“Great Location, even better staff”

Macdonald Windsor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Windsor
GreenLeadersGold level
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Great Location, even better staff”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here for 1 night on a weekend break. Fantastic experience from dropping the car at the valet parking through to departure, including being able to leave the car in the car park until later on in the day after checkout. On a hot weekend the air conditioning throughout was especially welcome. Really nice and genuinely friendly staff. Room modern, contemporary in design, not much of a view but it was only a standard room. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Ideal location for shopping, sightseeing and evening entertainment. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the Macdonald Windsor Hotel following your recent stay.

I was delighted to note that you had such an enjoyable stay, especially our location and the design of the hotel.

It is great to know that the team were friendly and attentive and that you would recommend us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Beverley Molmans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
oxfordshire
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed for one night in this hotel as part of a short stay in Windsor. The hotel itself is really nicely furnished and we were really pleased with our room. All the staff at the hotel were extremely helpful and attentive, nothing was too much trouble. A few minutes after getting to our room on arrival, reception rang to check that all was ok. Little touches like that makes a guest feel very welcome. Would definitely stay again, and at other Macdonald Hotels if this is their standard.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit. I was really pleased to learn that the team looked after you and you enjoyed your bedroom.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed here as we were going to Legoland the next day. The hotel is decorated beautifully throughout, Very Modern decor. Our suite was lovely and clean and couldn't fault anything in it

The Staff on Arrival were very welcoming even having a drink and some nibbles for us to try, we also received a little kiddies goodie bag for our 2 year old. We were offered a table in the restaurant but decided to eat food in our room, but if breakfast is anything to go by i can imagine the food will be amazing.

As for breakfast there is nearly everything you could want, cereal, meats, cheeses, bread, croissants and pastries galore, loads of juice selection and a lovely very hot cooked breakfast. Served very quickly.

This Hotel is a must stay place if you are visiting Windsor as you exit the hotel on to Windsor High Street with the castle directly in front of you. Would recommend to all

Room Tip: Go for a suite they are stunning and have lovely sofa to relax after a hard day sightseeing or shopp...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for submitting your review of your experience following your stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel.

I enjoyed reading your review and appreciate the helpful details you provided. It is lovely to receive feedback of this nature and the team are always encouraged by it.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Brisbane
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here on our last night in England (before flying out of Heathrow). The concierge staff were so helpful with everything we needed to do, such as printing plane tickets, organising transfers etc. Their efficiency and friendliness made such a difference to our stay! The rooms were beautifully appointed and made for fantastic last night on holidays!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the Macdonald Windsor following your recent stay. I was delighted to learn of your enjoyment and that the team looked after you so well!

It was a pleasure to hear of your experience and I really appreciate you taking the time to share your view of the hotel.

Ripon
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had to stay a this hotel as it was the only one available with a wet room at a busy bank holiday weekend. The staff were friendly. the hotel was busy but we were able to park in the attended underground car park. the restaurant was booked up. When we ordered room service we received the wrong wine and our steak was thus cold. The in room breakfast arrived with several items missing. The following evening we ordered a glass of wine each and some bread. We were provided with a mixed board of meats and fish that we had not ordered. The staff insisted we had ordered it. Eventually they conceded and it was offered to us at no extra cost. The room was OK. I suspect the staff require further training in carrying out instructions. A chapter of accidents

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank mosaunders
Dear Guest

It was with great concern that I received your review following your recent stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel.

May I sincerely apologise for your disappointment with your stay. On receiving your feedback, I have completed a full investigation into your comments with the team, who have asked especially to be associated with my apology.

Please be assured that your feedback is not at all reflective of our usual standards and a programme of retraining is underway to ensure that your disappointment could not be repeated.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience with you - please do contact me directly (gm.windsor@macdonald-hotels.co.uk) so that I can reassure you personally.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel with my partner for a romantic weekend away. Couldn't fault the hotel at all and the staff are out of this world. They could not do enough for us and made us feel at home right from the off.

If you are going to Windsor then this is the place to stay. Definitely added to my favourite places to stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit.

I was really pleased to learn that the team looked after you, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Well, what a great place, and I'm not easy to please.

I travel extensively, and chose my hotels with care, add to that, the fact that I own a mystery shopping and customer service consultancy, I can be very very picky.

There was a slight niggle with my booking, and I became a bit frustrated trying to get through to reception, so was huffing and grumpy when I finally spoke to Adele on the front desk.
She kindly upgraded me as the hotel had irritated me and off I went to pack.

On the way to Windsor, I realised parking maybe a problem, so called ahead enroute and booked a space at the hotel carpark. A nice young man, who knew exactly who I was talked me through the valet parking and cost of £28 and explained the process.

On arrival, the hotel was a cool ( aircon bliss) oasis of calm in a hot, busy and bonkers Windsor in August.
Adele, the receptionist was delightful, a chap collected the bags from the carpark, our room was fabulous, complete with complimentary cake and welcome card.

We had dinner in their restaurant, with wonderful cocktails. Again, faultless service and attention to detail. Oh, and the food was great.

Although we were overlooking the main street the room was totally silent and relaxing thanks to the additional glazing and fancy curtains.

I think ladies should breakfast in their room, so i enjoyed room service and a lie in a huge bath, before wandering outside to watch the changing of the guard from outside the hotel door at 11am. All very lovely.

As someone who spends their entire working life obsessing about customer service, I think most businesses could learn a few things from this hotel and Adele on the desk.

It may seem a bit expensive, but it's worth every penny, and I for one was sad to leave, and will be returning soon, that's a promise.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the Macdonald Windsor following your recent stay. I was delighted to learn of your enjoyment and that Adele in particular looked after you so well!

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.