“Wonderful hotel for our honeymoon”
Review of The Oakley Court

The Oakley Court
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Windsor
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed here for one night for our honeymoon - our first night away from our three young children in 5 and a half years!!! The hotel is beautiful inside and out. We were welcomed with a glass of champagne and the check in was very good. We ate from the hotel bar menu and the food was amazing. We also enjoyed a few drinks and a cocktail each after our meal.

The setting by the river was beautiful and the grounds were gorgeous, especially the driftwood sculptures which were fascinating in their detail. We saw a wedding going on and if you are local, this hotel looks like a perfect wedding venue for your photographs!

The reason I haven't given 5 stars is because of our room location, related to the aforementioned wedding. Unfortunately, despite the company I booked through noting that this was our honeymoon and me also contacting the hotel to say it was our honeymoon (with no response), we were put in a room with a window directly facing the entrance/exit to the wedding reception.

The bass from the wedding disco could be felt and heard in our room, even with the TV on until late in the evening. Having been recently married myself, I would never begrudge a wedding party enjoying themselves, but it would have been nicer to put non-wedding guests away from the reception. If the wedding party happen to read this, I hope you enjoyed your wonderful day.

At the hotel we held our reception in, the hotel insisted that wedding guests took the rooms closest to the venue rooms, to minimise noise for non-wedding guests. This is a detail this hotel could take note of I hope. On check-out, the staff did not ask how our stay was, so I had no opportunity to express this in person.

The room was lovely, although I did notice that the tiled in the bathroom were cracked in a number of places. However it was extremely clean and true to the advertised photographs. I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends, but I would advise them to check that their room is not opposite a wedding reception. We stayed in the building that houses the gym and swimming pool (which looks beautiful).

Breakfast was lovely too, always a bonus!! We stayed in this hotel and then visited the Harry Potter Studio Tour near Watford.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Richard S, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear cheekychica

Thank you for your complimentary review following your honeymoon stay at the Oakley Court Hotel. Whenever possible we always endeavour to locate groups of wedding guests together - I apologise for the fact that this was not possible on this isolated occasion.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you again to The Oakley Court Hotel.

Richard Smith

Write a ReviewReviews (2,439)

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights when visiting Legoland. Had booked special offer through Superbreaks, and for the price we paid we were thrilled. The setting is just gorgeous, the rooms large, clean, and what you'd expect. We found it very warm in the room, but that seems common in hotels! The main house is fabulous. Lots of rooms to explore...bar, library, snug etc. The spa was brilliant, swimming pool steam room sauna and jacuzzi. Had it practically to ourselves both times we used it, Great service all round and made to feel very welcome with our 2 year old, even at evening dinner.
Agree with other reviewer that standard of breakfast could be raised.can't even put my finger on what exactly, it is fine, but not matching high standard of every thing else.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank covjt
Richard S, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear covjt

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your stay - I am currently addressing breakfast feedback with my team. We hope to welcome you again to the Oakley Court Hotel

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. The hotel has beautiful gardens on the bank of the Thames. The staff were very helpful and courteous, the room was very good. The only shortfall was the food which was not outstanding, had better breakfast at Premier Inn - not really up to the 4 star rating - but we had a great time despite this short-coming.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mickmickmick

Dear MickMickMick

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your anniversary stay at The Oakley Court Hotel however it appears from your comments that your breakfast experience was less than satisfactory. Please accept my apologies - I will forward your comments to Chef and my team.
Thank you - we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed with my wife on a one night break as we were visiting the Hinds Head in Bray.

We found the staff to be very attentive and courteous, the location is spectacular being right in the Thames and the grounds are immaculate.

Afternoon tea was fantastic and the scones were absolutely amazing, the best I have ever had.

The rooms are very much in keeping with the grandness of the hotel and were spotlessly clean. The only negative being the shower was not that warm.

Breakfast the next day was plentiful and very tasty and coffee on the banks of the river ended our stay perfectly.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Benparkin

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Oakley Court Hotel with us. It is particularly pleasing to know that you had such an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Oakley Court Hotel.

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

We booked for 3 nights. Enjoyed our stay . Rooms were a good size , great view and clean. Grounds and location very impressive. We arrived early and were allowed to leave bags with concierge. However upon seeing reception she said no check ins before 2.30 however a friend arrived earlier and had their room straight away. We waited till that time and still had to wait another hour. Minor but annoying as had no car and was raining. lounge staff pleasant and attentive. Would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Ibsb1212

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you had a great stay - please accept my apologies for the delay in check in. We hope to welcome you again on a future visit.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

My partner and I stayed here for three nights on a short break recently as the hotel was perfectly located for sightseeing. The hotel is located just outside Windsor and has lovely grounds which border the Thames and plenty of parking. Our room was a good size and with a large, comfortable bed although we were on the ground floor of the west wing which unfortunately had no view at all which was very disappointing.

We ate in the restaurant on the first night and after a mix up with a drinks order we received good service and had an excellent meal. We had dinner in the bar area for the other two nights where we received excellent service and well cooked, tasty food in a relaxed atmosphere. Breakfast is buffet style with plenty of choice.

Overall we had a very enjoyable stay and would certainly return to the Oakley Court if we wanted to stay in the area in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear zodlet

Thank you - I am pleased you had a very enjoyable stay and we hope to welcome you for a return visit.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

This place looked so appealing from the river but was a little disappointing. I stay in a lot of hotels and for this price range I'm used to better value. The Principal Hayley group is usually reliable, this hotel failed to impress. We had a business meeting to attend and all other decent hotels in the area were fully booked - the fact that this one had rooms available is telling. I was double charged for one item on my bill, part of the package I'd booked was not included on arrival and the restaurant was full of very noisy families. The food was in fairness pretty good, although the wine list did not offer particularly good value. Wouldn't go again, but if you're looking for a family friendly hotel, this might work for you.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David_B186356

Dear David_186356

I am disappointed to learn that you were not 100% happy with certain aspects of your stay - please accept my apologies. Your feedback is appreciated and will be discussed with my team. I assure you that Oakley Court has an ongoing commitment to supporting our guest’s needs. It is only through your valuable feedback and comments that we can improve our services and operations in the future.