“Restaurant”

Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Have stayed here before but on this occasion only used the restaurant. My wife and I booked a table via email some weeks before arrival and received an instant response. We arrived at 7.50pm for a 8pm booking and were greeted and seated by a very pleasant young lady. The ambiance, food, drink ant service were second to none. Would recommend this restaurant for a good quality meal anytime.

1  Thank Clive S
GMMercureCastle, General Manager at Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Clive S,

Thank you for your recent review after dining in the restaurant with us. Thank you for your comments about service and the food quality which I will share with the team whom I know will be encouraged by this. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

David Hayden

Write a ReviewReviews (1,737)

Reviewed 25 May 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the location - very central and handy for key shops , railway and castle. The room was just about 4 * and most of the staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good and dinner was swell presented and good - if we did have to wait .
The downside for me was not being able to leave my debit card open to charge services for the room. I don't do credit cards.
Parking was good even though it was £10 a night.

Room Tip: We were across the car park which was fine but not once it began to rain.

Dear Jane046,

Thank you for your recent review and positive comments about the team, breakfast and dinner. I will also follow up on the comment you make in relation to debit cards as this is something we should be able to offer. I hope we can welcome you back to Windsor in the near future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel whilst visiting the Windsor Horse Show. I had decided to stay here as the weekend was a treat for us both and I didn't want the usual 'Travelodge' type of accommodation. However, that is exactly what we got. Despite the fabulous location and beautiful facade of the building, the hotel is totally without atmosphere. Our room was in the annexe and was satisfactory. The bathroom was small and not fully clean and the water pressure was not good. There was a stain on the floor next to the toilet and on the top near the basin were the rings made from a previous occupants electric tootbrushes. The decor in the bathroom and the room itself was tired and the arm chair in our room needed re padding. Car-parking was available (expensive but this seems to be the norm for hotels in Windsor). It was also slightly disappointing that we had to move our car by midday. Breakfast was satisfactory but the service was not as good as it could have been. Did not have an evening meal there so can not comment on the food. I wish now we had stayed in a Travelodge and saved our money. Would have to think twice about booking the same hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
GMMercureCastle, General Manager at Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Michele H,

Thank you for your recent review. Please accept my apologies you did not enjoy your stay with us, I will review your comments with the team and address any of the points you raise.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I am not one for posting lots of reviews as you can see but this hotel and its staff deserve to be recognised. My husband booked this hotel as a birthday surprise and it turned out to be a really lovely one at that. On arrival the staff were aware it was a special occasion and wished me happy birthday. We were told that we were been given an upgrade:). We left our bags and went out for lunch, on returning our bags were in our room along with a card and gift:). That evening we ate in the hotel. The service was very excellent with attention to detail as good as in top London hotels. There was a very nice menu with a good variety on offer. When dessert came i got a specially decorated plate - simple to do I know but it is the little touches that make the difference. The staff were all really pleasant, friendly and nothing was too much trouble. This felt natural and there seemed to be genuine team sprit. Other important items you may want to know.... this is an older hotel with character but very clean and well maintained with the all important comfy beds. The hotel is locate just a couple of hundred yards from the castle.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
GMMercureCastle, General Manager at Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear MPgoes,

Thank you for your recent review, I'm delighted that you had a fantastic birthday break with us. I will ensure I share your feedback with the team whom you recognise within your email as all of the team work hard to try and ensure we give our guests the right experience during their time with us. I hope we can welcome you back to Windsor in the near future.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

My friend and I stayed here for one night after spending the day at windsor horse show. Our room was clean, beds were comfy, bathroom clean with a good shower! We didn't eat at the hotel so can't comment on the food. Check at 12 noon which is great. And they hold luggage for you if you are still in town after check out time. Which was great as we visited the castle. Hotel perfect location to shops and restaurants. Would defiantly stay again.

Room Tip: We had a room at back of hotel and didn't hear any traffic. Think rooms at front could be noisy...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
GMMercureCastle, General Manager at Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear clumps82,

Thank you for your recent review and positive comments about your experience with us. I will be delighted to share this with the team and hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed 2 nights - very comfortable and a very short walk to the castle. Right on the high street opposite the guildhall. Very helpful staff and an excellent breakfast. Quite a lot of stairs which might be a problem for some people.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear amarillo,

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you had a very comfortable stay with us and found the breakfast and the team to be very good. I hope we can welcome you back to Windsor in the near future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very nice hotel located right next to the castle, ideal for a stroll around the town. The hotel was good, the rooms clean, the wifi worked and the staff were all very helpful and friendly. The bathroom was on the small side but that was only a minor point. Would be happy to stay there again. For the taxi transfer from Heathrow I chose Windsor cars as they were quick and cheaper than a black cab.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ecosse28
GMMercureCastle, General Manager at Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear ecosse28,

Thank you for your recent review and positive comments about your experience at the hotel. I will be delighted to share this feedback with the team who I know will be encouraged by this. I hope we can welcome you back to Windsor in the near future.