“Great location”

The Oakley Court
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Windsor
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel over the Easter period it a lovely hotel well maintained and helpful staff, the rooms were very big and well furnished. The hotel is set in beautiful grounds right by the river.
It's located very close to Windsor so perfect for sight seeing. The only let down was the food although the breakfast was very good and a lot to choose from we had room service one evening there was not a lot to choose from and it wasn't great, so for evening meals I would suggest you eat elsewhere. The leisure centre and spa were very nice And I had a couple of treatments which were very relaxing. I would recommend this hotel for a relaxing break and a great base for sight seeing and theme parks.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Richard S, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

I am pleased to read that you recommend The Oakley Court Hotel for a relaxing break however I am sorry to note that you were disappointed with our room service menu. Thank you for your review as it is only through your valuable feedback and comments that we can improve our service and operations in the future.

There are newer reviews for The Oakley Court

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Very good service from friendly staff. Rooms are a good size. Only stayed one night and arrived late so didn't see too much of the hotel, but the main building is impressive.
Good breakfast choice. No problems or complaints.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you and we hope you return in the near future.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

We staye at the Oakely for our anniversery. I booked this for a suprise for my wife and boy was she impressed.
The grounds leading to the hotel were very impressive. There was ample car parking facilities but it always gets busy.
Check in was simple and we were shown to our room. Our room was not in the main building but to the adjacent building.
At first was a little dissapointed but when we were shown our room I was convinced. Our room had a view of the Thames, what more could I have askd for?
The room was grand in decor and had all the usual facilities.
We stayed Bed & Breakfast and the breakfast was fine, no problems with ampl food for all the guests.
We also made use of the on site pool which is indoors with a jacuzzi. It was perefect and not too busy. There is also a gym next door which are all free of charge with the room booking.
We ventured into Windor which was only a few mins drive and a 15min walk to town.
Winsor is an amazing town with many boutiqe shops and lovely restuarants.
Theres loads to do we took a boa on the thames which was great but raining.
I would recommend this hotel to all, our stay was very relaxing.

Room Tip: If you stay in the other complex ensure it is on floor 1. Best views
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for recomending the Oakley Court Hotel and for your valued review. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I recently returned to stay at the Oakley Court Hotel to celebrate a 40th Birthday - Many years ago I had been a regular at the Oakley Court, and I mean regular - I think I spent over 500 nights on an Oakley bed. I wish I could say back then money was not an issue but the truth was I was a young waiter working and living on the Oakley Court estate. So for me this really was a trip down memory lane.

We arrived on at the hotel at about 3pm on the Saturday afternoon and were greeted by the doorman with a glass of champagne - this was not just for our party it was offered to all guests arriving. I am not sure if this is something that is done daily or at weekends only or if this was special occasion!? either way it was a nice touch.

There was nobody in front of us reception so we checked straight in - check in was an easy and speedy process with the receptionist wishing a Happy Birthday to the friend who's birthday were were celebrating.

We were staying in room 5 which is in the main building - this was a beautiful room with views over the grounds - free wifi - iPod dock - two, what looked to be, brand new bathrobes and according to the good lady - lovely toiletries in the bathroom.

I took my girlfriend on a tour of the grounds to bore her with stories of my days as a waiter there, the grounds are beautiful and the stretch of The Thames that the hotel rest on are just a scenic.

We headed back to the main house to meet up with the rest of our group and relax in the lounge and then into the billiard room for a few games of snooker. The bar and lounge staff were all very polite and courteous and nothing was too much trouble - that said we were not really asking for anything other than drinks from the bar - but the bartender would insist on bring them to the table or billiard room for us and not just serve them to us to carry ourselves - don't remember his name but i remember being very jealous of his ability to wear a moustache - seriously people, he rocked it!

We all headed back to our rooms to freshen up for diner and the met up again about 8pm in the dining room. The service was friendly, prompt and the right balance of keeping wine glasses topped up and checking all was in order and leaving you alone to enjoy your night - Good service is always a pleasure but sometimes I find restaurant staff can be too attentive and it can be frustrating to break conversation every few minutes - non of that here, it was spot on!

The food was good - no more no less, nothing too clever.

We moved to the lounge for coffee but decided on a few wines before heading to bed - apparently there was a wedding in one of the function rooms but I can honestly say I didn't see anybody that appeared to be from the wedding party - just saying that there was no noise from the wedding or wedding guests that I heard.

Good night sleep - followed by a power shower and down to breakfast - as we were a group who wanted to sit together we had to wait for a table - we waited no more than 8-10 minutes before being told our table was ready. Self service breakfast with pretty much all you can ask for - cooked - continental - fruits and cereals etc. Checkout was as simple as check in and we were off - lovely night all round.

Now some extra information -

I do not normally review places - it is just not something I do, but I felt I had to on this occasion and here is why.

Because I had history with Oakley Court I wanted to show my girlfriend where we were staying and googled it and up popped the trip advisor site. There are some reviews here that I found to be shocking and I was wondering had things changed that much - the truth is NO - the hotel, staff, food, service and facilities are as lovely as ever! What also has not changed is people - as anybody who has worked in the service industry knows is that people can be very strange and to add to that, there are the professional complainers and reading these negative reviews is a second trip down memory lane.

I find that many people do not know how to behave or what to expect when staying in hotels, what is appropriate and what is not. I did hear also the hotel was in administration so asked the staff what the situation was - It would appear that the holding company is indeed administration but this is not connected with the hotel or its performance, in-fact a little digging will show that this hotel is performing financially better than it ever has!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank andyp771

Thank you for taking the time to post your complimentary review on Trip Advisor. It is good to hear that we have provided such a positive guest experience. Our constant goal is to exceed our guests' expectations and provide them with a memorable stay.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

We just returned from 2 day break at the stunning Oakley Court in Windsor, what a fantasic stay we had, the hotel itself is lovely, the room was spacious with a stunning view of the River Thames,

We decided to venture into Windsor and the chap on the Concierge desk was extremely helpful and nothing was to much trouble in assisting us to plan our day.On return to the hotel we spent the afternoon relaxing using the lesuire facilities / pool before a enjoying a wonderful dinner in the restaurant - after reading some of the reviews on here prior to our stay i was a little dubious, however i would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is considering a stay there - on both days breakfast the next morning was included and was well worth it

On our second day we decided to eat in the bar rather than the restaurant the staff were really friendly and they all provided an excellent service. Always ready to help and please, this really is a wonderful hotel and we can't wait to return

Room Tip: West wing view of the river/grounds was amazing
Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sammij976
Richard S, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at The Oakley Court Hotel as well the service provided by our team. We look forward to welcoming you on your return visit.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Spent 2 nights with my wife and daughter over Easter and just loved this place. Champagne on arrival was a lovely start and free wifi is always welcome. Our room was very spacious and clean with an ipod docking station and beautiful The White Company toiletries. Easter egg hunt was really fun for my daughter (although a bit cold)! Dinner was beautiful with Howard the restaurant manager never stopping. Decided to have a lovely relaxing breakfast in the room after reading previous reviews about breakfast in the restaurant being busy. All in all a really perfect break with friendly, helpful staff.

Room Tip: We stayed in the East Wing which was perfect for us
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable Easter break and thank you for taking the time to post a review. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Oakley Court Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Whilst staying at Oakley Court I felt very much looked after and comfortable. Whilst there myself and my mother had afternoon tea which was delicious and beautifully presented to us. My room was perfection! It was very clean and fresh and beautifully decorated. Every single member of staff was kind and welcoming, I HIGHLY recommend the scenic, charming Oakley Court Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for highly recommending the Oakley Court Hotel. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.