“Great hotel *****”

Macdonald Windsor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Windsor
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here for one night and wished I was staying longer. First impressions were great, the location - well you can see Windsor castle while standing out the front of the hotel, step inside to a very warm and welcoming lobby with plenty of sofas. Check in was very fast and the staff very polite and informative.

Room, I stayed on level 3 and the room was very big, from the outside you wouldn't believe the size. Very clean and well presented, both the room and the bathroom. All the amenities you could need for a short stay. Bed and pillows very comfortable.

Breakfast in the morning was lovely, great service and very tasty food. Plenty of choice from the continental buffet to the menu.

Will defiantly be returning to this hotel, you can not fault it. The location and service were exceptional, worth every penny.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit. I was really pleased to learn that the team looked after you well and you enjoyed our location, your room and breakfast experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

There are newer reviews for Macdonald Windsor Hotel

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed here with my husband and 9 year old daughter. This hotel is lovely - fantastic location, the rooms are gorgeous (and nice and dark and quiet at night). We were greeted at reception by a lovely lady called Maggie who could not have been more helpful and friendly throughout our stay. The breakfast was beautiful and the concierge incredibly helpful.
I have to say that the only slight negative was that one or two of the male serving staff in the restaurant were a bit 'snooty' and appeared much more interested in attending to the needs of adult only parties and less tolerant of families, (and we have a well-behaved 9 year old who was supervised at all times). I only mentioned this because we experienced this on both mornings we stayed - so it seemed not to be an exception. Having said that, we would definitely stay again based on location, comfort and luxury. Also, given that there did seem to be a few families staying because of the proximity to Legoland.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

I was pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel recently, especially the welcome you received on arrival, your room and our location. I was however extremely sorry to note that you were disappointed with the service you experienced in the restaurant.

On receiving your feedback I have instigated a programme of retraining with the team to ensure that we continue to deliver the high standards our guests deserve - I would like to assure you that this is not the family focused level of service we usually pride ourselves in offering.

I appreciate receiving your constructive feedback and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel - indeed to contact me direct when you have a date in mind.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were impressed by the great reviews and were not disappointed. What a fabulous property. Lobby, rooms and location were first rate. The staff make the hotel. The Head Concierge David Lawson and his assistant Ford went out of their way to make our stay memorable. Nothing was too much. From the hauling of baggage to conditioner for my wife. Their top level of service has resolved us to frequent this chic chain of properties more frequently in the future. Highly recommend and the very best hotel out of 7 properties we stayed in during the course of our tour of Historic England. We are actually sad to leave!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the Macdonald Windsor following your recent stay. I was delighted to learn of your enjoyment and that the team looked after you so well!

It was a pleasure to hear of your experience and I really appreciate you taking the time to share your view of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Lovely looking, very modern hotel just a stones throw from Windsor Castle - Perfect we thought for a afternoon cup of tea and a cake. How wrong we were after waiting 20minutes for someone to ask us if we wanted anything and being told by the one waiter apparently working that he would get back to us we left!! Thirsty and hungry but luckily the excellent Mercure Windsor Castle Hotel saved the day!!

Upon leaving I was a little perplexed as to why we had to wait for so long to be served when there were about 6 people stood chatting behind reception!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AndySCFC
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Guest

It was with great concern that I received your review following your recent visit to the Macdonald Windsor Hotel for tea and cake.

May I sincerely apologise for your disappointment. On receiving your feedback, I have completed a full investigation into your comments with the team, who have asked especially to be associated with my apology.

Please be assured that your feedback is not at all reflective of our usual standards and a programme of retraining is underway to ensure that your disappointment could not be repeated.

I would appreciate the opportunity of restoring your confidence in the hotel - please do contact me directly (gm.windsor@macdonald-hotels.co.uk) should you wish to return so that I can take care of the arrangements for you personally.

We hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We just spent 10 days in England on the escorted tour staying in every city for 1 night, out of 10 hotels, this was absolutely THE BEST. I think that we were exceptionally lucky to stay at this hotel as part of our itinerary. You will not find a better location in Windsor and you will not find a better service in England and not just in Windsor. The rooms are modern, spacious, light and comfortable; rooms have safe, mini bar, robes, slippers, ironing board, tea set, large TV, modern shower with lavender soap, and more - everything you need after a day of activities. The restaurant is great, breakfast was delicious, bar service was excellent for dinner and very accommodating. We had a wonderful stay in the hotel and wished we had more nights to spend there. When in England, this will be our #1 choice. Thank you staff at Macdonald Windsor Hotel.

Room Tip: We were in standard rooms and they were great
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a glowing review following your visit to the Macdonald Windsor Hotel.

I was really pleased to learn that you had such an enjoyable stay and we appreciate such a helpful review.

I will be delighted to share your feedback with the team as I know they will be encouraged by it.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel with my husband and two children aged 5 and 6. It was a beautiful hotel in a perfect location. The service we received was exceptional. I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling for business, with friends or family. The food was lovely, the rooms were amazing and the staff were so attentive and welcoming. Highly recommend this hotel. We will definitely be staying again.

Room Tip: If you stay at the front of the hotel you have an amazing view of Windsor Castle. We were in rooms...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a glowing review following your stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel.

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your visit, in particular the service from the team, your room and the food you experienced. We appreciate such a helpful review.

We appreciate the recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel was first class in every way. All rooms were exceptionally clean and had every item that you may require had you not brought them with you. The staff were attentive to all your needs, David Lawson, head concierge could not do enough so that your stay at the hotel was memorable. The food was excellent and well presented Both my partner and myself would recommend this hotel to all our friends.

Room Tip: Our room number was 205 and if all the other rooms are the same as this one any room allocated would...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the Macdonald Windsor Hotel following your recent stay.

I was delighted to note that you had such an enjoyable stay - we look forward to welcoming you back!