Macdonald Windsor Hotel
The Oakley Court(Windsor)
US$235
US$223
Orbitz.com
The George Inn(Eton)(Great Value!)
US$170
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
US$107
  • Restaurant
The Union Inn(Old Windsor)(Great Value!)
US$97
Hotwire.com
3,053 results
All reviewsvalet parkingcupcakesopposite the castlelovely hotelcar parkhigh streetperfect locationcooked breakfastmini barweekend breakwould highly recommend this hotellovely touchexecutive roomfantastic staylovely roombreakfast was excellentstayed for one night
Reviewed 29 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night. I booked the feature room including balcony with castle views. The balcony is not large and doesn't really give space to sit outside but as a place to stand and admire the view, and look down on the soldiers marching along the street in the morning it was great. The room itself was large, spacious and really well appointed. Two televisions, good sized bathroom with separate showers and bath. We didn't ask for the turn down service but it happened and when we arrived back from our meal out it was such a nice surprise - I'll be asking for this in the future. Breakfast (eggs benedict) was great in the morning. For a central hotel close to the attractions of Windsor I think it would be difficult to beat here.

The only criticism is the arrival by car as this is done at the rear of the hotel which I can fully understand as its an old building and there isn't the space at the front but when you're paying £400+ for a room you don't expect to pull in with the car next to a bin store. Although it is a criticism don't let it put you off staying here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank snKits
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Macdonald Windsor Hotel following your stay with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the team helpful and your room comfortable.

I was sorry to note that you were disappointed with your arrival experience and I appreciate your constructive feedback. I will be reviewing this aspect of the hotel to avoid any future disappointment.

I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Stayed here as part of a corporate event. The food was good, and the staff were attentive. The hotel it self is conveniently located directly opposite Windsor castle.

I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the Macdonald Windsor Hotel following your recent stay.

I was delighted to note that you had such an enjoyable stay - we look forward to welcoming you back!

Best wishes

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We had a lovely stay. Wonderful location and the staff can't do enough for you. The rooms are really well decorated and quiet. Comfortable beds. Would definitely go back. Just don't drink at the bar, rather expensive!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit. I was really pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Just returned from a break in the UK and had booked this hotel for our first night as LEGOLAND was in close proximity for onward travel the next day. I made the booking initially (direct with MacDonald's) for a double room with an additional bed for my 5 year old son however, I was persuaded to upgrade to an Executive Double. I was told the room would be more spacious and would have add-ons like 20% off their restaurant, free tea & coffee, upgraded toiletries etc. I again checked before confirming & paying (extra for the Executive Double) for the booking that there would be an additional bed for my son. Having read previous reviews I was really looking forward to our stay here. On arrival reception/bar area was very congested and it was difficult to navigate our way through. When we got to our room, I was amazed to find that there were two single beds. What happened to the Executive Double with an additional single I asked myself?!!On the plus side the room was spacious with a great big bathroom. I decided to speak to Reception to see if there had been some mix up with the booking. I also spotted some wrappings from a previous guests' sanitary products under the desk. (I advised the receptionist of this and she thanked me for letting her know). These are the attention to detail things that make or break an establishment. I advised reception of my bed dilemma and the gentleman there suggested pushing the two single beds together. Not what I wanted to hear so I asked if they had another room available. Up to the 5th floor next. Yes we got the double bed (not overly large) in a much smaller room than before with a tiny bathroom. (With some black mould around the shower door over the bath) That was before an attendant arrived to put up a fold down single bed for my son. To say we couldn't swing a cat was an understatement! Tiredness from a long day travelling prevented me from pursuing this matter any further. We decided to have a wander around Windsor and came back to the hotel and availed of the free tea/coffee voucher. I have to say, the staff on bar/restaurant duty were very pleasant, even offering a hot chocolate to my son instead of tea. This was very much appreciated. We reserved a table for dinner that evening and again credit where it is due the food was divine and we had great service. It was only next morning that I realised that they had not deducted the 20% discount from the food bill. On checking out I pointed this out and after much ado received a refund. Breakfast was just above average compared to the food the night before. I had planned to return to the same hotel after our few nights in LEGOLAND but based on my experience I decided to take my custom to another hotel. I will end with another positive, the location is superb and the hotel is very tastefully decorated.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank traveldoll11

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the Macdonald Windsor Hotel following your recent stay.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed some aspects of your stay, however I was extremely sorry to note that we failed to meet your expectations overall on this occasion.

I would like to assure you that your experience is not at all reflective of our usual high standards and I will be personally completed a retraining programme with the team so that your experience could not be repeated.

I hope that with my reassurance, you will return to the Macdonald Windsor. Do contact me direct when you are planning a visit and I would be delighted to take care of the arrangements for you.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Having just come back from a weekend with my boyfriend to this wonderful hotel, i honestly cannot praise it enough. Right from the word go we were treated really well by staff, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are clean and spacious, and the lounge and bar areas are comfortable, modern and well equipped. The location is great for the castle, shopping and to hit the bars. Felt like a 5* star break and cant wait to come back one day.

Thank you to all the staff who catered for our needs over the bank holiday weekend, and for helping my boyfriend produce the most gorgeous display of flowers in the room too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit. I was really pleased to learn that the team looked after you well and you enjoyed your room, bar areas and our location.

We look forward to welcoming you back!