“Mixed view”

The Royal Adelaide Hotel
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 5 days while on business. Great location. Really friendly & helpful staff. Just avoid room 9 - single booking. Very very small & hot. Should not be rented out at all. Other rooms were fine. Breakfast was fine as I don't like hot breakfasts. Juice should rather be freshly squeezed. Nuts would be great too. And maybe flapjacks with berries & honey
Overall a lovely little place with great staff

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank TravelBabeSA

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Ideal location for Windsor Castle and a short walk to the town centre. Difficult to find parking nearby and the hotel charges £15 per day with limited spaces. Much improved experience at breakfast which was a mixture of continental buffet plus English breakfast waitress served. Much better waitress staff than my last visit to the pont of excellence. Rooms vary a lot and sme need a bit of updating, but good value generally. No lifts so stairs to walk. Watch for the 2% credit card charge which is rare and unnecessary nowadays. Rooms have air conditioning.

Room Tip: Book parking or finding it elsewhere is hard. Upgraded rooms are larger with larger bathrooms. If y...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I booked this hotel, on behalf of a group of 20, for a hen weekend in Windsor. I was a little nervous about it as I had read some not so great reviews on here but my experience was been nothing but positive.

When I stay anywhere the two big things I look at are the cleanliness and the customer service, as I find if these are both good, then I'm generally not bothered about other trivial things. I can honestly say that the customer service I received from start to finish, from all staff, was exemplary. I had numerous emails back and forth with Lorraine the events co-ordinater, as well as with the Manager of the hotel, Phillip. They were both knowledgable and helpful and made my job of organising a large group, much easier. The staff on the front desk as well as the waiting staff were very friendly and polite, with a special mention to Adam from reception and the young man who helped him at short notice, to move chairs and tables back and forth from our lounge space.

As a group, we used 11 bedrooms as well as being provided with our own private lounge space for he duration of our stay. Yes, the bedrooms did differ in size, but there were no complaints from anyone in our party about this. All rooms were clean and nicely decorated with fresh towels and toiletries provided daily. My own room had air conditioning (I think most if not all do) and I found this very useful as it was quite warm while we stayed there. Part of our package was the lounge and this was fantastic as we had somewhere to sit and relax as a group and have drinks in before we went out for the night. Ice was provided on request as well as glasses or anything else really.. We just had to ask!

Great Windsor park is just over the road from the Hotel and this provided my group with somewhere to sit in the sun with a great view of the castle in the background. Central Windsor (to the castle) is only a 10-15 minute walk away, which is nice and easy, though taxis are easily booked through the hotel if needed.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to couples or groups and would happily stay there again myself.

Thank you to all the staff for making our stay so great!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bluejeansmum
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights whilst visiting Ascot
The hotel was comfortable but not suitable for handicapped as there is no lift.
There is a small car park with a daily charge
The hotel is just a short distance from the long walk/drive to Windsor castle and is only a short walk into the town centre
Staff were friendly and service good

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel, check in very easy. Young man on reception very helpful took our bags whilst we parked and answered any questions we had. The only thing that seriously let's this place down is breakfast....one slice of toast each brought to us on a saucer! One white and one brown no offer of what we would like!! Lovely little pots of tip tree jam and preserves on table yet scrambled egg out of a packet left congealing on the buffet no offer of how we would like our eggs what I would expect in a four star!!Cheap fatty bacon sitting in fat. Beans,mushrooms and sausages ok. Milk was UHT and warm making our cereal inedible!! Great clean room, good location and price just a shame the 2 star breakfast lets this place down!!

Stayed: June 2014
Adelaidehotel, General Manager at The Royal Adelaide Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest.
Many thanks for your review; I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the staff and service very friendly. In reference to the buffet breakfast I can only apologise for the lack of freshness and quality – this has been discussed with our operations manager and I am confident we will not see a re-occurrence of a similar nature. Yours sincerely Philipp Weiss

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Little gem,with lovely staff. We stayed here for 2 nights as a group of 12 ladies going to the races for my daughters hen party.We had the sole use of a very comfortable lounge,which meant we could relax and socialise on a very busy weekend,and not worry about disturbing other guests.We could see the horse drawn carriages going through the long walk from the lounge,lovely.
All the staff were so helpful despite it being a very busy weekend,the cleaners,reception staff, Jack who looked after our lounge and the lady who looked after us at breakfast were all so friendly.
I would definitely recommend this hotel,my dtr and I stayed in room 8 which overlooked the street and had lovely french windows

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Have just returned from staying 2 nights here whilst visiting Royal Ascot.I found the staff to be very friendly and efficient,and organizing taxis to transport 8 people to ascot and back was done with no problems at all.The rooms were clean,tidy and while not overly large were perfectly adequate.The hotel is a charming old building with all the quirks and oddities you expect from a building of this age.The car park is small with narrow parking spaces and very little room to manouvre(in fact I watched as another resident had to climb into his car through his passenger door as the car parked next to him was so close he could not open the drivers door).My one dissapointment with the hotel was the breakfasts.The first day was okay but not what you would expect from a 4 star hotel but the breakfast today was a disgrace.Arrived at 9 am and we were offered toast and tea or coffee straightaway.A buffet style breakfast that no bacon,egg,beans and non were added to the receptacles while we sat there.I know that the hotel was providing a champagne breakfast for coach of ladies attending ladies day but dare I suggest that you don't forget your other paying customers.However apart from the breakfast the hotel is perfectly fine and when visiting the Windsor area again I would certainly stay again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends