“Where your dreams come true”
Review of The Oakley Court

The Oakley Court
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Windsor
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We have spent a splendid weekend at the Oakley Court hotel. Although we had two rainy days, the stately interior of the castle, the recreational facilities, the atmosphere provided by the professional staff and the top quality food served compensated us for the bad weather. We will definitely come back for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Executive double
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RichardSmith2014, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Arpad S

Thank you for your comments following you recent stay at Oakley Court.

The English weather can be such a let down, but I am pleased you still had a great stay.

Thank you for recognising my "professional" team, service is key and we always endeavour to deliver excellent service, regardless of the weather!

Richard Smith

Write a ReviewReviews (2,468)

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed at the hotel with my partner and I have to say that it was the most amazing weekend. To be greeted by a glass of champagne by the very friendly concierges was a lovely surprise.

The rooms themselves were spacious and wonderfully decorated in an old-style fashion, very in-keeping with the hotels theme. The bar was excellent and the food there was great. We didn't eat in the restaurant.

The hotel itself is spectacular with wonderful grounds, and right by the river. The gothic look gives it such character.

However the best thing about this hotel is quite easily the staff, with a couple who really stand out. Beth in the bar was an absolute delight, so friendly that we felt like we'd known her years. Rob at concierge was fantastic as well, greeting us at the door with a big smile on his face, and carrying our rather heavy bags to our room despite having a broken arm. He always seemed to be there nothing ever felt like to much to ask. The other concierges were just as friendly and helpful, and the American receptionist who checked us in was very helpful too.

All in all we had a marvellous stay, and recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone (just make sure you keep hold of the staff!)

Room Tip: River view is an absolute must!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
RichardSmith2014, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Kevlar200

Thank you for review following your stay at Oakley Court.

My team and I are delighted that you have highlighted the service levels and certain individuals within our team that stood out for you - I will certainly make these team members aware of the positive impression they have left on you.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

On Friday, my wife and I had the great pleasure of celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary at the Oakley Court Hotel. It was a wonderful night and I would like to congratulate all members of staff who contributed towards making it a truly memorable occasion.

Our suite was clean, comfortable and well-appointed and the concierge services were exceptional. The dining room staff were attentive, without being intrusive, and the advice given when choosing dishes was helpful and informative. I am particularly grateful to Pepẻ who searched the cellar to find a red wine that suited my particular palate and needs. One of our guests needed a gluten free diet and with the exception of the celebration cake, her requirements were easily accommodated. (However, a suitable alternative was quickly identified and supplied)

In an earlier review, a comment was made about the quality and quantity of the food provided. I cannot agree with this reviewer because there was plenty to eat and none of my guests went home hungry. I think the other reviewer has not grasped the fact that The Oakley Court Hotel has a fine dining restaurant and is not some suburban hostelry serving “pub grub”!

Thank you for an excellent way to celebrate 50 years of marriage.
John Yates. West Sussex

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank John952014

Dear John952014

Thank you for posting your review after staying at the Oakley Court - I am also delighted that we were able to make your 50th Wedding Anniversary so memorable.

I will certainly pass your kind comments with ref Peppe to him directly and of course the rest of my team, who all really do focus and endeavour to excel in customer service around the hotel.

Thank you for recognising our quality of food offering, we do indeed offer several different food experiences around the hotel, from fine dining to normal everyday "home from home" type of food - and even through the summer season we offer classic English Picnics around our grounds - what more could you ask for!

Thank you again for posting your comments.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed here during a company conference and loved it! Staff are very professional and the food over the two days was excellent. Ideal for conferences as the facilities were very good and flexible in terms of use. Lovely hotel and very comfortable rooms. I would love to visit again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear elizaliddell

Thank you for positing your comments following your recent stay at Oakley Court.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay while attending a work related conference, it is sometimes difficult to enjoy these types of stay, as you are working all day in a meeting room, however due to the selection of meeting rooms we can offer - all with natural daylight and all of the modern facilities you would expect to work in - Oakley Court is a perfect choice for a meeting or conference from 2 people up to 500.

