The Royal Adelaide Hotel
    • Bar/Lounge
    Oscar Lodge(Windsor)
    • Free Internet
    View Hotel
    All reviewslong walkcar parkshort walk into townnice hoteleggs benedictsingle roomair conper nightbreakfast was includedold buildingpleasant stayfull englishwould stay againwindsor centrenice bathroompre bookshort break
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 13 March 2014

Looking for a hotel in Windsor late on a Tuesday night after previous booking let me down. Chose this hotel as a total desperate risk and didn't check reviews.
    Turned up and was greeted by a very helpful young man who assisted me with a number of queries. As others have noted car park is £15 but as late booking was more than happy with this as lets be honest I find its advertised on their site so not being secretive.
    I booked a single room which was absolutely wonderful and clean. Strangely when I stay at hotels I don't want or expect acres of land in my bedroom, this was absolutely fine and prefer cleanliness - this place was spotless.
    Had drink in bar which was quiet but staff very helpful.
    Had wonderful nights sleep. Breakfast was great, very well prepared. One thing I would like to mention though is the lady staff member on the day who over sees breakfast. She was in my opinion quite superb and should set up her own business in training staff across UK.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
    Adelaidehotel, General Manager at The Royal Adelaide Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Guest.
    Many thanks for your review on the trip advisor site. I am very pleased to read that we could make your stay a comfortable one and that you found our facilities and service of a high standard. I shall pass your comments on to everyone involved in your stay. Kid regards Philipp Weiss – General Manager

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I booked a one night stay here so that we could see something of Windsor before dropping a friend at Heathrow airport. From checking in to departure the staff couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. We were travelling with a 4-month old and they were quick to offer assistance with bags and upgraded our room to a standard double at no cost. Rooms are small but clean and comfortable and have air conditioning - which is essential as they were hot even in February. The hotel is in a great location, 5 minutes from the castle along the impressive Royal Walk and 10 minutes to the centre of Windsor, 20 minutes to Eton.

• Stayed: February 2014
    Reviewed 24 February 2014

Purpose of the visit was to meet my best friend for lunch and show my BF Windsor. The weather was on our side. We were apparently informed that we couldn't book in before 3. We arrived at around 12-15 and our room was ready and available. Parking was allocated for which the charge was £15 per day. We were in the annexe at the back of the hotel. The room was extremely small, the bathroom modern with all amenities. Usual coffee/tea and mini toiletries provided. Two tiny little biscuits on the coffee tray. The shower was warm, pressure was good, and the radiator was on in the bathroom providing nice warm towels. The toilet around the seat area should have been cleaned better. The staff were polite and well groomed. Whilst waiting for my BF in the hotel lobby I did see that the white skirting boards as well as some white painted doors were very badly marked and scuffed. Breakfast was served between 8-10 which we missed. When I called reception they said toast was available but nothing more. It would be nice to have breakfast hours extended over the weekend for weekend travelers. Short distance to the town centre and Windsor castle. Overall service, quality, appearance was good.

Room Tip: The room in the annexe was extremely small, and if there are bigger rooms it would be more comfortable for more than one person, to have a bigger room.
    • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on 18/2/14 for 1 night.

We had reserved a car parking space and got parked straight away. The hotel is in a good location in Windsor and easy to find.

Check in was straight forward and the check in staff were welcoming.

We had the four poster room. The room was a decent size, bathroom was a decent size and shower very hot (which is always a good sign)

The bed was very comfy and whole room very clean. Yes there are a couple of water marks on the ceiling (which others have commented on) but it didn't bother me - it's an old building it's bound to happen.

The staff were also very helpful in arranging a taxi for us as we were dining in Bray.

The room does get very hot during the night but there was an air con facility so that was fine.

Breakfast is served in the bar area and was very nice. Plenty of options to choose from including a veggie full English.

All in all I can't complain, this was a pleasant stay for the money we paid £109.00 for two people including breakfast, in a lovely part of Windsor is a bargain really.

I would stay again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Parking we prebooked which is a must as you won't find anywhere. Tips for the hotel give guest the car park code prior to arrival as awkward to run in leave car to get a code to park.

Food - was disappointed with the evening meal as expected proper chips from a 4 star not frozen and I found the food very bland. Not good value for money . The breakfast on the other hand was really nice .

Rooms- looked at 2 as first one wwas shower only and both were large so don't understand others comments on small rooms.

Excellent service from who I think is the manager originally from Sheffield, you know who you are whose manner and service was excellent top marks couldn't do enough for us.

• Stayed: February 2014