“Excellent hotel - not dissapointed”

The Royal Adelaide Hotel
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Windsor
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel - not dissapointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I visited the hotel on the 29th July 2014 for 2 nights. We booked it last minute on hotels.com. We were visiting from Lancashire, had never been before but with an unexpected babysitter on hand we decided to book and hope for the best.
We booked a small double room and when we arrived we had a lovely welcome and impressions were good. I have to admit the room was quite small but completely clean and the bathroom was very modern. The bed however us not a standard double bed. It was probably a 3/4 size bed.
BUT...that aside it was great.
It is literally a 10 minute walk to the centre of Windsor and the Castle is definitely worth a visit.
Our first morning for breakfast we were served by a young lad called Joe, he was the most polite but relaxed waiter I have ever come across for someone his age. (young). He was very attentive, polite and professional. If you wanted a full English its brought to your table, it is not a buffet style.
All in all we didn't have a bad word to say about the hotel other than drink prices are not what we experience up north. But that's what you get the further down south you go :-)
Definitely worth a visit

Room Tip: We were in room 40 (small bed and small room but perfect for a couple of nights)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Adelaidehotel, General Manager at The Royal Adelaide Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Guest. Many thanks for your review, I am delighted to read that you had a comfortable stay with us, I shall pass your comments on to everyone involved. Kind regards Philipp Weiss General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I have come to this hotel as we enjoyed it the first time but it was an expensive mistake and would advise anyone to not park in the adelaide car park as when you return to your car you may be faced with a nasty surprise to your car like I was! I left my car at 2 sat returned to it on sun at 10 to see someone had scratched the side of my car. I went straight to reception to be told they would look at the 24hour CCTV and get back to me. After ringing twice I was told they didn't see anything, so now I'm left with damage to my car and no one admitting to it. I can't believe it wasn't recorded on camera but I have no comeback whatsoever and a staff car that had a mark on it coinciding with the damage to my car apparantly had nothing to do with it. Am so cross about it but I'm left with no answers so my advice to anyone thinking of going to the adelaide is don't!!

• Stayed August 2014
4 Thank samantha r
Adelaidehotel, General Manager at The Royal Adelaide Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Guest.
Many thanks for your review on the trip advisor site for others to be enjoyed. As per your review we managed to look at the CCTV only to find that no one had parked next to your car (the damaged side). The staff car in question is a black car and the marks on your car unfortunately are white or silver. As per my emails to you we are happy to assist with any questions and queries you might have however the damage to your car on our premises can be ruled out. I would like to thank you for contacting myself as we are always keen to help our guests/customers out with any motoring problems they might have. Yours sincerely. Philipp Weiss General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Windsor hotels

England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

The hotel is well maintained and of a generally good standard. We stayed in room 10, which was compact. The bathroom fittings were of good quality but the bathroom itself is so bijou it was quite awkward to enter then close the door. The advantage of The Royal Adelaide is its proximity to the town centre and castle. Bonus points: helpful staff and the breakfast, which included fresh fruit. Un-bonus points: £15 parking and gurgling air-conditioning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Flaneur47
cheshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

A good location and just a short walk into town centre . We stayed in Windsor on a very busy weekend . We originally booked on late rooms but phoned the hotel directly and upgraded for a not much more money . The room was spacious and clean . My only criticism is the coffee table in our room was badly marked and stained. Attention to detail has been overlooked . Car parking is limited in Windsor but the hotel has it's own car park which was an extra £15.00 ( well worth it as there is no where else to park near the hotel ( all resident parking)
The hotel was full but it did not feel full and we saw very few residents. I suspect it was due to the Windsor triathlon and the hotel had its share of triathletes who were either resting or competing early am ( including our son ). Breakfast was good with good quality ingredients especially the sausages and bacon . This hotel is good value for money but attention to detail has been overlooked .

Room Tip: Upgrade directly with hotel if booked on late rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 5 days while on business. Great location. Really friendly & helpful staff. Just avoid room 9 - single booking. Very very small & hot. Should not be rented out at all. Other rooms were fine. Breakfast was fine as I don't like hot breakfasts. Juice should rather be freshly squeezed. Nuts would be great too. And maybe flapjacks with berries & honey
Overall a lovely little place with great staff

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank TravelBabeSA
Exeter, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Ideal location for Windsor Castle and a short walk to the town centre. Difficult to find parking nearby and the hotel charges £15 per day with limited spaces. Much improved experience at breakfast which was a mixture of continental buffet plus English breakfast waitress served. Much better waitress staff than my last visit to the pont of excellence. Rooms vary a lot and sme need a bit of updating, but good value generally. No lifts so stairs to walk. Watch for the 2% credit card charge which is rare and unnecessary nowadays. Rooms have air conditioning.

Room Tip: Book parking or finding it elsewhere is hard. Upgraded rooms are larger with larger bathrooms. If y...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I booked this hotel, on behalf of a group of 20, for a hen weekend in Windsor. I was a little nervous about it as I had read some not so great reviews on here but my experience was been nothing but positive.

When I stay anywhere the two big things I look at are the cleanliness and the customer service, as I find if these are both good, then I'm generally not bothered about other trivial things. I can honestly say that the customer service I received from start to finish, from all staff, was exemplary. I had numerous emails back and forth with Lorraine the events co-ordinater, as well as with the Manager of the hotel, Phillip. They were both knowledgable and helpful and made my job of organising a large group, much easier. The staff on the front desk as well as the waiting staff were very friendly and polite, with a special mention to Adam from reception and the young man who helped him at short notice, to move chairs and tables back and forth from our lounge space.

As a group, we used 11 bedrooms as well as being provided with our own private lounge space for he duration of our stay. Yes, the bedrooms did differ in size, but there were no complaints from anyone in our party about this. All rooms were clean and nicely decorated with fresh towels and toiletries provided daily. My own room had air conditioning (I think most if not all do) and I found this very useful as it was quite warm while we stayed there. Part of our package was the lounge and this was fantastic as we had somewhere to sit and relax as a group and have drinks in before we went out for the night. Ice was provided on request as well as glasses or anything else really.. We just had to ask!

Great Windsor park is just over the road from the Hotel and this provided my group with somewhere to sit in the sun with a great view of the castle in the background. Central Windsor (to the castle) is only a 10-15 minute walk away, which is nice and easy, though taxis are easily booked through the hotel if needed.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to couples or groups and would happily stay there again myself.

Thank you to all the staff for making our stay so great!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends