3,222 results
All reviews valet parking cupcakes opposite the castle lovely hotel car park high street perfect location cooked breakfast mini bar weekend break per night executive room would highly recommend this hotel fantastic stay breakfast was excellent lovely room stayed for one night
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Just celebrated our 35th Wedding Anniversary at Macdonald Windsor hotel. The staff couldn't have done any more for us to make this celebration so complete.Even down to a card congratulating us.
Reception and Concierge answered any questions we had, and helped us with booking tickets for the castle. The room was superb, clean with an amazingly comfortable bed!
We had the delicious afternoon tea. We also had an amazing steak in the evening, chateaubriand which melted in your mouth.
The weekend wasn't long enough for us, the only only draw back is that you have to pay for parking your car and putting extra weight in with the excellent food!!!
The location is perfect for all aspects of visiting Windsor. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MiniThailand
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit your review following your stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel – congratulations again on your anniversary!

I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay, particularly the helpfulness of the staff. Please be assured that I have passed your comments to them, as I know they will be encouraged by it.

We appreciate such a helpful review, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We booked a two night stay through Secret Escapes, with the view to visit LEGOLAND and Windsor Castle. On arrival we were very warmly greeted by valet parking staff, who parked our car and took our luggage to reception, where we were greeted by very friendly reception and conciege staff. Our room was lovely, very clean and modern, with a huge bed, huge bathroom and lots of fluffy towels and a range of toiletries. The bed was wonderfully comfortable and the blackout blinds worked a treat and so enabling a perfect nights sleep. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful, breakfast was lovely but service was quite slow at times, and you could tell the difference between the cooking from one day to another, which was a shame but this did not detract from the whole experience. Check out was very easy will the bill explained in full just in case we had a query, which we didn't. Maggie was wonderful and she really did go the extra mile to make sure we were happy with our stay. Will I return, absolutely, in a heartbeat.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the Macdonald Windsor following your recent stay. I was delighted to learn of your enjoyment and that the team, especially Maggie, looked after you so well!

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your view of the hotel and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel is brilliantly central and made a perfect weekend getaway. The rooms and public areas are extremely clean and well maintained. Lovely refreshing complimentary drinks and snacks in the lobby, although sadly the cookie jar seemed permanently empty. The most comfortable beds and nicely sized rooms.

Staffing was odd. Twice out of 2 trips to the bar area, we seemed to go unnoticed - firstly at the cocktail bar in the afternoon it took an age and a seat move to get served, and secondly at breakfast there were plenty of staff whizzing around but no one acknowledged us and we simply sat ourselves down without anyone checking whether we had paid or our room number! The staff who we did deal with were very friendly though.

Parking is £28 so we parked in Alexandra Car Park (you can pay by mobile which is really handy as you can only pay until midnight. There is a landline number on the ticket machine and you register your mobile, card and number plate with it (you have to make 3 separate calls) but once registered you can pay for that day and then restart the payment at 9am again by simply calling the number again rather than having to physically dash out to the car park. To stop the charges you ring up again. The daily rate was up to £7.50 and we were able to leave the car for a full second day whereas the hotel was only available until 11am. Suitable for us for one night, possibly an issue if carrying heavy cases or limited mobility as it was a 10 min walk. The street is so busy I can't imagine being able to do a drop off.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

I was pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel recently, especially your bedroom and the cleanliness of the hotel. I was however extremely sorry to note that you were disappointed with the service you experienced in the bar and at breakfast.

On receiving your feedback I have instigated a programme of retraining with the team to ensure that we continue to deliver the high standards our guests deserve.

I appreciate receiving your constructive feedback and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel - indeed to contact me directly when you have a date in mind.

Warm regards

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Hotel staff were very professional and would go out of their way to assist us with our requests. We asked for an extra child bed and it was installed in our room within minutes. Rooms are very clean and somewhat modern. The hotel breakfast is a standout, highly recommended.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ADMNG

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit your review following your stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I generally find the hotels in Eton and Windsor below average quality, but this is by far the best one I've used in this area. 3rd time for me here.
Hotel is new and clean. Rooms are not spacious but clean and comfortable. The rooms can be noisy especially from the sounds in the corridor. They have several swinging doors in the corridor that are very noisy.
Food is OK, but not many choices, especially if you're a vegetarian or vegan. Food can take a looooong time especially if the restaurant is full. If the restaurant is crowded you're better off going somewhere else unless you have nothing to do.

Pros
- Hotel is new. Rooms a re clean and comfy.
- Staff are friendly.
- Splendid location just opposite the castle.
- Fast free wifi.

Cons
- Service in the restaurant (and room service) is very slow.
- Not many choices on the menu.
- Noisy corridors. Doors don't keep the noise out.
- Poor loyalty programme.

Room tip: If your room is next to one of these swinging doors in the corridor then make sure you keep that door open before you go to sleep or you won't have a peaceful sleep. Even better, get a room away from those doors.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Hazem E

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the Macdonald Windsor following your stay with us.

I was pleased to learn that you were impressed with the hotel overall, however may I apologise for your disappointment with the shortfalls you experienced. Your comments have been shared with the team so that any similar lapses can be avoided.

I appreciate you bringing such constructive and helpful feedback to my attention.

We do hope to welcome you back to the hotel.