Maybe next time, return for a relaxing leisurely stay with some friends and get to enjoy the many local attractions close by to the hotel such as Windsor Castle, Legoland or even a shopping trip into London!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

This hotel is beautiful , in a stunning location so we arrived expecting a good quality afternoon tea. We were shown to our table and given the menu, waitresses were polite .
When our afternoon tea arrived, there was no room to put everything on the table, so our tea pots were put on the floor. This was to be rectified by I think a manager who added another table on for us.
The selection scones and cakes looked appetising, but the sandwiches/rolls were dreadful, actually inedible, the bread was hard, rolls were even worse. We did inform the waitress but nothing was suggested. However the scones and cakes were delicious.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Reality123

Dear Reality123

Thank you for your comments following your recent visit to Oakley Court.

It is always disappointing to read feedback after a guest has had a poor experience at the hotel - I acknowledge that some elements only of your Afternoon Tea were less than perfect for you - I have spoken with my Kitchen Team to ensure they understand the poor impression that you have been left with - however, I was delighted to read that the "scones and cakes were delicious" and of course your comment that the hotel is "beautiful".

Please be assured that by far the majority of our Afternoon Teas are very well received and we have a strong element of returning guests for this unique experience, please do try and give us another chance to get this right for you, please make me aware if you do decide to return in the future.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Very impressive main building and grounds in a perfect location next to the thames and very close to windsor - it's a shame the two additional wings are so out of place next to the fabulous gothic main building. We see they are trying to resolve the unsightly sixties architecture by growing climbers over the facade.

Calling to make a booking was very difficult. When you finally got someone on the phone they were in the wrong department and you were left hanging and waiting while you were transferred - twice to another ringing phone. They really should smooth out this process. I did mention to the receptionist when I finally got though that it was my husband's birthday. I was told I'd get a call back to see if we would like any additional services - this call never came and we booked dinner elsewhere. Checking in was fast and efficient, checking out however wasn't, as there was only one member of staff on reception on the sunday morning at 10:30am when most people were trying to check out - no relief staff appeared to be on hand to speed up the queue. Bar staff and restaurant staff were very attentive as was the gentlemen that brought our bags to the room.

Our room (303) was very spacious with a bay window overlooking the grounds and the thames. Decorated in keeping with the old part of the building but starting to look a bit tired - we found the fan in the bathroom wasn't powerful enough to clear steam and the tap in the sink was too short so you couldn't get your hand under the tap! The bed was very comfortable and large, the room was also very quiet and served it's purpose very well.

Lounge and bar area were very pleasant to sit in over looking the grounds, it's a shame that the weather prevented us from experiencing the outdoor excellent decking area with tables and parasols. There were also lots of deck chairs scattered throughout the grounds.

The restaurant was very well laid out, the selection of food for breakfast was adequate but we have experienced far better food and selection in other similar hotels we have stayed in.

On the whole nice, but we were not left aching to return.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear anteallachleiscester

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay at Oakley Court.

I have investigated a number of your comments with my team, to ensure we learn and develop from the experiences you had received before and during your stay - For your information, we have recently started to handle reservations in a different manner, therefore I am hopeful that the issues you have described will be resolved by this change, with regards your other comments thank you again for these as it is only through receiving guest feedback that I can effect change for the better.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

On arrival we were greeted with a glass off bubbly and a concierge service to carry our luggage. The hotel is absolutely stunning. Beautiful by day and imposing and eerie by night.
We had a lovely room with a view over the Thames and the lawn. We didn't use the restaurant but had evening drinks in the bar with excellent table service.
The hotel staff were extremely courteous and friendly and we were delighted with our room.
Breakfast was very nice with a great selection and again, excellent service.
Search online for voucher codes. I found a 'shopping' code which gave us a £20 voucher, a drink in the bar and breakfast included.
Perfect stay, absolutely faultless.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main building are nicer but obviously more expensive.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
RichardSmith2014, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Lousie79_13

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at Oakley Court.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your entire stay so much, my team and I are focused on ensuring our guests experiences are matched by the "beautiful" Hotel and "stunning" location we enjoy - we clearly have surpassed your expectations - we hope you return to Oakley Court soon.