, the food was amazing, perfect.
You would never know that you are right opposite Windsor Castle, it was so quiet.
I would recommend this to anyone, truly FANTASTIC!!! Thank you to all the staff for making it so special and relaxing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit. I was really pleased to learn that the team looked after you and you enjoyed your room and dining experience.

We appreciate the recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back!

chester
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

The welcome was exceptional
The staff couldn't be more helpful
Lovely touch of a refreshing welcoming drink
We used the parking service which was pricey but actually great value as the car was driven away and parked for you
The rooms were quiet even though the hotel is right opposite the Castle Entrance
Had great adjoining rooms which was handy as we have 3 kids

Stayed May 2014
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the Macdonald Windsor following your recent stay. I was delighted to learn of your enjoyment and that the team looked after you so well!

It was a pleasure to hear about your positive experience and I really appreciate you taking the time to share your view of the hotel.