The Oakley Court
  • Bar/Lounge
US$102
TripAdvisor
2,532 results
All reviewswest wingthe riverrocky horrorhammer horrordeck chairsafternoon teabeautiful groundsfat duckbeautiful hotelthe main houseglass of champagnetennis courtsleisure facilitiesa river view roomlovely settingsandwichesspecial occasion
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My husband and I booked the Oakley Court for a well earned night away from hard work and much loved though exhausting family. We were made feel welcome from the moment we arrived.Initially we were offered a room in the east wing outside the main hotel so we asked if we could possibly stay in the main house and we got a lovely room. The receptionist told us that the wifi was not good in that room so it was not suitable for all guests, we loved it, a perfect excuse to put all mobile devices away for at least one night. The food was lovely and breakfast the next day top class. We enjoyed our stay so much that we have booked Christmas Day dinner there and we will stay on Christmas night with our lovely daughter.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
RichardSmith2013, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear WeekendsLondon

I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay and a well deserved rest! We look forward to welcoming you back to The Oakley Court Hotel at Christmas.

Thank you for your valued review.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I am writing this as an active person who also travels for Business, so this review is based around that pre-qualification.
I should also point out that I do triathlons so my exercise requirements are probably of a specific nature

The Good Points: -
I absolutely cannot fault the staff, they are attentive and polite and do a good job dealing with potentially difficult people.
The rooms are very comfortable and decorated in a way that makes you feel at home
The grounds are lovely as is the building.
The food is very tasty and is beautifully presented
They have free wi fi which works very well
It has a "Gym and Pool" (I have used quotation marks as the caveat will come in the other part of this review)

The Bad Points: -

The gym and pool are really in name only, the pool is tiny and made for splashing about in, there is no way that a swimmer like myself could do a proper swim workout in here, likewise the gym is extremely small, so if there is a rush of people it will be overcrowded very quickly.
Surprisingly though, it is actually well equipped with items including Kettlbells and a cable crossover machine to name but a few.
As mentioned, the food is nice, the problem is that the cost of dinner is more than the amount that I am allowed to claim for, so instead there is an extremely limited bar menu. Which if you were at all bothered by the effect on your figure, then it wont help.
On this occasion I had decided to have an ice cream for dessert, but it didn't arrive as the reason given was that the kitchen were cooking all the main course prior to doing desserts.
My Key card stopped working and the replacement didn't work either.

Would I stay again?
Well, only if the Holiday Inn is full, and that says it all really

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ironmorg

Dear Ironmorg

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read that you found our staff to be attentive, your room comfortable and our food to your liking. Thank you also for your evaluation of our Leisure facilities. We hope to welcome you again to The Oakley Court Hotel.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

This hotel is a little bit on the outskirts of Windsor but ie in beautiful grounds next to the river Thames ,rooms are a very nice size the pool facilities are a little small but ok.Bar very expensive and breakfast not that good,but I do enjoy staying here for various reasons,think you would have to be very hard to impress if you are not impressed driving up to the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
RichardSmith2013, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear TimR

Thank you for your valued review. We are pleased you enjoy staying with us at The Oakley Court Hotel and hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

The place looks truly stunning from the outside but unfortunately nothing really lives up to that.
The problems started when we booked and they made a mistake with the number in our party and other incorrect info which was rectified but only after a day trying to phone up the booking line. I've sent a note to customer services and have heard nothing.
When we arrived the glass a bubbly was a nice touch but the room we were given was really disappointing - in an annexe next to the pool with hardly any natural light and a view of a dark courtyard. The pool complex itself is good.
The whole place and atmosphere gives the impression that it's slightly run-down and although the setting is lovely, it feels like a place for bus-parties not couples or families. The breakfast was like being at a Travelodge with wood panelling. I think if you're charging this much, it just has to be a bit better.
I would come again for a drink or afternoon tea and savour the building and the gardens.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Mattsterp

Thank you for your review. I am not able to establish from your Trip Advisor name with whom you made your reservation - for example through a third party - as we always respond promptly to enquiries made directly to the hotel.

I sincerely apologise as it seems that your overall experience was less than satisfactory. It is very difficult to rectify concerns after the event however should you return to The Oakley Court Hotel, please contact me and I will endeavour to ensure your stay meets your expectations.

Thank you for taking the time to feedback.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed here with 17 other members of my family we were attending a wedding. It came higly recommended but what a disappointment. Access to ground floor accommodation was either up and down stairs or by walking out of the building for approximately 50 metres. Not ideal for the two elderly grandmothers who were in the party. Also, the accommodation did not have walk in showers in any of the rooms to cater for the disabled or infirm. Again not ideal for the two elderly members of our group. Dinner on Friday night was spoiled because the starters were cold and had to be sent back, and they took nearly 30 minutes to be replaced. There was no apology, only a comment from the waiter that it was not his fault the starters were cold. Everyone met up on the Saturday evening after the wedding and we all had a very jolly time. Only drawback was that the service staff had to be asked more than once if they could come and clear glasses from the area we were occupying. Service was generally lackluster and definitely not with a smile. The final straw on the whole weekend was having to queue for more than 10 minutes to check out. It was such a shame. The hotel needs to find away for easier access to the ground floor rooms and needs to sort out some appropriate disabled accommodation so that visitors at least can have a shower!! The only good thing about the whole stay was that the grounds of the hotel were lovely. It should have been memorable. Thank goodness the wedding was.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
RichardSmith2013, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear SW17Girl

We are always happy to accommodate guest preferences whenever possible and we did clarify, prior to your group’s stay that we do not offer “walk in” showers however we are pleased to offer “accessible” rooms, subject to availability if required. This offer was declined in favour of superior ground floor rooms. On a separate note, it is regrettable that you did not have a flawless experience due to service issues – please accept my apologies - your comments will be relayed to my team. Thank you for taking the time to feedback.