The Oakley Court
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
2,568 results
All reviewswest wingthe riverrocky horrorhammer horrordeck chairsafternoon teabeautiful groundsfat duckbeautiful hotelthe main houseglass of champagnetennis courtsleisure facilitiesa river view roomlovely settingsandwichesspecial occasion
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Fantastic location with relaxing gardens and nearby river. The staff are friendly and helpful, the food and beverage service was timely and of good quality.
A couple of things could be improved upon; the water pressure in our room was very low making the shower barely usable. The leisure facilities could do with some refurbishment and deep cleaning, especially the ladies changing room, sauna and air vents above the jacuzzi.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Richard S, Managing Director at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear lizwSussex

Thank you for your comments placed on this site after your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read that you found my team to be "friendly and helpful", and of course the location of the hotel is indeed "fantastic".

I have already dealt with the feedback with regards the Leisure Club, this area has had improvements made to the daily cleaning schedule to ensure we do not let our standards slip moving forward - thank you for taking the time to point out these important areas.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

First off, this hotel was everything I expected. I would have given it 5 stars but we had a few problems on arrival. Apparently we were upgraded from an Executive Family room to an Executive Double - which I was not happy about (as it's smaller). After explaining my dissatisfaction to front desk we were quickly moved to a suite without any quibble. We also had a complementory movie included in our package but unfortunately the tele did not play the movies on the first eve, but was fixed on the second eve after my second complaint.

Everyone was resolved professionally and didn't spoil our 4 days there. We went swimming in the pool every evening, and had cocktails on the lawn at dusk. The place is stunning to say the least. At first we thought everything was extremely pricey e.g £9.50 for a Long Island Ice Tea - but after experiencing the cost of VERY basic food in a pub in the next village of Bray we quickly established that the hotel prices were not too bad.

My son asked to order off the children's menu several times and was accommodated without question.

Overall, lovely place!

Room Tip: The wifi in the west wing was practically non-existant
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank slils

Dear Slils

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at Oakley Court.

I am pleased that my team dealt with your queries efficiently and that you ended up thoroughly enjoying your stay with us.

Do please return to us in the future when you require accommodation in the Windsor area.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Lovely hotel and grounds. Breakfast buffet could be improved. Left on chafing dishes too long and we came down at 7.40 am to find over cooked bacon sausage and fried eggs we spoke to restaurant manager who acknowledged it needs to be improved. We would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Sandra M

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Oakley Court.

I accept that we need to make a number of changes to our breakfast buffet area, this is in hand will be occurring in the next few weeks, so please come back and see the changes we have put in place following a number of guests giving is feedback such as yours.

Thank you again for taking the time to let me know how your stay went.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The location is absolutely amasing. it has the air of royalty about it, the property is large, well kept and with boat access.
The rooms are fully-equiped - ironing set, coffee & tea, led TV with 2014 blockbuster collection and Hollywood favs, bathrobes, A/C etc. Everything is clean, neat and well kept.

The restaurant & bar have a rich selection of foods and drinks and the service is what you'd expect from such a place.
The only thing that made my right eyebrow lift was the squeaky floors, but I was not bothered by it.

Totally recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Laurentiu_Horubet

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Oakley Court.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the unique Oakley Court Hotel - please be sure to return to us again in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Dear Mr Smith. I would like to thank you and your staff for the few days stay which we thoroughly

enjoyed. Your staff were pleasant friendly. The gardens look wonderful and the

hotel will look excellent when the refurbishment is complete. When completed we

shall make our seventh visit. Many Thanks J M Rowell.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Richard S, Managing Director at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Mr Rowell

Thank you for your feedback following your recent return stay to Oakley Court.

I am pleased that our refurbishment of some of the public areas is to your liking, we have a lot more to do around the property but I am sure you will notice even more positive differences when you return for your 8th visit!

I look forward to seeing you back at the hotel soon.