“Excellent food and service”

Macdonald Windsor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Windsor
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Had a lovely dinner with my 2 other friends, quality of the meal and the service was excellent, Especially Lorand and Christina delivered us outstanding hospitality, we will definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hayri A
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thanks for submitting your review following your meal at the Macdonald Windsor.

It is lovely to receive feedback of this nature and the team are always encouraged by it.

There are newer reviews for Macdonald Windsor Hotel

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have stayed at the Macdonald in Windsor before and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff are extremely welcoming and made us feel very comfortable. The decor is excellent and they have done a fantastic conversion of the old John Lewis store. My only issue this time round was our room because this time both my wide and I stayed and the bed was barely big enough for the both of us. The room had very little natural light and so it always felt dark in there. Aside from this though, a great hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Macdonald Windsor Hotel following your stay with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the team welcoming.

I was however sorry to note that you were disappointed with your bedroom on this occasion. Please do contact me when you are next planning a visit so that we may ensure you are allocated a room with a larger bed and more natural light.

I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is a wonderful hotel within an easy walk to Windsor Castle and shops. The room and bathroom were a good size, spotlessly clean, furnished nicely with good mattress and bedding. Staff was very helpful and food was excellent

Room Tip: We got a wonderful package when we booked direct through hotel. It included a "sharing board&qu...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit. I was really pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed at the hotel this weekend for my wife's birthday and we found it to be very good, we had a classic room on level 4 that was spacious and well appointed. The bed was large and comfortable air conditioning good and if you looked out of the window at the side you could see Windsor palace. The bathroom had only a shower but it was a big walk in shower so no problem there.
We had DB&B deal with the hotel and the breakfast was again very good although the service could be on the slow side especially on Saturday morning. Dinner was also good on the first night, but on the second I had the salmon main course and it wasn't cooked through, they did offer to do another but by then the wife had nearly finished so I didn't bother.
The staff on the whole were very good attentive and cheerful, the valet parking man was a very nice chap and was always interested in what you were doing.
The main draw of this hotel is without doubt the location you walk out of the door and are straight in front of the castle with everything right on your doorstep.
Would I stay here again, yes defineatly the only thing stopping me giving it 5 is the dinner on the last night but everything else was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HobyJoby1

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the Macdonald Windsor following your stay with us.

I was pleased to learn that you were impressed with the hotel overall, however may I apologise for your disappointment with your salmon dish and the slow service you received at dinner. I would like to assure you that this has been addressed with our Restaurant Manager and Head Chef to ensure that any similar lapses cannot be repeated. I appreciate you bringing this matter to my attention.

We do hope to welcome you back soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I chose the Macdonald Windsor Hotel because of its location, I stayed in July with my elderly aunt to celebrate her 80th birthday. What a brilliant choice, the hotel was perfectly situated to enjoy all that Windsor and the surrounding area has to offer. The rooms were spacious, clean, comfortable, well lit and well heated. We enjoyed afternoon tea on our first day - oh what a treat and a "must do" the attitude of every staff member from the valet who parked our car through to the maître de was to ensure you not only felt special but that anything they could do they did. The quality of the food was superb we enjoyed a dinner bed and breakfast arrangement over three days and never had cause to question or fail to be impressed. I would genuinely recommend this wonderful hotel for any visitors to Windsor you will not fail to be impressed I promise. We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: To visit Windsor and enjoy the wonderful view book a front facing room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lorraine t

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the Macdonald Windsor following your recent stay. I was delighted to learn of your enjoyment and that the team looked after you so well!

It was a pleasure to hear of your experience and I really appreciate you taking the time to share your view of the hotel.

Best wishes

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here for one night and wished I was staying longer. First impressions were great, the location - well you can see Windsor castle while standing out the front of the hotel, step inside to a very warm and welcoming lobby with plenty of sofas. Check in was very fast and the staff very polite and informative.

Room, I stayed on level 3 and the room was very big, from the outside you wouldn't believe the size. Very clean and well presented, both the room and the bathroom. All the amenities you could need for a short stay. Bed and pillows very comfortable.

Breakfast in the morning was lovely, great service and very tasty food. Plenty of choice from the continental buffet to the menu.

Will defiantly be returning to this hotel, you can not fault it. The location and service were exceptional, worth every penny.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit. I was really pleased to learn that the team looked after you well and you enjoyed our location, your room and breakfast experience.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed here with my husband and 9 year old daughter. This hotel is lovely - fantastic location, the rooms are gorgeous (and nice and dark and quiet at night). We were greeted at reception by a lovely lady called Maggie who could not have been more helpful and friendly throughout our stay. The breakfast was beautiful and the concierge incredibly helpful.
I have to say that the only slight negative was that one or two of the male serving staff in the restaurant were a bit 'snooty' and appeared much more interested in attending to the needs of adult only parties and less tolerant of families, (and we have a well-behaved 9 year old who was supervised at all times). I only mentioned this because we experienced this on both mornings we stayed - so it seemed not to be an exception. Having said that, we would definitely stay again based on location, comfort and luxury. Also, given that there did seem to be a few families staying because of the proximity to Legoland.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

I was pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel recently, especially the welcome you received on arrival, your room and our location. I was however extremely sorry to note that you were disappointed with the service you experienced in the restaurant.

On receiving your feedback I have instigated a programme of retraining with the team to ensure that we continue to deliver the high standards our guests deserve - I would like to assure you that this is not the family focused level of service we usually pride ourselves in offering.

I appreciate receiving your constructive feedback and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel - indeed to contact me direct when you have a date in mind.