The Oakley Court
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
US$102
Good 3.5/5
The White House(Old Windsor)
TripAdvisor
2,532 results
All reviewswest wingthe riverrocky horrorhammer horrordeck chairsafternoon teabeautiful groundsfat duckbeautiful hotelthe main houseglass of champagnetennis courtsleisure facilitiesa river view roomlovely settingsandwichesspecial occasion
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My fiance and I have just returned from a 3 night stay at The Oakley Court. We were staying to celebrate our anniversary.
The hotel itself is beautiful located on the river amoungst beautiful grounds.
When we arrived we were appointed our room in the east wing which after all attempts to cool down was still extremely hot. We informed reception the next moring and without hesitation they located us another cooler room in the west wing.
All of the staff were friendly and helpfull and quick to resolve any quiries we had.
The facilities are good too - we enjoyed our first ever game of golf!
The only thing I would advise is that it's quite a way out from shops and bars etc (neccisary for the beautiful location) This wasn't a problem for us as we had the car but when we went out for dinner in the evening we did have to take a taxi which cost around £10 each way to the town of Bray and would be roughly the same into Windsor I would imagine.
All in all we had a relaxing and peaceful trip and would certainly return should we be visiting Windsor again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RichardSmith2014, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear 37Ruth

Thank you for posting your review following your three night stay at Oakley Court.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you were able to use a number of our facilities - how is your Golf Handicap!?

I look forward to you returning in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I often use Oakley Court for informal meetings with colleagues. The food is good and the service great. It is quiet and spacious so meetings are easily accommodated. On sunny days the terrace is fantastic overlooking the Thames. Less road noise than the Runneymede but perhaps not as convenient location wise, and not quite as plush but a good alternative.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Karen B
RichardSmith2014, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Karen B

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to Oakley Court.

I am delighted that you are able to use our many public lounges for your informal business meetings, being located near to London, M4/M25 Motorways and of course Heathrow International Airport we are very popular as a destination for these types of meetings.

Please be sure to keep coming back to us, and maybe consider becoming one of our Loyalty Club Members, this great benefit will offer a wealth of recognition and discounts on Food and Beverage that you could enjoy as a regular guest.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Fantastic Hotel, fantastic staff and fantastic food!

What more could we ask for to make our anniversary weekend any more special, we were checked in quickly and directed to our room where we were treated to a bottle of sparkling wine and chocolate as the hotel called us a week ahead to find out the reason for our stay.

The room was huge, clean and very comfy with an enormous bed. We had a fantastic view of the river Thames from our 2nd floor window.

There is a pool with jacuzzi and a steam room and sauna, I used the jacuzzi and pool and was please to see they seemed clean and well maintained, the changing rooms were also very tidy.

We had also made a dinner reservation when we booked and I have to say the food was absolutely amazing. I had Sirloin Steak which was cooked to perfection and incredibly tasty and my wife enjoyed the pork belly which again was cooked brilliantly. We were again surprised by staff at dinner when they presented us a special desert just for us (Picture below).

We went for a walk in the moonlight along the river and back again which given the location was perfect.

Breakfast was again very good all hot and very tasty.

I would definitely recommend staying here and I may well return there myself come our next anniversary

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Daveyrach

Thank you for comments following your recent stay at Oakley Court.

Clearly you had a wonderful time during your stay at the hotel, thank you for recognising the many positives from the initial Guest Relations interaction prior to your stay to the excellent breakfast you had before you departed - please be sure to definitely return for your Anniversary next year, and maybe a Birthday treat in between!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed at the Oakley Court last Friday night for a family wedding. Overall I would say that the hotel presents itself well with a pleasant, attentive, staff but there are a few details which could do with some work.

The food. We ate in the bar from the menu from there and whilst the food was ok it was pretty average and probably not good enough to justify the prices being charged. The buffet breakfast though was excellent with lots of tasty options. Being there for a wedding we also had a wedding dinner. With that the food was tasty but the presentation, as Masterchef would say, needed work.

The room itself was clean though a bit dated. The twin beds were rather small given the room price point and I found them rather soft (but that is personal preference). The biggest problem though was that there was some form of overlay from their TV distribution systems on Dave which made it practically unwatchable. This was reported to the staff but they were not able to address it (would have needed something to be done at the central point rather than at the room end I expect).

Overall it was a pleasant stay but I have stayed in hotels with better facilities at this price point.

Room Tip: If you need a ground floor room (for access) then note that rooms in the 3xx range location means that you have to go outside to get to them avoiding stairs, which is a bit of a pain if it is raining. If you are ok with stairs it is possible to route through the main building though.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Tim H

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Oakley Court.

I was pleased to read that overall the food you ate was to your satisfaction, this included the "excellent" "buffet breakfast" and the "tasty" "wedding dinner", although you personally felt the presentation needed some work - thank you for this constructive feedback. We clearly need to work a little bit more on the bar food as you felt this was just "OK", I will be looking at this menu again in the next few weeks with my Kitchen Team to ensure we deliver a better experience in this area.

For your information, we have now had the "Dave" channel repaired, this was an isolated error that required a specialist contractor to attend site, this unfortunately could not be accomplished while you stayed 1 night with us - I apologise that you did not get to enjoy this particular TV channel to its full.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is a good hotel. The riverside location is excellent, Hotel grounds are really picturesque & very well maintained. Staff were really good & helpful. Quiet location.
Bedroom decor was dated though clean, spacious & well equipped.
Very comfortable stay.
Downside was the service charge at the bar / restaurant !

Room Tip: River side view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear fivesheds

Thank you for posting your review comments following your recent visit to Oakley Court.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much. Yes, some of our bedrooms do need a little updating, however as you have noted they are clean and comfortable and are certainly large compared to many other similar hotels.

The service charge is discretionary and should only be provided if any of our guests have received excellent service above expectations.

Thank you again for your feedback.