2,801 results
All reviews west wing the river rocky horror deck chairs afternoon tea beautiful hotel fat duck beautiful grounds the main house glass of champagne tennis courts leisure facilities a river view room sandwiches lovely setting special occasion waiting staff
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for a couple of nights for a break between Christmas and new year, and had a really lovely time! We stayed in a producer’s suite (2 adults one child and one large dog) and from the moment we arrived everything was really well done. The staff were really friendly and helpful with special mention to Sam the butler who went out of his way for us. There are many comfortable sitting areas in the hotel bar.

Breakfast and dinner both very good (though breakfast would be even better with a porridge option). The grounds are well maintained and make for very enjoyable walking.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 879justinw
DanielM19732, Guest Relations Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear 879justinw,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us here at The Oakley Court, the team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I am grateful for your kind words, especially in regards to Sam our Butler - I will pass on your comments to him personally.
I hope we can welcome you back sometime soon for another enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at Oakley Court for four days recently and it was a very enjoyable experience, the staff were all charming and helpful and made us feel very at home. It is well located in beautiful riverside grounds. The room was spacious and well appointed. The restaurant served excellent food and the breakfast choice was extensive and tastefully displayed in its own room. We were staying to be near a poorly relative and it was a real oasis of warm relaxation at a difficult time.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DanielM19732, Guest Relations Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear WDandAK,

Thank you for your recent review of The Oakley Court, I am pleased that you enjoyed the 4 days spent with us and we were able to act as an oasis of warmth for you. I hope you can join us again sometime soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely venue. Visit one dinner in hotel followed by a meeting the following day. Meeting facilities great. My bedroom was also great lovely bed. Food at dinner was very good and breakfast was a high end buffet.

Second visit we went out for dinner to Windsor - my room was good not as good as the first time but still very nice and comfy. Peaceful.

Surroundings are lovely and in the summer it looked great - I know as I was there as we are using this venue for a meet in May 2019.

One thing to mind is the drinks are expensive - it’s a nice place so you would think so but we were surprised at the bar bill. It was astonishing really for 5 people.

I would / will stay again

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Derek W,

Thank you for your review of The Oakley Court. The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us especially your meeting facilities, bedroom and the venue. We look forward to welcoming you back sometime in 2019.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So after just getting married but having to wait until next year for an official honeymoon , we booked a breif trip away an chose the very attractive oakley court. I must say our 3gr journey and arrival in pouring rain was horrid but the inital doorman welcomed us in and directed us to reception. The lady was very plain faced and slightly gave a judgmental look! Made me feel slightly unwelcome. Then we couldn't understand her , only when her colleague told us our room was not yet ready, this was fine as were an hour early. We were directed to the bar where we were able to ger a drink and something to eat. Staff seamed friendly enough.
When we were able to check in laterwe were then given a welcome drink, and shown to our room which was freezing cold! The room itself was nice though.
We stayed in an executive suite room 360 t0 b precise. I struggled to sleep though due to the stale damp water smell of the bed sheets i ended up haaving to use a towel to cover the smell. Breakfast in the morning was lovely good selection although the eggs were hard as they cook too mny an they sit under heat an go plasticy. The staff did not acknowledge we were newley weds when we explained why were visiting an i felt a little dissapointed as if it was nothing special but hey i gues they must get that all the time. We did not stay long enough to make use of the facilities and i felt it odd that we were not offered a show round so we wouldny have known where f6o go anyway even if we wanted to.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DanielM19732, Guest Relations Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear B4198ElsuzanneB,

Thank you for your review of The Oakley Court following your recent Mini Moon getaway, Many congratulations! I was mostly pleased to read your feedback following your comments on the warm welcome from the doorman, friendly staff, and good selection of breakfast options. Naturally, I was disappointed with other parts of your review. I am sorry to hear about the unfriendly welcome you received from our receptionist, it would never be our intention to make our guests feel unwelcome and our Reception manager has been informed to remind our team how we welcome our guests. This is the first time we have heard about a damp smell, our housekeeping team have been informed to carry out a full investigation. Unfortunately, the hotel were unaware you were celebrating your Mini Moon, I have checked your booking and no notes were present and I am certain had we known our team would have at least acknowledge your celebration. I hope this has not deterred you from returning in future and that we can welcome you back again sometime soon.

Reviewed 12 December 2018

We had a lovely 2 days stay. Arrived Sunday about 12.30 booking in was easy & given keys to our suite what can I say lovely large room, with 2 tv's one in bedroom, the other in the lounge area, 2 large bay windows which we could see the Thames river out of both, lovely big bed, which we both slept well in. Lovely shower & boiling water. The hotel & grounds are beautiful, We had Sunday lunch my husband had beef & I had sea bass, both were beautiful & plenty of veg., we had starters & mains & that was more than enough, in fact we didn't eat anything else that day. Breakfast is very good with lots of choice & on Monday morning the older lady working there, lady laid a table by the window for us. She explained everything to us how you go into the pantry, she was very helpful, thank you (sorry don't know her name), everything is fresh & homemade, loved the jam. Last night we had evening meal, I had scallops, hubby had Turkey, again beautiful, & desert for us both was Xmas pud, oh the best I have ever tasted, & the waiting staff were brilliant. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone, even to try the beautiful food, if you live locally. All the staff are friendly & helpful. We did walk from there to Windsor, it is a long way & a little muddy this time of year. Did go for a swim on both days on Sunday we were the only ones in there & Monday there was only 3 others & after that there was only us. Not many in the gym either, but didn't try that out.

Room tip: Recommend room 602 right on the Thames
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Leighton P,

Thank you for your review of The Oakley Court following your recent Golden Wedding Anniversary celebrations with us. I was pleased to read your check-in experience was easy and the suite was to your liking, our rooms have some wonderful views of the River Thames and garden. I was also pleased to hear about the service you received including one particular staff member, I will make sure your kind words and passed on. Our menu's have recently changed to a more seasonal variety and I am delighted that you enjoyed your meals.
I hope you decided to visit us again in 2019, maybe during the summer to really see what The Oakley Court has to offer?